Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Backer shipping tracker

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47298

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 74
This is a very common question and something I have been paying close attention to so I thought it best to make a place we can all look and add updates to. Please post updates higher than listed in this head post and I'll do my best to update it accordingly. With your update please list their backer # the date they recieve the notice (or item) and the source of report.

List of highest known backer to have received shipping notification and/or sabers per tier:
Highest known backer: 627
Kickstarter backers: Backer# (source)
$150 1x empty tier: 0627 (fb group) notice
$225 1x warrior tier: 0300 (KS comment) notice
$350 1x champ tier: 0133 (KS comment) arrived
$450 2x warrior tier: ????
$700 2x champ tier: 0171 (kS comment) notice
$1000 1x legacy tier: ????
$2500 10x mixed tier: ????

Indigogo backers
(Will update when closer to shipping)

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.
Last Edit: 4 months 6 days ago by Artair.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47300

• SuUpberSith
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 76
HUH! I would've thought they'd start on the expensive ones first. Being the people most likely to spend again? Wonder if it was just a random choice? :dry:
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by SuUpberSith.

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47391

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
I just got an email this morning from SF that my saber is almost done and will be shipping shortly (WOOT!). I have a tracking number, but it hasn't actually shipped yet. I am backer #16 on the Kickstarter and I got the Champion tier.

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47396

• Artair
  • Elite Member
Great to hear more champs are going out!! Hopefully things will speed up shortly.

2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47522

• Artair
  • Elite Member
Updated with new info

2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47586

• MolonLabe0928
  • Thank you received: 3
The lead times for the ASP are really brutal, especially if you were part of the Indie GoGo campaign. Got order confirmation on 12/4, and I'm hearing that I may not see my money's worth until closer to June/July. I knew the "February target" was too good to be true and I should've just waited till ASP was in full production and I could count on fast turn around for my order.

I'm really, really glad I only got the base level tier, because otherwise I'd be more miffed at money out of pocket with no product to show for it for months on end.
My ASP Saber - The Liberator

IndieGoGo Backer #396

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47588

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 10
Backer #627 of the$150 tier got their notice on the 14th

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1639040943022274/1678668042392897/?comment_id=1678674439058924&ref=notif¬if_t=like
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. 1 ASP single blade[Ordered]
  3. Venom standard(Wife's)

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47636

• Ramaloke
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
SuUpberSith wrote:
HUH! I would've thought they'd start on the expensive ones first. Being the people most likely to spend again? Wonder if it was just a random choice? :dry:

I would have thought so too, as a thank you for people willing to spend more to make this possible, but then again, this doesn't surprise me entirely. Lower tiers have fewer sabers, fewer parts, less customization, etc. You can make 10 lower tier customers happy in the same time as 1 top tier individual. Its uncertain if a single top tier person will spend more than 10 lower tiers in the future. I think its more practicality than anything else.

One could theorize that the new hired staff could also get experience with the simpler orders first. From all the great reviews about SF prior to the ASP launch, I am expecting some of the highest quality sabers not mass produced toys, so I would think some training and skill is involved.

The 'fairest' way, if there was one with so many orders may have been to go by Backer number. But no matter how you do it someone has to be first and someone has to be last. I am an early backer (kickstarter 111) and a high tier and I haven't heard a peep yet.

But seriously, thank you all for tracking this and the updates! This gives me a time frame and is better than a nebulous end date!

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47693

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 751
MolonLabe0928 wrote:
The lead times for the ASP are really brutal, especially if you were part of the Indie GoGo campaign. Got order confirmation on 12/4, and I'm hearing that I may not see my money's worth until closer to June/July. I knew the "February target" was too good to be true and I should've just waited till ASP was in full production and I could count on fast turn around for my order.

I'm really, really glad I only got the base level tier, because otherwise I'd be more miffed at money out of pocket with no product to show for it for months on end.

It's not easy, and most of us have been there to varying degrees. However, there are custom saber smiths out there with waiting lists that go into YEARS, and can go over $1,000 for a saber. That probably does not make it easier, but it does provide some context for the fact that it could be worse, and for this kind of thing the quality of the product is generally worth the wait. When yours does arrive, I hope you feel that way too. B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The following user(s) said Thank You: Loki_Ashaman

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47712

• kevin1097
#75 champion tier got his.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CustomLightsaberOwners/permalink/441080072755652/?comment_id=441080642755595&ref=notif¬if_t=group_comment_reply

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47795

• MolonLabe0928
  • Thank you received: 3
Brax wrote:
MolonLabe0928 wrote:

It's not easy, and most of us have been there to varying degrees. However, there are custom saber smiths out there with waiting lists that go into YEARS, and can go over $1,000 for a saber. That probably does not make it easier, but it does provide some context for the fact that it could be worse, and for this kind of thing the quality of the product is generally worth the wait. When yours does arrive, I hope you feel that way too. B)

Oh for sure, I get it. I'm just a horribly impatient person at times. I had looked at other sabers before, but the ASP called to me. I even scraped the money together to get into the IGG campaign, rather than waiting till my next check when I'd have enough to buy a fully kitted saber. I know I'll get what I paid for - eventually. Plus it doesn't help that I keep hearing concerning things around Facebook about SaberForge, that I don't really believe but it's enough to allow doubt to creep in haha.
My ASP Saber - The Liberator

IndieGoGo Backer #396

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47878

• MrSynergy
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 28
MrSynergy wrote:
I just got an email this morning from SF that my saber is almost done and will be shipping shortly (WOOT!). I have a tracking number, but it hasn't actually shipped yet. I am backer #16 on the Kickstarter and I got the Champion tier.

Should be here Monday! Expect glorious pics soon thereafter...

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47936

• kevin1097
#48, $700 tier posted on Kickstarter that they got their notice.

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47975

• Rodar
I'm number 548. still waiting on my shipping message. champ tier

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #47992

• kevin1097
On the Kickstarter page:
#95, $300 tier got tracking number
#131, $700 tier got tracking number
#205, $255 tier got tracking number

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #48002

• SilverlightPony
  • Thank you received: 18
kevin1097 wrote:
#48, $700 tier posted on Kickstarter that they got their notice.
As did #171, same tier.

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 1 week ago #48034

• Rodar
are these notices coming through kickstarter or saber forge?

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 6 days ago #48265

• Artair
  • Elite Member
Kickstarter comment section and facebook mostly. SF has not officially commented on the kickstarter rewards since feb 26th which was more of a "there going out, now look at this new shiny product" you cant buy yet post.

Also updated main post with what i could find today.

2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 4 days ago #48605

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 10
2 people with backer numbers in the 2000+ range of the $150 tier have gotten notices. Sounds like they are just about finished with that tier, hopefully means we start seeing bigger ramp up in higher tiers.
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. 1 ASP single blade[Ordered]
  3. Venom standard(Wife's)

Backer shipping tracker 4 months 4 days ago #48627

• Artair
  • Elite Member
From the sound of things a number of people in that tier have been skipped. So its likely more of a parts on hand method. If thats true this will shortly be meaningless to keep track of.

2 champ ASPs and a Bane.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Heres my thing, I just do... (7 Posts)
    • SaberForge has continued to evolve over the past few months. There was only one outfit that was...
    • Help with LED selection (5 Posts)
    • Thank you guys, very much. And Kouri too. The first time I read that LED's topic, I was new to...
    • Ares has Arrived! (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: So far, I can only see it on the Etsy Store, but it looks like there are both Crystal Reveal, and...
    • FYI... VV is actually around 24 weeks. It feels like 1.5 to 2 years though :lol: Are they giving...
    • The difference between the Jedi and the Sith Ovrc, lol. You seem to walk closer to the Jedi side of...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4387
  • Latest Member: Zai-Xen
  • Total Posts: 44.3k
  • Total Topics: 3187
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 105
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 26
  • Yesterday Answer: 64