Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Need help with ASP/ battery problem? and retention

Need help with ASP/ battery problem? and retention 3 months 1 week ago #62721

• Magni
  • Thank you received: 6
My warrior tier ASP came in yesterday and I played around with it for about 3 hours and then the battery died, so I went home and charged it for about 5 minutes to see if it was the battery and not a defective part. When I put it in last night it worked again so I put it back on charge for overnight. This morning I put the battery in the saber and it only lasts about 5 minutes and does not turn back on. Then I put it on charge for about 10 minutes and still no power. Are these batteries really only supposed to last 5 minutes after a full night charge? I put it in the charger properly and got a solid red light the whole time.

Now for the retention screw hole, it seems I had screwed the LED retention screw in sideways and it just scraped away the ridges in the hole so now it is basically a empty hole. I do not have retention for the LED now. I don't think the warranty covers this so what other options are there? Like installing new heilcoils somehow which I have heard. Besides trying to fix this I think the only other option would be to buy a new emitter off indiegogo :(

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need help with ASP/ battery problem? and retention 3 months 1 week ago #62723

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 488
I've done that before after testing some ideas on a blade retention screw hole. Normal hole is set with 8-32 threads. but I went and stripped the setup.

I wound up re-drilling/tapping the hole with 10-32 threads and picked up a replacement 10-32 set screw.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, Magni

Need help with ASP/ battery problem? and retention 3 months 1 week ago #62724

• Magni
Thanks I will try tapping the hole and finding a new screw. I am new to this so would getting a tap wrench with a 10-32 tap wrench bit work and cutting fluid? the metal on the emitter is pretty thin. Also any idea for the battery problem?

Need help with ASP/ battery problem? and retention 3 months 1 week ago #62727

• agdev
Mine isn't charging at all.

The battery holders for the sabers are for flat top batteries, too. Unsure why they sent me a button top. My battery holder almost snapped when i tried to put it in.

Get yourself an 18650 and charger on Amazon for cheap. I have a bunch lying around from other chargers and the flat tops work perfect in the battery holder for the sabers.
Game Developer | PS4, PC
@JackSipich

Need help with ASP/ battery problem? and retention 3 months 1 week ago #62730

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 381
Now for the retention screw hole, it seems I had screwed the LED retention screw in sideways and it just scraped away the ridges in the hole so now it is basically a empty hole. I do not have retention for the LED now. I don't think the warranty covers this so what other options are there?
Before you do any modifications email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to see if stripped threading falls under the warranty, I suspect it does. If you tap the hole then the warranty will be voided.

Need help with ASP/ battery problem? and retention 3 months 1 week ago #62731

• Magni
agdev wrote:
Mine isn't charging at all.

The battery holders for the sabers are for flat top batteries, too. Unsure why they sent me a button top. My battery holder almost snapped when i tried to put it in.

Get yourself an 18650 and charger on Amazon for cheap. I have a bunch lying around from other chargers and the flat tops work perfect in the battery holder for the sabers.

When my saber lost power, after charging it for a bit, the saber got more power again last night. Now it just wont power the saber at all. Are you sure it could be the button top/flat top problem since yours never charged but mine seemed to have charged a little but now not at all.

Need help with ASP/ battery problem? and retention 3 months 1 week ago #62732

• Magni
I think i may have found the problem. The LED has a broken wire from what I can tell. Not sure though. The only thing connecting it is the sheath, the two shiny parts are what seems to be the wiring. Would sodering be an option because it is pretty close to the end there.

Need help with ASP/ battery problem? and retention 3 months 1 week ago #62809

• agdev
The charger they sent me won't work. It just flashes red. The battery charged on my other chargers tho.

The button/flat top batteries are functionality the same.

For your pic of the wire it looks like it's on the resistor which should technically be on the red/positive/power wire, not the black/negative/ground wire.

Soldering can work but I'll have to look at my LED when I get home but those resistors are for the power, not ground.

I'm still waiting to hear back after 2 emails to fix my saber. They sent me 2 wrong parts :|

So I need the correct emitter, body and working charger.

They got the LED, pommel and switch section right and that was it lol.
Game Developer | PS4, PC
@JackSipich
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4612
  • Latest Member: Richardiubkcer
  • Total Posts: 48.7k
  • Total Topics: 3634
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 0