Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Soundboard in an Apprentice Saber?

ASP Soundboard in an Apprentice Saber? 4 months 1 week ago #44063

• GTech7007
  • Eat, Sleep, Lightsaber Combat
  • Thank you received: 1
So, I own:
Acolyte Weathered
12W LED
Warrior Tier
LED Quick Connects
And I was wondering, when ASP is released, can I buy just the electronics and put them inside my Acolyte?
Only a Sith deals in absolutes
-Obi-Wan Kenobi
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP Soundboard in an Apprentice Saber? 4 months 1 week ago #44110

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 336
You could but you'll have to gut your saber and then install the ASP kit.

ASP Soundboard in an Apprentice Saber? 4 months 1 week ago #44111

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 391
My initial thought would be yes. The only thing that I could see being an issue would be how long the wire used in the kit is, since the Apprentice sabers are shorter on average and a bit thinner, so your cram-fu game would have to be on point.

Another thing is that we don't yet know how the kits will be sold. You already have an LED with quick connects, but you also need a momentary switch. If you can only buy a full kit (LED, switch, battery/board/speaker setup) and not piecemeal, it may just be cheaper to send it in and have a board added by SF (plus you'd get a recharge port that way).

Perhaps Kynitri could chime in on this?
2005 MR Vader, B/B/W Graflex 2.0, yellow SF ASP Interceptor

ASP Soundboard in an Apprentice Saber? 4 months 1 week ago #44112

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 168
h2soy wrote:

I believe people have bought empty sabers to install the electronics from the ASP kits. Can that be done, and how hard is it?

Oracle, Fury, Avenger, Bane, Katana

ASP Soundboard in an Apprentice Saber? 4 months 1 week ago #44130

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
I believe people have bought empty sabers to install the electronics from the ASP kits. Can that be done, and how hard is it?
Depends on the saber and whether or not the components were glued together. Apprentice sabers are notorious for having a small amount of space for their internal components so trying to work the ASP parts inside would be difficult. I'm planning on seeing how reasonable it is to rewire the ASP kits with a recharge port otherwise I'll be wiring my ASP/empty sabers from scratch.
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by h2soy.

ASP Soundboard in an Apprentice Saber? 4 months 1 week ago #44134

• Furvious
  • Thank you received: 5
Eddlyss64 wrote:
h2soy wrote:

I ordered an apprentice saber and will be wiring my own guts when I get it. I will be sending pics and vids as I make them in this process. I know that someone linked a video from Shameem awhile ago. It was very informative and shows that if you do not have experience with wiring that you really should reconsider the "do it yourself" approach. I do not want to discourage any one from a do it yourself project but be aware that it is a complicated process and takes experience.

ASP Soundboard in an Apprentice Saber? 4 months 1 week ago #44135

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 391
h2soy wrote:
I'm planning on seeing how reasonable it is to rewire the ASP kits with a recharge port otherwise I'll be wiring my ASP/empty sabers from scratch.

I planned on doing that as well, especially now that I know the kind of recharge ports SF uses (thanks to Shameem's latest video). The switchcraft brand ones are fine, but I like how low profile the kind SF uses are.
2005 MR Vader, B/B/W Graflex 2.0, yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Jaden Korr.

ASP Soundboard in an Apprentice Saber? 4 months 1 week ago #44221

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
I ordered an apprentice saber and will be wiring my own guts when I get it. I will be sending pics and vids as I make them in this process.
I'll be doing something similar too. I'm also going to be posting a electronic diagram for wiring in-hilt charging on board-less hilts.
I know that someone linked a video from Shameem awhile ago. It was very informative and shows that if you do not have experience with wiring that you really should reconsider the "do it yourself" approach. I do not want to discourage any one from a do it yourself project but be aware that it is a complicated process and takes experience.
I was planning on doing my own installs from here on out and Shameem's and TCSS's vids are quite informative. I would argue that board-less builds with preassembled LEDs aren't all that tricky and I, a complete wiring noob, think it's a good place to start my saber wiring education.
The switchcraft brand ones are fine, but I like how low profile the kind SF uses are.
I ordered ten of them. B)
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by h2soy.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• DIY Sound Board Breakdown... (99 Posts)
    • Looking to complete all the parts needed for a graflex 2.1 build using a crystal focus v8 - I want...
    • Starfall Zero SS|Story so... (1 Posts)
    • Take a deep breath before diving in. Have been doing some studying lately and if executed correctly,...
    • How Long to Charge a batt... (2 Posts)
    • How long should you charge your saber for right out of the box when you get it? Mine is at the hub...
    • Order Status Help? (1 Posts)
    • is it normal for your order to not appear on the "My Order" page on the saberforge.com? its been 2...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4357
  • Latest Member: snaX087
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3147
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 56
  • Yesterday Answer: 47