Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Shrouds and chassis

ASP Shrouds and chassis 2 months 2 weeks ago #49912

• Saro
  • Thank you received: 1
So, we know they will introduce crystal chambers to ASP. What do you all think about bringing shrouds and internal chassis into the ASP line? Are you guys interested in that idea? Personally if they started to offer those two, ASP wouldn't have anything I'd be left wanting except variety.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP Shrouds and chassis 2 months 2 weeks ago #49918

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 300
Don't see either happening. ASP is all about modular plug-and-play parts. Hilt components vary in detail a bit much to accept a common shroud design, and mounting holes would be an issue.

Not much use in a chassis either. As far as I can tell, there's a battery/speaker mount already in use with space for ASP SaberCore sound. Recharge ports will be easy enough to use with the second switch slot if ASP Spark doesn't become a thing.

I mean, they'd be neat things, but outside of ASP's goal. Going to have to rely on third party designers and 3D printing services.

ASP Shrouds and chassis 2 months 2 weeks ago #49924

• Saro
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for your opinion.

I wasn't really asking about feasibility, just interest. I think that the combination of shrouds makes for the same sort of build-to-your-own-style mission as ASP has to begin with. Plus a lot of people seem to really like internal chassis reveals that look nice and lore friendly, again something I think ASP could bring to the table. I'm hesitant to buy into a no-culture response because I feel there are a lot of really smart problem solvers in this hobby.

In any case, I thought it was a neat idea and wanted to see what others thought. I think if they don't eventually add it, I'll probably do it myself since I know Solid Works and have access to a 3d printer.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by Saro. Reason: ease of reading
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Preliminary ASP Component... (35 Posts)
    • Quote: To be fair, the Avenger pommel does look pretty nice, and distinctive. I almost went for it on one...
    • Dark Reliant (17 Posts)
    • Can someone explain the Reliant to me? It's on the box art for TFU2, but never in the game. Is it...
    • Wait Begins! 3.0 (1934 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Just a little off topic but just wondering how do you get a gif or some kind of picture on your...
    • Preliminary ASP Component... (35 Posts)
    • My worry is that the grenade type sections and graflex parts will go out next. I'm an IGG backer...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4296
  • Latest Member: Saberfan57
  • Total Posts: 44.5k
  • Total Topics: 3241
  • Total Sections: 20
  • Total Categories: 102
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 12
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 126