Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 4 months 1 day ago #56483

• ematt622
Hey guys, I'm really new at custom saber buying and I had a couple of questions. I tried to use TCSS MHS builder to make my own custom saber, but most of their parts are out of stock. I built one in the Saber Parts builder, but I have no idea how much it would cost to purchase. Does anyone know how I can figure that out? Here's the parts list:

Adaptive Saber Parts
http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.131.1.0-3.78.1.0-2.53.1.0-1.39.1.0

Parts
ASP . Katana Pommel . Standard
ASP . Body 2 . Standard
ASP . Switch 9 . Standard
ASP . Resilient Emitter . Standard

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 4 months 1 day ago #56508

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 485
ematt622 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm really new at custom saber buying and I had a couple of questions. I tried to use TCSS MHS builder to make my own custom saber, but most of their parts are out of stock. I built one in the Saber Parts builder, but I have no idea how much it would cost to purchase. Does anyone know how I can figure that out? Here's the parts list:

Adaptive Saber Parts
http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.131.1.0-3.78.1.0-2.53.1.0-1.39.1.0

Parts
ASP . Katana Pommel . Standard
ASP . Body 2 . Standard
ASP . Switch 9 . Standard
ASP . Resilient Emitter . Standard

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

We'll know when ASP launches to the public.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: ematt622

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 4 months 1 day ago #56511

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 483
My recommendation would be to plan on an empty hilt costing at least $150, like the Elite hilts SF already has.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ematt622

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 4 months 1 day ago #56514

• wolfn92
  • Thank you received: 7
I can't see them being more, the fact on the KS video says they were doing the KS to lower the cost. Not raise it.

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 4 months 1 day ago #56515

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
wolfn92 wrote:
I can't see them being more, the fact on the KS video says they were doing the KS to lower the cost. Not raise it.

The Kickstarter kept the cost lower by allowing them to place a much larger initial order with the machine shop they partner with overseas (like what Korbanth does). Essentially ordering in bulk=lower cost per part.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 4 months 1 day ago #56545

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 75
At the KS ASP states:
Empty hilt package $275 (discounted to $150 for KS)
Hilt with light (no sound) package $325 (discounted to $255 for KS)
Hilt with light and sound package $450 (discounted to $350 for KS)
All Packages also contain a belt clip, stand and 3 prints.

Also extra ASP bane electronics to finish out the stretch reward were $75 for warrior (light only) and $160 for champ (light and sound)

So with around $275 -$10 for the belt clip and -$15 for the stand you are looking at around $250 ish for an empty hilt.
Something close to $60 per piece (some more some less, not counting any cost for the prints)

Granted all of this may have changed these are just the original pledge amounts from Kickstarter and even main site prices have gone up since then.

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 4 months 23 hours ago #56553

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 483
$250 per empty is a lot less attractive than I was hoping. It seems strange that an empty would be so much more expensive than an elite initiate, while a sound package is just $50 more than a champion. Better start looking really closely at what hilts I'm considering.

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 4 months 21 hours ago #56558

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
I think a lot of it is going to depend on the pieces you choose. $250 does seem a bit high, especially with a lot of the pieces (seemingly) not being any different than ones used in prebuilt ones off the main site.

I haven't been to the Kickstarter page, but the IndieGoGo had its tiers worded as "an $X value, yours for $Y!", so those prices may have been normal "high MSRP that gets cut to seem like a deal" business tactics.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borommakot

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 4 months 11 hours ago #56611

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 37
Given that I have to get these shipped to the Great White North, I'm hoping prices are lower than the store ones now as currently the conversion rates are murder. Just gotta wait and see how things turn out.

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 4 months 11 hours ago #56612

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 14
Jaden Korr wrote:
I think a lot of it is going to depend on the pieces you choose. $250 does seem a bit high, especially with a lot of the pieces (seemingly) not being any different than ones used in prebuilt ones off the main site.

I haven't been to the Kickstarter page, but the IndieGoGo had its tiers worded as "an $X value, yours for $Y!", so those prices may have been normal "high MSRP that gets cut to seem like a deal" business tactics.

Yes it's exactly this. Here's a quote from the KS page:
ASP Custom Saber with Sound Effects and LED Blade

From our wide selection of Adaptive Saber Parts you get to chose an emitter, pommel, body, and switch section to build your very own custom designed saber.

You also get a high quality dueling blade, blade plug, and a plug and play champion electronics kit with motion detecting soundboard, 12w LED, battery w/ holder, charger, and a metal switch.

Finally you get all three 11x17 SaberForge cosplay prints, a saber belt clip, and a gorgeous saber stand, a $450.00 value for a pledge of just $350

I always took it as the actual saber costs roughly around $350 but the extras like the belt clip, the stand, the cosplay prints, plus mark up magic is where the extra $100 comes from.
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. 1 ASP single blade[Ordered]
  3. Venom standard(Wife's)
Last Edit: 4 months 11 hours ago by Broll.

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 4 months 11 hours ago #56614

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Maybe the $250 price was just a stepping stone. Prices could be different once the new site is up. I imagine the Juggernaut emitter will be pretty pricey. My guess is price depends on the piece you get, the less complex the cheaper.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 3 months 4 weeks ago #56690

• Realrebelus
  • Thank you received: 3
wolfn92 wrote:

That's kind of funny because they have stated they will be raising prices, they already raised the apprentice saber prices.

Saber Parts Custom Hilt Price 3 months 4 weeks ago #56696

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
Realrebelus wrote:
wolfn92 wrote:

That's kind of funny because they have stated they will be raising prices, they already raised the apprentice saber prices.

The above statement (by SF) was made almost a year ago, before they received 10x the pledges they expected and the Episode VII saber rush, thus had to expand.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
Last Edit: 3 months 4 weeks ago by Jaden Korr. Reason: Extra
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• LED Color Combos (26 Posts)
    • Quote: I'm using a custom GGBW LED in my curved ASP. NBv3 board, so the white is FoC. LED mix would be...
    • Giftcards (1 Posts)
    • Hi, I got a gift card for ordering a saber and it doesnt seem to be useable on the ASP site. anyone...
    • Fall Sale! (7 Posts)
    • Yep

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4526
  • Latest Member: Dufonce
  • Total Posts: 47.4k
  • Total Topics: 3490
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 3