Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Order Status and delivery date

Order Status and delivery date 3 months 2 weeks ago #48227

• GuillaumeD
Hi, I'd just like to know if there's a way to know at what point they are in the process of completing orders.

A list for instance that tells you how many persons will have theirs made before yours would have been nice honestly and some more updates on what's going on and how they're progressing with all of this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Order Status and delivery date 3 months 2 weeks ago #48234

• aljhordan2
  • Thank you received: 1
do you mean something like this?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iYI8YaSq54IhgKSYYSsb2SxNo5EKcAC0jQvBB-lCTU4/edit#gid=577335520

originally created and posted by user: gcnywaldork
or are you looking for something different ?

Order Status and delivery date 3 months 2 weeks ago #48241

• Darth Vexing
  • Elite Member
  • Some sentients aren't after anything logical. Some sentients just want to watch the galaxy burn.
  • Thank you received: 90
I once suggested an oder number based "Saberqueue" post for the main site. However, I acknowledge that unless they had a way to automate the thing it would take WAY too much of someone's (possibly more than one someone's) time to do, and I would rather they focus on production.
I am chaos in order's guise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gaelis

Order Status and delivery date 3 months 2 weeks ago #48249

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 146
Considering the hundreds of sabers that go in (orders) and out (shipped) weekly, no way to track that. Just know it's a LOT :P Hence the longer lead times. If you haven't gotten a status change email, you're in the queue.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Order Status and delivery date 3 months 2 weeks ago #48267

• GuillaumeD
The excel sheet is pretty cool. But yeah just tells me what i already know. I don't know (at all) when I'll get it.. like all of you I guess.

Would be nice if we just had more updates on when we can expect to receive them. I mean, they did say between February and March right?

I'm not really worried about it but.. damn am I looking forward to holding it ;)

Order Status and delivery date 3 months 2 weeks ago #49050

• gcnywaldork
  • "That's NOT how the force works!!!"
  • Thank you received: 47
I'm going to weigh in here as someone who deals with eCommerce / Online Retail order management for a living. Just to give you all a little background, the company that I work for specializes in online order management for personal web stores for companies like SaberForge (SaberForge is NOT one of our clients, but I'm just using them as an example) who are their own company brand who fulfill their own orders. My company also specializes in translating orders from a larger online retailer, lets say Amazon, to their third party vendors warehouses for fulfillment.

Now that I've listed my credentials, let's discuss the topic of automation. Once an order exists in a shipping facility's internal order / inventory system it is actually quite simple to automate the creation of shipping labels. Major carriers such as UPS and FedEx have specifically designed software that allows for this if a shipping facility's internal system is not built to generate it's own shipping labels via a carrier's API.

However, the part where things can get a bit gritty is being able to easily import orders from an outside source (such as Etsy, Kickstarter, and IndieGogo) efficiently. Each and every outside company has their own way of managing order information, and different rules on whether or not they will integrate best on certain industry EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) standards. Some even disregard these standards all together. My company has had retailers only able to transmit orders to a warehouse via the body of an email instead of a usable file format, but it is possible to translate that email body into a readable order at the warehouse with the right technical setup but this can be very daunting and expensive to do in house requiring the employment of a specific team just to manage that one area of the company. The main problem you run into with Kickstarter and IndieGogo is that they do not capture the customized details of each perk type at the time that the backer pledges their order. They see each perk as a single product with no variations. This is why we all received an email from Saberforge after the fact asking us to fill in a form with our custom parts lists.

I'm assuming some poor soul at SaberForge (most likely Melissa...) is then manually processing each and every one of the thousands of emails containing parts lists into some type of order format that is usable by sabersmiths and people packing each order. Because of this process, I don't see how they could have had an overview of the total number of parts with varying finishes that they needed from the very beginning, which could translate to trouble with available inventory and explain why they need to jump around in the order queue so that things end up shipping out at what seems to be a random way and making it difficult to gauge when a particular person's order will be ready if they need to manufacture / order more parts.

Of course, this is all speculation since I have not spoken to anyone directly at SaberForge about this, but it's just my two cents based on what I know about the eCommerce / Online Retail industry.

Sorry if this takes us off topic, but hope the information is useful somehow... :)
~ Ariana.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by gcnywaldork. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, GuillaumeD

Order Status and delivery date 3 months 2 weeks ago #49079

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 925
@gcnywaldork, a very precise and comprehensive explanation and demonstration of your credentials. Quite perceptive and plausible even if as speculation. Thank You. It certainly highlights with emphasis on Melissa's role (allegedly) enduring the painful task of manual cross reference.

Order Status and delivery date 3 months 1 week ago #49128

• Ramaloke
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
Yes, unfortunately there does not seem to be any 100% consistency in how they are doing it. I believe they are doing Kickstater first then Indigogo. It also seems that they are starting with lower tiers first. Not backer number.

Granted, its been a week since I have been online and I haven't combed all the forums yet today but last I heard campion level and even some legendary were going out. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I am part of the Kickstater top tier and I havent heard anything yet, so please let me know if anyone has heard anything else or if Indigogo supporters have started receiving their sabers. If so, I may need to reach out to SF personally to get some answers. I have avoided this up til now as I am sure they get flooded with many anxiously waiting supporters each week.

Order Status and delivery date 3 months 1 week ago #49129

• Ramaloke
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
Darth Vexing wrote:
I once suggested an oder number based "Saberqueue" post for the main site. However, I acknowledge that unless they had a way to automate the thing it would take WAY too much of someone's (possibly more than one someone's) time to do, and I would rather they focus on production.

I don't know about WAY too much time, as a simple status board would probably take a couple hours. Thanks again gcnywaldork for the excel sheet! And she did it in her spare time working backwards through Indigogo posts.

Even if they grouped people together like 'Kickstarter $500-1000 supporters complete and being shipped' and 'Indigogo supporters $0-500 being built now - goal complete in 2 weeks' would be helpful.

We are undergoing a mult-imillion dollar hospital renovation effecting thousands of people and we send out weekly updates and an expected timeline thru December of this year.

Just my 2 cents.

Order Status and delivery date 3 months 1 week ago #49856

• GuillaumeD
Yeah you do speak sense waldork..

If I was them I would have hired a junior programmer to go through emails and extract info using the email + part info then create a DB using that maybe with MySQL. Pretty simple.

Anyways, let's just be patient.

Order Status and delivery date 2 months 3 weeks ago #51802

• GuillaumeD
The ‘Adaptive Saber Parts -Build your dream saber today’ team just posted:

1 new Announcement:

ASP PROGRESS REPORT AND SPECIAL REWARDS FOR PRE ORDERS

Our shop is currently completing 300 ASP Pre Order sabers per week, our customs shop is averaging 1 legacy saber per day, and our numbers are rising. We are more than 2/3rds completed with our Kickstarter pre order builds, and we will be starting on Indiogogo pre orders this month.

We are planning to have all of our Pre Orders shipped by the end of April and will be launching ASP to the general public as soon as they are completed.

As a special thanks to all of the Pre Order backers who made this dream possible we will be sending you a coupon code for the new ASP website when it launches. This is our way of saying thank you for your patience and support that allowed us to create the worlds largest and most dynamic custom saber system.

Thank you all and may the Forge be with you!

Reply directly to this email to respond to the campaign owner, Phillip Isherwood. Visit the campaign page to view all comments and updates for this project.

Help spread the word about the campaign!

Yeah, received this email. Thanks Saber Forge for the update! :cheer: *thumbs up*
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• 4 legged SW fans (3 Posts)
    • That dog would be in the lead or eating something. lol
    • Saberforge Day Blades (52 Posts)
    • Made a much better comparison video with the flicker off and no lights. ...
    • Saber Forge Katana Champi... (17 Posts)
    • I also posted a review of the V4 Infinity Edge Blades. I'm not sure where to put this, so, I figured...
    • Something.... NEW! (760 Posts)
    • This is not a Wait Begins. I am convinced it is Something New. Today marks a very special...
    • Custom Fury (6 Posts)
    • MaceWindex, that is exceptional work you have done and in downtime and when bored also. Can you...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4353
  • Latest Member: Oro
  • Total Posts: 43.4k
  • Total Topics: 3153
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 31
  • Yesterday Answer: 88