Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Need help with a few ASP issues

Need help with a few ASP issues 2 days 15 hours ago #62350

• jbeem
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Hey guys I finally got my ASP saber in the mail and i've come across a few minor problems I wanted to check here and see if anyone else has had a similar problem.

First off, I got the Jade Fire emitter. There doesn't seem to be any kind of LED retention screw. There are screws in the emitter aside from the blade retention of course, but they are all too short and don't come through to act as a blocker or to screw the LED In place. Has anyone got the Jade Fire emitter and figured out how to fix this?

Second issue is that my LED unit is getting blazing hot in a short amount of time. After firing up the fully assembled saber, I could smell burning plastic/rubber after about 1 minute. I turned it off and checked and the LED was extremely hot as well as the black rubber stuff/wiring coming out of it. I don't see how this could be normal as I literally could smell the plastic burning on the wires.

Those are the two major issues. On a side note, does anyone know of a good guide to using those timing shims? I don't really understand how they are used. I need to use some to line up my emitter properly but from just messing around with them they don't seem to change anything when I put them on. I think I must not be doing it right.

Thanks for any help guys!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need help with a few ASP issues 2 days 14 hours ago #62354

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 723
The timing shims are basically inserted between the pieces of the saber to achieve proper alignment. They are different widths, so using different shims on different pieces will produce different alignments, so you might have to try different combinations to produce the effect you want.

On the retention screw, you could likely find a replacement at the local hardware store, which would not invalidate your warranty. If you can't find one of the right size, then it would be a customer service issue.

On the hot LED, I would definitely contact customer service. This could be an indication of a wiring issue that they would need to fix in order to preserve your warranty.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Question on Customs (12 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: This "Frost Lotus" was posted on the SF Facebook page last night:...[image] Quote: Interchangeable blue lit...
    • ASP reviews - Negotiator ... (15 Posts)
    • Quote: I'm a bit amazed you were able to coax the forum to post so many high quality pics. It seems to work...
    • Question on Customs (12 Posts)
    • Quote: This "Frost Lotus" was posted on the SF Facebook page last night:...[image] Quote: Interchangeable blue lit...
    • 4 legged SW fans (6 Posts)
    • Can we expect an Embo and Marrok (from TCW) group cosplay from you two in the future?...[image] I've always...
    • Samhain138 as Kylo Ren (1 Posts)
    • I figured as I just ordered my first saber from SF (the Templar) I should show my costume off a bit...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4355
  • Latest Member: Darth Ignis
  • Total Posts: 43.4k
  • Total Topics: 3153
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 30
  • Yesterday Answer: 47