Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Any1 get an ASP graflex yet?

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51542

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
I'm going to be able to justify buying myself a graflex for my wife to use in her Rey halloween costume, and trying to decide between the VV version or the ASP. Just wanted to see if any has received an ASP graflex and would be willing to share some pics? Only so much you can determine from the renderings...
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Salacious B Crumb.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51620

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 140
I can determine already from the renders that the ASP Graflex is the ANH version, which isn't really your best choice in a Graflex for a Rey costume if you're a stickler for accuracy.
I know someone recieved a Graflex emitter, but I don't know if anyone's gotten the whole kit yet.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51636

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 460
SBC are you a "Fan-Boy" and want as close to screen accurate? The VV flex TFA seems to have a little more Emitter detail, but I don't like the Grip section on either Model. Price seems similar so aesthetics and electronics are the deal maker. Have you considered using the Vengeance body?

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51644

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 483
In one of the first ASP unboxings (which I think the owner ended up deleting from YouTube) the owner had the the ANH ASP graflex clamp switch piece, and I have to say I wasn't a fan of it. The lever is a cast piece of metal that doesn't move, and the card they used instead of a bubble strip didn't look very good. Hopefully the card the use for the ESB/TFA version will look a little nicer.

If you are a stickler for accuracy, I'd go for the VV TFA (it's the same exact same hilt as my graflex from Korbanth that Parks and TCSS also sell, but with the 1" blade holder and you don't get all the extra pieces to make the other movie versions).
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51693

• nUcLeArEnVoY
  • Thank you received: 23
Jaden Korr wrote:
In one of the first ASP unboxings (which I think the owner ended up deleting from YouTube) the owner had the the ANH ASP graflex clamp switch piece, and I have to say I wasn't a fan of it. The lever is a cast piece of metal that doesn't move, and the card they used instead of a bubble strip didn't look very good. Hopefully the card the use for the ESB/TFA version will look a little nicer.

If you are a stickler for accuracy, I'd go for the VV TFA (it's the same exact same hilt as my graflex from Korbanth that Parks and TCSS also sell, but with the 1" blade holder and you don't get all the extra pieces to make the other movie versions).

The question is, when will those ever be available again? Every limited run that VV does of their Flex sabers sells out so quick that I'm usually too late for the party. I would really like to get my friend their ANH Flex.

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51714

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
I've heard through the grapevine that there's a VV flex run hitting the store later this month, and being that they go so fast is why I'm trying to figure this out now...

I honestly don't care if the hilt is TFA accurate for my wife's costume (I promise she won't know the difference), and would probably more want an ESB version for myself since that one actually involved in an actual iconic duel in the movie and not just toying around with a training remote like the ANH version.

Also not overly concerned about screen accuracy... I'd prefer something better made for actual use that greatly resembles the on screen version than something perfect to the screen version that doesn't handle use well.

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51716

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
You also can't go wrong with a Graflex 2.0, you got all the versions and they are the most accurate that I've seen. Hell, I have one but I need it to get an install.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51784

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 122
Deanna and Alan from VV said they MIGHT do another run in a couple of weeks, dependings on if they can get a few more hilts from Korbanth/Parks. If they do, it will be very small (The run), so it won't be long before they sell out. Keep an eye out if you want a TFA Version.

The first run sold out in 2 hours. I'm very lucky I managed to grab a TFA version O.o!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51794

• nUcLeArEnVoY
Darth-Revan wrote:
Deanna and Alan from VV said they MIGHT do another run in a couple of weeks, dependings on if they can get a few more hilts from Korbanth/Parks. If they do, it will be very small (The run), so it won't be long before they sell out. Keep an eye out if you want a TFA Version.

The first run sold out in 2 hours. I'm very lucky I managed to grab a TFA version O.o!

Is there a medium through which you can get instant updates as to when they'll be available? Lucky for me, it seems the ANH version seems to be the least popular, but the main reason I want it is for my friend who likes it the most since it's the first ever lightsaber featured in Star Wars.

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51838

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 417
Graflex 2.0 kits (sold standalone through Korbanth, Parks Sabers, and TCSS; and used by VV for their Flex sabers) were all sold out early this year. Chinese New Year put a hold on restocks.

Expected arrival of the next wave was initially April, but it looks like things have been delayed to the first week of May. Still, in case things pop up early, keep tabs on your preferred venue.

Facebook's the best channel for inventory updates on both TCSS and Vader's Vault. Korbanth keeps his threads updated over at FX-Sabers. Not a lot of communication from Parks, but there's still the option to pre-order from there now.

I used a Chrome plugin called "Page Monitor" to keep tabs on the Hasbro Toy Shop when I was trying to score a Force FX Kylo Ren earlier this year. It refreshes the page every hour or so and alerts you when the a change is made. I used it to keep track of the "out of stock" line, expecting it to change to "in stock". And now I've got my saber. I imagine the same plugin would work on the Vader's Vault page to find out when the Flex sabers are back in stock.

Crumb, as far as VV's offerings go, the only difference between the ESB and TFA sabers is the blade retention thumbscrew. On ESB, it's a Graflex Button. On TFA, it's a Graflex Glass Eye. If you ever want to tinker with the ESB hilt some, there are a few other mods you can do to make it more accurate, like removing the "beer-tab" on the functioning Graflex button and swapping in a more-accurate edge connector.

If ASP becomes available before VV restocks, I'm expecting ESB Graflex parts to be available in the first parts update. For those wanting a TFA Graflex through ASP, the closest approximation will be:

ANH Graflex Emitter
ESB Graflex Switch
ESB Graflex Body
ESB Graflex Pommel
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Kouri.

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51849

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 90
Just a note - Shameem, our patron saint of video reviews, has an ASP Graflex (or as I dubbed it while talking to him, the 'SFlex') on the way. I'd expect to see a thorough review and evaluation from him!

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51859

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
nUcLeArEnVoY wrote:
Darth-Revan wrote:

Is there a medium through which you can get instant updates as to when they'll be available? Lucky for me, it seems the ANH version seems to be the least popular, but the main reason I want it is for my friend who likes it the most since it's the first ever lightsaber featured in Star Wars.

Sadly no. VV will post on their Facebook page a few days before the run. Keep an eye out if you want one!

- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51863

• nUcLeArEnVoY
Darth-Revan wrote:
nUcLeArEnVoY wrote:
Darth-Revan wrote:

Sadly no. VV will post on their Facebook page a few days before the run. Keep an eye out if you want one!

Way ahead of ya'. Already got VV liked on FB. Hopefully that will be enough. As easy as it would be to just get a Graflex 2.0 kit and get the electronics done elsewhere, it'll end up costing more than a VV Flex. It really is amazing how much of a deal the Flex sabers are when you consider what it'd cost to add FX electronics yourself or to get somebody else such as Shameem to do it, but I'm pretty sure he is halting his services at this time.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by nUcLeArEnVoY.

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #51919

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
Any VV sabers are worth the price. Their electronics are amazing, and well, the hilts are quality hilts. The Flex wasn't made by them, but the electronics they put inside is theirs. Amazing combo if you want my opinion!

MAN I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY SABER. It is, of all time, the saber I'm the most excited about.

- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #52333

• RichellM
  • Premium Member
=Ottomatix= wrote:
SBC are you a "Fan-Boy" and want as close to screen accurate? The VV flex TFA seems to have a little more Emitter detail, but I don't like the Grip section on either Model. Price seems similar so aesthetics and electronics are the deal maker. Have you considered using the Vengeance body?

How about a Sorcerer Body in Black.

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #52357

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 90
Here's that video review from Shameem:

Honestly, looks pretty good - like he says in the video, it's not 100% perfect accuracy, but that wasn't the point, anyway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot, Eddlyss64, RyanRising

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #52361

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 369
Honestly, looks pretty good - like he says in the video, it's not 100% perfect accuracy, but that wasn't the point, anyway.
The only elements that are "meh" are the glass eye and the bubble control box. The glass eye is replaceable with a replica part from TCSS. The control box is a bit harder to replace/modify.

I'll probably pick one up once the ESB switch is released (this in the ANH ver.) so I can Frankenstein a TFA graflex together.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #52362

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 183
Yeah, Shameem's Graflex looks pretty good to me. As my dad would say, "good enough for the girls I go out with!" (Before anyone gets on my case or blows this outta context, it's just an expression, my parents are happily married).

I really hope that Saberforge hurries up and releases the Legacy (Graflex). If not, though, I'd be happy with an ASP version.

Oracle, Fury, Avenger, Bane, Katana

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #52363

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 369
I really hope that Saberforge hurries up and releases the Legacy (Graflex). If not, though, I'd be happy with an ASP version.
The Legacy 1.0 is the model name for the ASP ANH graflex. The Legacy 2.0 is the ESB ASP graflex. They don't have a straight build planned (to my knowledge).

Any1 get an ASP graflex yet? 4 months 3 weeks ago #52364

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 471
Are any other graflex models made with aluminum grips like that? I kind of expected them to be plastic; aluminum was a surprise. But I love that emitter, and am looking forward to getting one for my ASPs. Fingers crossed that the parts turn out right.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• [SOLD] Avenger (2nd ed, C... (5 Posts)
    • SOLD! [image]...
    • [SOLD] Avenger (2nd ed, C... (5 Posts)
    • Saber is now ON HOLD pending PayPal verification!

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4498
  • Latest Member: ChrisGilbert
  • Total Posts: 46.7k
  • Total Topics: 3413
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 109
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 52