Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Acolyte.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: 12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8117

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
  • I am Revan Reborn, and before me you are nothing!
  • Thank you received: 99
Alright, so it arrived today! I've been waiting a long time for a staff, and I ordered from Etsy in order to get it faster! Faster: Yes! Better: Not at all!

- I asked for 2 Standard Finish Champion Cyan Acolytes: Check! They're beautiful! Cyan is an awesome color! I was afraid of my decision at first, but now I don't regret it at all!
- I asked for a long black staff coupler (Phil told me it would be done): Nope, received a short one who barely fits! Worst: Standard finish...
- I asked for 2 Crimson Sabercores: Nope, received 2 Viridian Sabercores
- I asked for 2 32'' Polycarbonate blades: Nope, I received 2 37'' Polycarbonate blades! DUDE, I'm 5'7, this shit is getting just too big for me to wield!

To summarize, I'm mad as f*ck right now! I was afraid it was going to happen, reading everyone talk about the problems with their orders lately! Now I'm part of it and it pisses me off! I was expecting something and I received something else! I'm considering myself lucky to have at least receive the right hilt, with the right finish, the right tier and the right color!

So I'm gonna do a god damn honest review! Pictures will follow later! I'm at work and I don't want to play wait it more than I can!

Pros:
- The Acolytes are, still, beautiful hilts! I should even say gorgeous!
- Cyan is a beautiful color! I always wanted a cyan saberstaff/dual wield, but I was afraid of how the color would appear! I'm very happy with it!

Cons:
- Not the right coupler in term of lenght and color! This is destroying the base of my sabers when I couple them together, GRRRRR!!!
- Not the right Soundboards (Viridian instead of Crimson)
- Not the right blade lenght for both!
- Blades are not going deep enough in the hilts... They're shaking like hell when I manipulate the sabers, which is terrible!

Now, normally I rate the sabers, which, once again, get a 10 from me (on a scale of 1 to 10)! However, the service I received on this order is terrible! You're gonna tell me: ''Send it back to...''! NO! This should not be happening! I'm not going to pay 60$ to send my order back in order to get the right thing! It's the second time my staff project is being busted by some mistakes! First time I was like: Mmm ok, shit happens! But this time this is more than just one mistake... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sorry, I'm mad! I might be exagerating but this review is both honest and done while my feelings are real! 700$ Canadian dollars for that! I think this was one of, if not my last, order at SF!
Champion Medium Blue Reliant (First Edition)
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
Champion Cyan Acolyte Saberstaff
The topic has been locked.

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8121

• Paul_W
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Shitty! That really sucks Revan! Sorry it went so bad for you. Especially when you are one of there biggest supporters. Hope you get some satisfaction in the end!

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8124

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
That sucks, man. Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like you got the same coupler I did at first; don't even try to use it, you'll fuck up your pommel covers. I'd send you my long one right now, since it's weathered, but it sounds like you wanted it solid black... so. =/ The wrong soundboard is DEFINITELY a frustrating thing. I tried getting over the fact that my two came with two different sound fonts but unfortunately I just can't right now... so, selling the one, and getting two Disciples (in warrior, so no sound...) to get a new staff going for myself.

Other than that, I hope they fix things and make em right for you. So far they've done awesomely in stepping up and fixing things for me, so that's really all I can say on that matter, but. Sucks it happened. :(

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8126

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
Paul_W wrote:
Shitty! That really sucks Revan! Sorry it went so bad for you. Especially when you are one of there biggest supporters. Hope you get some satisfaction in the end!

I've always been like: OMG SABERFORGE IS THE BEST COMPANY JEEZ OMG OMG OMG!!! Now my opinion changed drastically! I'm not sure I'm gonna take the time to write to them because I don't think this is Phil's fault and he doesn't deserve me being rude! Still, I lost in this, and if I send it back I will lose again! Money doesn't change the world but... Well you know! I'm gonna do a video review to show you guys all what is wrong (the more time goes the more problems I find...)! I'll try to decide if I write to Phil about it!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
The following user(s) said Thank You: O.G. Jedi Lord

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8128

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
You should absolutely write to them, and let them know of the mixups, and give them a chance to do something to right the wrongs. They did for me, and I was came out of the situation even more loyal to the company than before. *shrugs*
The following user(s) said Thank You: neckchop, Aresus

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8129

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Thank you received: 62
I know how you feel man, I've had my fair share of problems from SF. I do believe that Phil will pay shipping if the problem is serious, he has offered to do that for me. I probably shouldn't say that, because now everyone will be asking for it. So yea, DON'T ASK FOR FREE SHIPPING. But in your case Revan I think it's acceptable.

Really sucks that they messed up that much of your order. I know that they are rushing through orders, and that's probably why there were a few things wrong with it. I've also heard TONS of reports of the wrong soundboard being installed.

Hope this gets resolved!

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8130

• O.G. Jedi Lord
  • Premium Member
  • The Jedi and the Sith are both a lie. The force is both, life and death. Good and evil. Black and white. May the forces be with us.
  • Thank you received: 1
Write them, I think they will handle it all. Probably wont cost you anything, I think they will take the hit. Because of all the prob's they have been having lately. Also I think this is some growing pains for saber forge. I think they are getting more popular and this is the cost of it. I think soon they will get it all handled. But have them fix yo prob, bet dat!!!
I have a Acolyte Champion Purple 12w LED.
Soon a Disciple!!!

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8132

• ModernJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Sorry saber brotha. I know you have been needing a sweet staff something fierce. Honestly, I would request they pay shipping! 2nd time something is wrong? You didnt screw it up! Either did Phil, but his tech did. I only hear the best about that customer service. It'll totally be worth the wait :). When Everything is the way you want it, and you ignite it that first time.....all the other shit will just melt away!

Have I sufficiently calmed you? (hehehe jedi mind trick yo sith a$$)
The following user(s) said Thank You: neckchop

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8133

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1070
Just my .02 of a dollar's worth of unsolicited advise...

When the emotion of this has subsided a bit, and a cooler head can prevail, I do recommend contacting Phil. He seems so earnest in his desire to do things right, and I think I can supposition from that that he also prefers to do it right the first time. If his expansion is going too quickly, or the folks he is bringing on-board are not living up to the standards he has always been known for, then it is his reputation (i.e., his business) that suffers.

We all know that once trust is lost, whether in a person, or a business, it is damned hard to earn back. I am gonna assume that Phil would rather not ever be in that position, especially with his best customers, and most earnest supporters. In a business like this, quality product, continued innovation, and stellar customer service will take you far. By the same token, the reverse of any of those will eat away at it. So far, Saberforge has managed to meet and exceed those positive markers, but if that is being put in jeopardy by things he might not be aware of, he absolutely should be informed.

I am sure he is used to getting complaints from folks that don't understand the product, or screw up their own orders because they don't understand the options available. However, in this case, I am sure he would recognize that neither of these cases apply to you. In other words, I am sure he would give appropriate weight to your issues, and take them to heart.

If this is as chronic as it sounds, the sooner he is aware of it, the sooner he can do what is necessary to put things back on track.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8134

• Master Buda
  • I am the keeper of the flame, soldier of balance. I am a Guardian of the Balance. I am a Gray Jedi.
Sounds like SF needs outgoing inspections from experienced sabertech to catch these order errors from getting to customers.

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8137

• MystByte
  • User is blocked
  • There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, There Is Only The Force
  • Thank you received: 62
Brax wrote:
We all know that once trust is lost, whether in a person, or a business, it is damned hard to earn back. I am gonna assume that Phil would rather not ever be in that position

If I recall correctly, SF has been in that position before. They used to be a shady company until Phil overhauled it. That's what I've heard.

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8141

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
I cooled down a bit and wrote to Phil telling him about the situation while being calm and respectful! However, I'm still mad about all this! What comforts is that:
1- I'm not the only one who had trouble with his order lately
2- You're are talking to me about solutions and all, which is very nice of you guys
3- You're all supporting me in this, and I appreciate it at a point you just can't imagine!

I'll tell you all how it goes! Until then, I'll have to try to accept the fact that I got something else and that kind of error is ''normal''!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte
The following user(s) said Thank You: DangerousFat

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8142

• Darth Revan
  • User is blocked
Kresnik wrote:
So I know you have acolytes that do not have have the blade seating issue ? But these ones do ?

This tells me that they have an issue with a shipment of those hilts.

Mine is majorly wobbly I tried taping the blade last night and it went from majorly wobbly to wobbly and louder with the tape crinkling.

My blades are wobbling like if it was an earthquake wielding the saber instead of me! It's both embarrasing and terrible! No way I'm gonna do orbits and duel with this... Just no! The feeling I get when I spin it is terrible! I hope they can fix this too!
Champion Green Epoc
Warrior Green Epoch
Warrior Red Acolyte

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8144

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
  • Thank you received: 9
Great...so basically I'm f*cked with my Acolyte...

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8145

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
Great...so basically I'm f*cked with my Acolyte...

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8146

• O.G. Jedi Lord
  • Premium Member
  • The Jedi and the Sith are both a lie. The force is both, life and death. Good and evil. Black and white. May the forces be with us.
Darth Revan wrote:
I cooled down a bit and wrote to Phil telling him about the situation while being calm and respectful! However, I'm still mad about all this! What comforts is that:
1- I'm not the only one who had trouble with his order lately
2- You're are talking to me about solutions and all, which is very nice of you guys
3- You're all supporting me in this, and I appreciate it at a point you just can't imagine!

I'll tell you all how it goes! Until then, I'll have to try to accept the fact that I got something else and that kind of error is ''normal''!

It's all hood, you work hard for the money and spend it like this. Its a investment in something you take seriously. You have every right to feel the way you do. ;)
I have a Acolyte Champion Purple 12w LED.
Soon a Disciple!!!

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8148

• Brax
  • Administrator
My experience is that saber communities tend to be fairly close-knit, and supportive. It was that way over in the UltraSabers forums, and I have found it to be true here as well.

So, hopefully the support you are receiving is the standard level that would be offered for most anyone. That said, when the faith of one of the most faithful is shaken, that calls for the next level of action.

So, in essence, we got you man!

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8149

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 293
As a new client and eagerly awaiting my first order with a few awaited future release orders in consideration. The many topics I've seen with this matter concerns me deeply. When spending any kind of money on a product, never mind the few hundred people are spending on this niche market, there should be some kind of quality control. What does it truly take to go over the work order one final time to ensure the clients requests are met? It's great to see that Saber Forge does its best to appease and rectify these issues. However, it should never come to that in my opinion. Spending an extra amount for shipping as we do to Canada to send an item back to be "fixed" when it should have been right in the first place takes away from the companies over all image as well as takes away money from us that in turn may have been used to purchase another saber. As far as I'm concerned. This is NOT ok in any form of business.

Apologies to hear about your misfortune my friend. And with our exchange rate, our dollar sucks at the moment which costs us canucks more.
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by NeBosa.

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8152

• Brax
  • Administrator
BTW, I still want to see pictures of the sabers (in separate, or coupled configuration..your choice) ignited. I want to see that color on those hilts.

12W Champion Acolyte Cyan Saberstaff 2 years 3 months ago #8157

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
Kresnik:

I'm waiting. I ordered off the site so I'm expecting it towards the end of may.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5292
  • Latest Member: ijiwusik
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22