Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Battery life?

Battery life? 2 months 4 days ago #59791

• SherlockHomme
  • Thank you received: 16
Hi folks,

I got my ASP saber and I love it. However, does the battery get drained that quick? I leave it in for, say, 2 days, and it gets drained - even if I'm not using the saber. Is there something wrong with how I connected the parts?

Any help you guys could provide would be much appreciated.

Best,

S
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Battery life? 2 months 4 days ago #59793

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 10
I noticed mine drained pretty fast, wasn't 2 days (but was probably fewer than 3 weeks). It's probably best to keep the battery out of the saber when not in use. I'm seriously considering buying a second battery and leaving one in all the time but also having a full charged one on hand so I'm never in a scenario where I want to turn it on but can't.
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. 1 ASP single blade[Ordered]
  3. Venom standard(Wife's)
Last Edit: 2 months 4 days ago by Broll.

Battery life? 2 months 4 days ago #59800

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 473
Even when not on, the soundboard is going to still be drawing some power from the battery. That's why sabers with recharge ports use kill keys to completely cut the power. Though 2 days is a bit quick; perhaps your battery wasn't completely charged.

With a removable battery setup, it's best to leave the battery out of the saber when not in use.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Battery life? 2 months 3 days ago #59933

• spyrl
  • Thank you received: 3
2 days seems very quick for a rechargeable battery that's not in use to be drained.
With Li-ion batteries (removable or not) I was always told that you are supposed to keep them on the charger when not in use to keep them at peak levels anyway though?
"He was determined to discover the underlying logic behind the universe.
Which was going to be hard, because there wasn't one." Terry Pratchett

Battery life? 2 months 2 days ago #59980

• SherlockHomme
  • Thank you received: 16
thanks, all - really appreciate your input!

Battery life? 2 months 2 days ago #60039

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 34
I can see a battery dying within a few days if it is not fully charged and your kill key is not inserted, as the soundboard draws power to be in 'stand by' for when you hit that power button. I tend to keep my kill key in my saber and not plugged in all the time.

Run time on a standard battery with the older 12W LED I estimated at 7 hours as I was timing my sessions between charges. It can vary a bit given the volume you have the speaker set to, but not by much so a muted one might last roughly an additional .5 hr.

I heard the 12W+ use less power, so it might last 8 hours instead if that is what you have.

Battery life? 2 months 2 days ago #60048

• ldp
  • Thank you received: 13
Zeddicuus, the problem occurs with ASP sabers which do not have a recharge port for the soundcard (Champion) level sabers, so no kill key.

Battery life? 2 months 2 days ago #60050

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 34
Heh, wasn't aware those ones shipped without the kill key. Must have missed that in the description.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Hero RGBA CR Ares (16 Posts)
    • Quote: By the way, I noticed there is no recharge port? Definitely a recharge port. The new Saberforge...
    • MR 2005 Anakin conversion... (5 Posts)
    • "6) Bonus question - Looks like the TCSS kit comes with the heat sink, but mentions a lens holder is...
    • MR 2005 Anakin conversion... (5 Posts)
    • 5) Not saying it's impossible, but you'd have to get very creative. The kit - used as intended -...
    • Champion Bastions Galore!... (25 Posts)
    • Hey all. Just a quick preview. One of my ASP orders came today. Here is my new staff. Will try for...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4446
  • Latest Member: yxado
  • Total Posts: 44.8k
  • Total Topics: 3315
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 6
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 71
  • Yesterday Answer: 54