Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Champion soundboard options

ASP Champion soundboard options 3 months 5 days ago #60311

• TommyZ34
  • Thank you received: 2
Does the ASP soundboard have a way to access options like volume, sensitivity, and flicker?

The sabre I ordered for my nephew arrived yesterday, (and its amazing) but I didn't get to do much more than put it together with him, as his mom was giving me the evil eye for keeping him up late! :lol:

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP Champion soundboard options 3 months 5 days ago #60317

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 375
From the SF FAQ:
Q - How do I access the onboard menu on the Champion sabers?

A - This process is actually easier than you may think. All you need to do is hold down the power button for 3 seconds while the saber is powered off. You will hear it enter the menu, and give you options. Press the button once to cycle through the options. Once you have a setting you like, hold the button down for 3 seconds to advance to the next setting. Once you have reached the end of the menu, it will tell you that your settings have been saved, and the saber will turn on, and you can use it normally
I think the ASP switches work a bit different since they're latching instead of momentary but I believe the process is the same. Anyone else have experience w/this?

ASP Champion soundboard options 3 months 5 days ago #60365

• WookieeGunner
  • Thank you received: 11
Why would the ASP switches on a sound card be latching? It would make much more sense for the Warrior tier to have latching and the Champion and Hero tiers to have momentary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

ASP Champion soundboard options 3 months 4 days ago #60428

• ldp
  • Thank you received: 13
The sound card menu works just like FAQ says.

The ASP switches for the sound card (Champion) tier are momentary switches. There have been some instances where a latching switch has been sent in error. If the wrong switch was sent, send Saber Forge an email and they'll send you the correct switch.

(I had to ask a couple of times, but I think they are taking care of this right away now)

ASP Champion soundboard options 3 months 4 days ago #60429

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 375
The ASP switches for the sound card (Champion) tier are momentary switches. There have been some instances where a latching switch has been sent in error. If the wrong switch was sent, send Saber Forge an email and they'll send you the correct switch.
Good to know, I've heard some mixed reports.

ASP Champion soundboard options 3 months 4 days ago #60432

• ldp
Yeah, when I first wrote about the switch I was told there was only one type. Then I saw reviews here on the forum mentioning the momentary switch in the kit. So I wrote back and Melissa said she'd originally been misinformed and sent the correct switch.

It looks like there have been some bumps in the road, but that things are looking good for the long term.

This community and forum have certainly helped.

ASP Champion soundboard options 3 months 4 days ago #60436

• Darth Reyor
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Thank you received: 6
Ok, noob question. What's the difference between momentary and latch switches?

ASP Champion soundboard options 3 months 4 days ago #60438

• ldp
The latching switch is either on or off, and the button changes and keeps the state 'latches' each time you press it. So if it it off and you press, then it is now on, and stays on until you press again and turn it off. The ones from Saber Forge have a button that sticks out when off and is in when on.

A momentary switch sends a signal when pressed and stops sending a signal when released.
so with the sound card pressing and releasing turns the saber on, but holding for 3 seconds keeps sending the signal and the sound card goes into menu mode. When the saber is on if you press and release it doesn't turn off, it does a secondary action (depending on which sound font). To turn it off you need to press and hold for 3 seconds.

Hopefully that made sense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Reyor

ASP Champion soundboard options 3 months 4 days ago #60457

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 83
The nice thing about latching switches is that they physically cut power when they're off. It's like pulling the plug.

Unfortunately, that same quality is also what's not so nice about them. They can't be used to provide input to the electronics during use without actually cutting power. But at least that means you don't have to worry about parasitic drain on the battery while off.

The momentary-only setups allow for a fancier interface, but they don't really turn completely off without a kill key. They go into standby mode instead.
This is not the post you're looking for.

ASP Champion soundboard options 3 months 4 days ago #60466

• Darth Reyor
  • IT'S A TRAP!!!
  • Thank you received: 6
Thank you, that does clear it up. I'm awaiting my Champion tier ASP so now I know which kind of switch to expect.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4535
  • Latest Member: Rimmaol
  • Total Posts: 47.6k
  • Total Topics: 3506
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 0