Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP battery query?

ASP battery query? 3 months 1 week ago #62084

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 71
hello people

so I have a little problem with my ASP... the battery seems to be going out too quickly... like I will charge it to full and it will last like 2 days whether I use it or not... do you guys think is defective battery? My exhalted battery last for a long time, same with my US sabers but of course those use 2 14500 batts rather than the single 18650 that we get with ASP,,, any other ideas about what could be draining the battery?
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP battery query? 3 months 1 week ago #62088

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 493
Are you leaving the battery in the saber when not in use? The sabercore 2.0 boards don't have a deep sleep mode, and without a kill key the board will still draw power even in standby. My battery would drain enough for the board to start acting squirrelly around 2 or 3 days of being left in as well (did it on purpose to test this).

Best solution is to leave the battery out when not in use. Hopefully in the future recharge ports get added to ASP or the in development Sabercore 3.0 will have a deep sleep mode.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Crain

ASP battery query? 3 months 1 week ago #62090

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 71
thank you sir for the info...hmmm interesting.. I will charge it again and leave it out and then test it after 3 days or so...

ASP battery query? 3 months 1 week ago #62177

• Sith Tanker
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah. I was seeking an answer to the same problem and found this post. Would have preferred, if the board still draws power even when saber is off, that a kill key be standard.

May look at installing my own kill keys in the mean time.

ASP battery query? 3 months 6 days ago #62205

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 493
Adding a recharge port to the ASP kit is definitely doable, as Jeff Vader did with his in this thread.

Though having it also be quick connect compatible as well would increase the Cram-Fu needed to install the electronics kit in smaller hilt designs (as the port needs two connectors, which while small, do take up a decent amount of room), especially of you still want to be able to slide the kit out the back of the saber.

Recharge ports were one of the many planned additions to ASP (along with crystal chambers), and the initial run was supposed to keep things simple for those unfamiliar with electronics to install.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Acolyte Switch unit remov... (1 Posts)
    • Hi, So I've had an Warrior Acolyte sitting on my side since April, as when it first arrived I went...
    • Rogue One Trailer #2 (7 Posts)
    • Yeah, I really liked it. I've enjoyed the others, but this one was really awesome.
    • Pledge number (51 Posts)
    • Quote: Hello Saber Forge, FYI, you can find your pledge / backer number on Indiegogo by finding your...
    • LED Vs Non-Saberforge sou... (7 Posts)
    • I've used plenty of 12W+ LEDs with NBv3 installs. So far, I've had no issues. Though the manual does...
    • LED Vs Non-Saberforge sou... (7 Posts)
    • NB has a rated limit of 2.5A on the main channel. Technically, the SF 12W+ should be pulling 4A+ on...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4591
  • Latest Member: blaxthos
  • Total Posts: 48.4k
  • Total Topics: 3602
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 27
  • Yesterday Answer: 58