Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: LED's in the ASP sabers

LED's in the ASP sabers 4 months 2 weeks ago #48237

• ZakP
  • Thank you received: 2
So i ordered my ASP saber a while back and i ordered it with a blue 12W+ LED, as the 12W+ are the only ones available. I then bought a green 12W (not plus) from the saber forge store so I could easily change colors with quick disconnects. Well i got to thinking today, and it occurred to me that because my green LED is not 12W+, there may be a problem, maybe like something to do with the 12W one not being able to fit in the hilt or handle the battery for the 12W+. Does anyone know if there will be a problem with switching between the plus and regular LED's? Thanks so much
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LED's in the ASP sabers 4 months 2 weeks ago #48264

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 762
Others more learned than myself in such matters can confirm, or deny...but I don't believe there should be any problems as the voltage coming from the sound card to the LED is the same.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

LED's in the ASP sabers 4 months 1 week ago #48962

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 122
Yeah I tend to think there wont be any problems on that side. BUT, if you want to be sure, I would suggest you to write to SaberForge using this email address: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Ask them, you've got nothing to lose.
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

LED's in the ASP sabers 4 months 1 week ago #48968

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 358
All LEDs, 6W, 6W+, 12W, and 12W+ use the same 1" heatsink and are resistored to handle the same 3.6-4.5v battery input.

As long as the quick-connects are compatible (and I can't imagine there being a sudden change), you'll have no issue swapping.

Just don't waste your time trying to run a 12W/+ on a 3xAAA battery pack. They won't put out enough current to fully light the LEDs.
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Kouri.

LED's in the ASP sabers 4 months 1 week ago #49006

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 122
Kouri wrote:
All LEDs, 6W, 6W+, 12W, and 12W+ use the same 1" heatsink and are resistored to handle the same 3.6-4.5v battery input.

As long as the quick-connects are compatible (and I can't imagine there being a sudden change), you'll have no issue swapping.

Just don't waste your time trying to run a 12W/+ on a 3xAAA battery pack. They won't put out enough current to fully light the LEDs.

Thanks Kouri for that info. I knew a builder was gonna show up with the answer!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Hot August Knights Sale (14 Posts)
    • I feel so silly...I always wanted the new Phoenix stand and a couple of blade plugs and kill keys to...
    • Hot August Knights Sale (14 Posts)
    • Eddlyss64 sorry for my morning rant. I was just feeling low, and seeing the new sale kinda rubbed me...
    • ASP Graflex, Ep4 screen v... (8 Posts)
    • I am really liking the concept of modular hilts. The whole plug and play really makes this hobby...
    • ASP review - Vengence (6 Posts)
    • Okay, now that my Graflex has came in I was able to switch the body to the rightful hilt. The...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4408
  • Latest Member: holy assassin
  • Total Posts: 44.6k
  • Total Topics: 3223
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 69