Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Just wondering

Just wondering 2 months 3 weeks ago #49355

• wolfn92
  • Thank you received: 2
Greetings,

I know you folks at ASP are busy trying to get everything going and out to those waiting. But is there some way just to get an update from you folks. I mean it's not hard to put up a message giving us some idea of what is going on, many of us having been waiting calmly for the ASP. And will still wait. Just like to know something. Thanks. Looking forward to ASP working.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Just wondering 2 months 3 weeks ago #49395

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 71
Man, here we go again. It's tough to say because the members here aren't employees. The only way you can get for sure LEGIT news is if you hear it from an employee or a SF rep. Before, you'd have Knytiri (who was an employee) pop up once in awhile to answer these questions, but things have changed recently and he's no longer around, unfortunately. I'm just as curious as you are bro but this has been asked several times in the past. If you look you can probably find the topic regarding this question somewhere in the forum. Good luck!
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

Just wondering 2 months 3 weeks ago #49397

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 299
I know you folks at ASP are busy trying to get everything going and out to those waiting. But is there some way just to get an update from you folks. I mean it's not hard to put up a message giving us some idea of what is going on, many of us having been waiting calmly for the ASP.
As of right now there are no SF employees officially in charge of this forum who are listening or capable of response. There's just Brax, Aletani, and I (all of us are volunteers/non-SF employees) currently doing behind the scenes moderating stuff and have no insight into SF's ASP status. You can email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to fish for info if you like.
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by h2soy.

Just wondering 2 months 3 weeks ago #49403

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 679
h2soy wrote:
I know you folks at ASP are busy trying to get everything going and out to those waiting. But is there some way just to get an update from you folks. I mean it's not hard to put up a message giving us some idea of what is going on, many of us having been waiting calmly for the ASP.
As of right now there are no SF employees officially in charge of this forum who are listening or capable of response. There's just Brax, Aletani, and I (all of us are volunteers/non-SF employees) currently doing behind the scenes moderating stuff and have no insight into SF's ASP status. You can email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to fish for info if you like.

'Tis true. *sigh*

No official word is passed to us prior to it becoming common knowledge. Case in point...the recent price increases.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Just wondering 2 months 3 weeks ago #49405

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 168
Brax wrote:
h2soy wrote:

'Tis true. *sigh*

No official word is passed to us prior to it becoming common knowledge. Case in point...the recent price increases.

And the edition of four formerly Etsy limited sabers on the mainsite. I'm pretty sure that that is enough to tell you that change is nigh.

Oracle, Fury, Avenger, Bane, Katana

Just wondering 2 months 2 weeks ago #49577

• SublimeDelusions
  • Thank you received: 1
Well, I'm new here and basically signed up because I just heard about the ASP stuff not too long ago. I'm highly interested in ordering one, but I'm going to be honest, I'm a bit on the skeptical side of when it might become available to the public at this point.

They seem to be pushing for shorter lead and production times, which is great, but it still seems like they are having issues with even shipping the things to the backers (i.e. missing parts or damaged parts). Someone had said in another thread that it seemed like they may have them in February for the public, but that was just for the backers. I'm starting to think that the site won't open to the public for anything until May at the earliest and then I'm guessing those may or may not ship until September-ish (Someone please tell me that I'm wrong and that's an over-estimate though)....

While I really want to order a few of these and don't want to go with the competition because of some bad reviews, I'm trying to stay hopeful for when it will be available, I'm finding the constant teases of "hey, look at this awesome design that will totally be available in one of the updates" far more annoying that anything that could increase my anticipation at the moment. I don't want to make it seem like this is just a gripe post though. I've been looking over this site for several years in wanting to order a saber, but none of the ready-made designs ever hit me as something I wanted to spend that much on. Seeing all of the amazing things that these guys do is great, but it just makes the wait for the ability to actually purchase one really annoying.

So yeah, I partially blame myself for not finding out about this sooner in the kickstarter phase.

On a better note, does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can see some pictures of the actual parts on some physical sabers to get an idea of the scale and actual appearance of the ones in the digital previews so i can figure out for sure what parts I want to try and get an order in ASAP when ASP opens? I figure maybe that will help me get over that annoying part.

Just wondering 2 months 2 weeks ago #49666

• Brax
  • Administrator
While the ASP availability to the public is running behind initial estimates, the idea was, and remains to facilitate all KickStarter orders, then all of the IndeGoGo orders. ASP is anticipated to go live for the public after that. When it goes live, the idea is for the wait times to be much shorter. Before kicking things off, they will have in stock many of each part so that they can get the out the door quickly. The only thing is, we don't know how far through the lists they are, so there is no way to extrapolate when all of this might happen. There have been some issues, and they are working on them, as they always do. It is going to take a little more faith on our part than is usually necessary, but I feel that if you are able to see your way clear to doing that, it won't be misplaced.

That is, of course, my take on things. It is not "official", so you may take it all with a huge grain of salt. However, despite the hiccups, my faith is not shaken.

Just wondering 2 months 2 weeks ago #49715

• Ramaloke
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 33
h2soy wrote:

We all appreciate Brax, Aletani, and h2soy's help and input on this! It's definitely a hard position to be in but without direct SF input it's a bit of a waiting game. If you hear something, please share it with the forum. I plan to do the same. Thanks!

Just wondering 2 months 2 weeks ago #49718

• SublimeDelusions
  • Thank you received: 1
Brax wrote:
While the ASP availability to the public is running behind initial estimates, the idea was, and remains to facilitate all KickStarter orders, then all of the IndeGoGo orders. ASP is anticipated to go live for the public after that. When it goes live, the idea is for the wait times to be much shorter. Before kicking things off, they will have in stock many of each part so that they can get the out the door quickly. The only thing is, we don't know how far through the lists they are, so there is no way to extrapolate when all of this might happen. There have been some issues, and they are working on them, as they always do. It is going to take a little more faith on our part than is usually necessary, but I feel that if you are able to see your way clear to doing that, it won't be misplaced.

That is, of course, my take on things. It is not "official", so you may take it all with a huge grain of salt. However, despite the hiccups, my faith is not shaken.

No problem on the wait thing really, just chomping at the bit waiting to give them my cash is all. While I may be anxious to get a couple orders in, I'll be one of the first to admit that I'm extremely indecisive (probably why it has taken me the better part of a decade to actually pick up a saber), so the extra time before it goes live should give me plenty of time to play around with the software and figure out what I want to try and order.

Just wondering 2 months 2 weeks ago #49723

• MolonLabe0928
  • Thank you received: 3
I e-mailed the sales folks a while back and got the boiler plate response of "Your order is in queue and delivery updates will happen when the parts are available". So, there's that.

I think what we all have to realize, especially us IndieGoGo backers, is that SF woefully underestimated the amount of response they'd get, as well as the logistics needed to cover those orders in a timely manner per their targets on the campaigns themselves.

We also have to rest assured the SF is required to do one of two things: Provide us with the promised product, or refund our money in full. So, I'm trying to be patient, but I definitely feel the need for some official communication from the team at SF. Even just a "Hey, here's our updated timeline". I don't care if it says my saber won't be here until Christmas of 2016 - ok, that's a lie, I would care because a full year's lead time would be unacceptable by any standard, haha - but at least knowing is better than this current limbo. I've been through way too many Kickstarters that have ended with a "thanks for the memories, here's your backing funds back" to not be worried at this juncture.
My ASP Saber - The Liberator

IndieGoGo Backer #396

Just wondering 2 months 2 weeks ago #49759

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 83
Unlike most failed KS, SF is putting product in people's hands - hell, I'm seeing people talk about getting their ASP sabers / parts on facebook just about every day.

I strongly doubt they're gonna fold up at this point - but I absolutely understand the frustration and wishing you had more visibility.

Just wondering 2 months 2 weeks ago #49764

• wolfn92
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for the info. I have no problem waiting for it to start. Was just wondering if there could be updates. If one of you guys want to remove this post by all means.

Just wondering 2 months 2 weeks ago #49766

• Brax
  • Administrator
Nothing wrong with asking for more information. I certainly won't delete a post just for that. However, you just have to know that h2soy and I are (at the present time) the only mods who actively monitor the forum on a daily basis, and neither one of us has any official relationship with SaberForge. So, there is not much we can do to satisfy a request like that.

I anticipate that, at some point in the near future, there will be a SF employee acting as Admin. Then we can expect official action taken on requests like this, even if the answer is "Sorry, there is no information to share at this time". It might not be as satisfying as one indicating that information will be more forthcoming, but you will at least have information straight from the source. B)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Preliminary ASP Component... (35 Posts)
    • Quote: To be fair, the Avenger pommel does look pretty nice, and distinctive. I almost went for it on one...
    • Dark Reliant (17 Posts)
    • Can someone explain the Reliant to me? It's on the box art for TFU2, but never in the game. Is it...
    • Wait Begins! 3.0 (1934 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Just a little off topic but just wondering how do you get a gif or some kind of picture on your...
    • Preliminary ASP Component... (35 Posts)
    • My worry is that the grenade type sections and graflex parts will go out next. I'm an IGG backer...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4296
  • Latest Member: Saberfan57
  • Total Posts: 44.5k
  • Total Topics: 3241
  • Total Sections: 20
  • Total Categories: 102
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 12
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 126