Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where to buy Timing Shims?

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 5 months ago #58012

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
I'm a big fan of the scalloped emitters too. Since most of the black has been blended into the weathering with the fury switch section being fully weathered. I also looked at what it would cost to machine the black grips on the vengeance emitter out of brass the material will be a little expensive. Given the thickness of shims they mentioned above I'll probably make mine. I need 0.5mm (.020") between the emitter and switch. Then 0.25mm (.010") between the switch and body. I'll add a 0.25mm (.010") at the pommel. I think with some gun blue I can get a good weathered look on brass.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 5 months ago #58017

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 535
I like all of you ideas. Looking forward to the finished product.

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 5 months ago #58025

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 75
jonnys95s10 wrote:
I'm a big fan of the scalloped emitters too. Since most of the black has been blended into the weathering with the fury switch section being fully weathered. I also looked at what it would cost to machine the black grips on the vengeance emitter out of brass the material will be a little expensive. Given the thickness of shims they mentioned above I'll probably make mine. I need 0.5mm (.020") between the emitter and switch. Then 0.25mm (.010") between the switch and body. I'll add a 0.25mm (.010") at the pommel. I think with some gun blue I can get a good weathered look on brass.

If this works out I know I might be interested in some depending on how things line up on my sabers when I get them. There may be a market for them with a bit of a markup especially if SF isn't supplying enough for ASP peps

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonnys95s10

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 5 months ago #58422

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 693
Just confirmed that TCSS Clocking Washer Style 2 (the small ones) *will* fit over ASP threads, so if you don't mind them not being flush with the OD of your hilt, they're a stackable solution.

Style 1 (the big ones) also fit, but since they don't hug the threads, they have a tendency to wobbly around before the hilt is tightened, which prevents stacking.

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 5 months ago #58423

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
Artair wrote:
jonnys95s10 wrote:

If this works out I know I might be interested in some depending on how things line up on my sabers when I get them. There may be a market for them with a bit of a markup especially if SF isn't supplying enough for ASP peps

If I had access and knowledge to run the equipment in the machine shop myself I might think about it. As us I'm just giving the guy that runs it some prints since my emails to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. have gone unanswered for a week. From what I measured I'm going with the ones below to get mine assembled.

Updated just got a response from Melissa. Sounds like they will send shims when available and I think they are running low on the extras to the sabers. Didn't get a response on the missing prints but wasn't that concerned with them.

Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by jonnys95s10.

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 5 months ago #58473

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 535
jonnys95s10 I heard back from CS. They do have shims available, have you sent a new email. I would recommend sending another email to request them. You mentioned you hadn't got a response in a week. Create a new drafted email specific to your request instead of drafting off a previous message. Just thought I'd mention, but it seems you are in the process of fabrication at work. Good luck looking forward to your success.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonnys95s10

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 5 months ago #58485

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
Thanks Ottomatix

I edited my post I got replies to my emails about 15 minutes after posting. I guess that's the way it goes sometimes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 5 months ago #59380

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 22
I never did manage to find something comparable at a store. A friend happened to have a rubber O ring that was very close to the same size. I had to stretch it a bit to fit over the threads tighten it into the rubber a bit to get it to line up, but it seems to do the job.

I still hope that when the shop opens they provide the ability to buy these shims because I still haven't found a reliable place to get more...
Sabers owned:
  1. Non-SF Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. Kickstarter ASP (Champion)
  3. Venom (Champion) [Wife's]
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 5 months ago #59477

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 693
Just got my missing shims in the mail. Roughly 1 1/4" ID, 1 3/8" OD. Varying thicknesses (I thought one was bent in the mail - turns out it's just so thin it flops around).

If you can't wait for the ASP store to stock them, TCSS MHS v1 Size 2 shims are also confirmed to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, =Ottomatix=

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 3 months ago #64140

• Solinbeb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 16
It seems that the shims are availible as a pack on www.shopsaberparts.com for $14.99

I kinda wish I'd have gotten some with my Kickstarter ASP, but that's the one thing that never showed up, even after listing it with the other missing pieces.

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 3 months ago #64144

• lostinperiphery
For what its worth, my saber required a full 3/4 of a turn before it was timed correctly, and instead of using shims, I used 150 grit sandpaper on a horizonatal flat surface, and ran the 'female' part back and forth, rotating as I went to be sure it removed material evenly, and about 20 minutes later had it timed perfectly.

Where to buy Timing Shims? 1 year 3 months ago #64244

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
lostinperiphery wrote:
For what its worth, my saber required a full 3/4 of a turn before it was timed correctly, and instead of using shims, I used 150 grit sandpaper on a horizonatal flat surface, and ran the 'female' part back and forth, rotating as I went to be sure it removed material evenly, and about 20 minutes later had it timed perfectly.

This is good to know. I ran into the same thing and wondered how many folks are running into a situation where a 3/4 clocking is needed. For mine, I have a dark ring where you can see the gap with the shims in which is unfortunate.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (8 Posts)
    • hard to say if it’s Old Republic era... considering they wholesale wipes it all, claiming it’s...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • Your poll seems to be broken. It's just showing me results. As for the black and chrome Bane, I'd...
    • Episode IX may indeed end the Skywalker saga. Because, remember, Kylo Ren is a Skywalker. He's...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • So Brax just leaked a sneak peak at his new amazing chromed Bane Mk2, inscribed with the sith creed:...
    • Quote: It's gotta be Old Republic for Sith and Jedi mass combat. The Skywalker saga is worn out. Maybe even...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5120
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 24