Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12329

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 344
Here's the dealio. Right now the ASP Kickstarter is sitting at 113 backers with 38 days to go and we're at 37% of the goal. Which. Is. Stupid. Good. For. A. Kickstarter.

That said, we can do BETTER. Here's what we can do:

1. Take a minute to tip off your favorite bloggers/Star Wars/Geek Culture websites that this is going on. The more they hear about it the more it'll spread.

2. If you work for or ARE a blogger/journalist advocate for getting the news out. This is the sorta quirky but cool news that people eat up, especially since the new SW movie is on the horizon.

3. Use social media to our advantage. If you have Twitter, tweet. If you have Facebook, Like or Share. If you use Google+, I dunno, plus it or whatever you do. The point is that the more we talk about this, the more we hit links, and the more we share the more exposure this gets.

4. Talk to your friends and family about it. Talk to you IRL friends, your internet forum friends, harass your family to contribute.

5. Contribute. Even if it's the lowest tier because you're saving for that Hero Katana contribute. Money multiplies itself and once this tips over 50% more people are likely to contribute.

So... Get out there and get crack'n!
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DarthMario95, Darth Titus

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12332

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
^^^ this.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12341

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 760
37% is great! It will go a little higher as soon as I make my contribution. :woohoo:
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12343

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Last I checked it was over 40%... silly how fast it's going up. I pledged what I could in support, granted it wasn't much cause they picked the absolute worst time to do it. "OH, he just bought three sabers? KICKSTART NOW."

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12344

• Knightwolf
  • Premium Member
  • Only when they hear the howling under the moon, shall they know who strikes.
  • Thank you received: 4
Sorta know that feel Knytiri, honestly debating about that saber belt.
Champion Acolyte Deep Blue
Champion Vengeance Indigo

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12346

• Knytiri
  • Banned
I literally JUST ordered a custom belt, too. So, when I saw that I cursed them out in the privacy of my own home for a bit too. So, yeah... my pledge wasn't very much, but hey! At least I get a shirt. My first SF shirt! I swear if they had waited like a month, I'd have been able to pledge more. But I spent all my spare money for the month on cosplay and new sabers. :(

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12347

• Knightwolf
  • Premium Member
  • Only when they hear the howling under the moon, shall they know who strikes.
  • Thank you received: 4
Dang, I'm sorry bud :( but hey can't wait to see that awesome cosplay! :D
Champion Acolyte Deep Blue
Champion Vengeance Indigo

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12349

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 760
I am sure every contribution is appreciated, and while the timing could have been better for you, it's still all good!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12350

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Yeah... lol. The cosplay goodies will all be worth it once they all get here. The mask is gonna take the longest, not due to ship until July. :( But, once I get it in, it'll piece everything else together, and it'll be awesome. I'm sure of it!

But, back to the topic at hand, lol... I'm honestly just glad I was able to contribute and pledge anything at all. I'll be getting in on some ASP goodness as time goes on, for sure.

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12373

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Today's Goal:

Canvass your social media groups (Facebook, forums, etc.) with links to the ASP Kickstarter! Remember to be polite, if necessary get permission, don't engage in pointless debate (UltraSaber vs. SaberForge vs. VadersVault vs. MHS, etc.), and provide as much information as you can.

Remember, many people working together can make a huge impact cuz information on the internet increases in a multiplicative manner!

Update: I just reached out to the 501st to see if they'd make a post/mention the kickstarter on their FB page! We all know of or are associated with groups like the 501st, take a moment to tell them what's going on.

Here's a possible template for how you can reach out:
I love seeing ya'all out at the cons and am constantly impressed by the charity work you do. Your fandom is an inspiration! I was wondering if you'd give a shout out/make a post about a Kickstarter for Saber Forge sabers that just started up. Saber Forge crafts high quality stunt/display "sabers" (*cough* lightsabers *cough*) and they're looking to expand their business by offering a new customizable saber line. Here's the link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1621134222/adaptive-saber-parts-make-your-dream-lightsaber-a . They have a super positive and supportive community of cosplayers and Star Wars enthusiasts who would love to see this a reality!
This is, of course, geared towards the 501st who do AMAZING charity work so you'd want to customize it for your audience.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by h2soy.

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12429

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
  • Thank you received: 17
Nice idea h2soy. The 501st is a bloody massive community with quite a large following. If they gave a shout out, it wouldn't surprise me if it buffed up the amount of pledges by quite a bit.
Bowties are cool... And so are Lightsabers!

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12685

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Today's Activity:

Post reviews w/pics of the sabers you already own onto your FB timeline, blog, youtube, whatever social media you have. A Kickstarter tag is easy to ignore but seeing a person they know have an example of the Kickstarter project makes it a more concrete concept. I posted some pics of myself unboxing a Sorcerer Staff and got a lively discussion going and some "likes." And, of course, I pointed them towards the Kickstarter. Give it a try!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bietr Krrob

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12807

• Knytiri
  • Banned
I've shared the kickstarter a few times.. the chance at winning goodies from sf is also a nice incentive, even though I have literally never won anything in my life and I don't expect that to change anytime soon lol

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12841

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
  • Thank you received: 9
I can't back it til my next paycheck, but my Star Wars page on Instagram has the link in the bio and my last few posts are about it.

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12848

• Knytiri
  • Banned
You don't actually spend the money until July 11th. You just pledge it... basically make a commitment to give them x amount on that day.

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #12852

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
  • Thank you received: 9
Oh! Wow. I feel dumb. Definitely doing that as soon as I get home then.

SF Needs You! or How Kickstarters Go Viral 1 year 1 month ago #14016

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
So my email campaign hasn't worked out at all but I've gotten a few sites to retweet my, uh, tweets. If any of ya'all are promoting the ASP Kickstarter you may see success there as well. Remember to attach the appropriate hashtags like #StarWars #ForceAwakens #lighsaber #jedi #sith #cosplay etc. Also remember to target specific tweeters/websites w/your tweets as well as simply doing general tweets at the Kickstarter's milestones.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by h2soy.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Heavy Flex v2.0 (14 Posts)
    • The adapter and chassis are separate parts. The adapter is for the blade socket section and the...
    • Heavy Flex v2.0 (14 Posts)
    • Quote: The adaptor and the hilt are both sold out from VV and the 2.0 is no longer in production from...
    • Quality Darth Vader repli... (6 Posts)
    • I suspect that Vader's hilt will be as in high demand this holiday season as the graflex was this...
    • Where to buy Timing Shims... (30 Posts)
    • It seems that the shims are availible as a pack on www.shopsaberparts.com for $14.99 I kinda wish...
    • Master Replica Force FX C... (16 Posts)
    • The Crees usually win out, mainly because the individual diodes are larger/brighter and are designed...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4401
  • Latest Member: w00kiee
  • Total Posts: 44.5k
  • Total Topics: 3204
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 7
  • Yesterday Open: 10
  • Today Answer: 61
  • Yesterday Answer: 85