Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Hey guys, I need some help here

Hey guys, I need some help here 2 weeks 3 days ago #62747

• greyjediDude
  • Platinum Member
  • Fear is not real. It is the product of thoughts you create. Danger is very real, but fear is a choice.
  • Thank you received: 72
It's been a while since I've gotten on the forum, sorry about that I have had a lot of crap going on in my private life.
Anyho I just received my ASP sabers (I will make a review later because I'm trying to resolve some issues beforehand) and I hardly got any shims with them. Like I barely had enough to align one piece, ONE PIECE. And I ran out. So I've been everywhere looking for the damn things and nobody at Lowes or Home Depot has even heard about them. So I'm in a bind here, can anyone point me to where I could buy some? A link would be great yo.
Light and darkness, you cannot have one without the other. To achieve equilibriem you must be in harmony with both; the path between.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hey guys, I need some help here 2 weeks 3 days ago #62752

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 89
I don't think anyone has found a place to buy them. Lots have used rubber O-Rings.

Hey guys, I need some help here 2 weeks 3 days ago #62754

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 451
Welcome back gjD. How many shims did you receive? I got 4 of them in various sizes and only needed an almost paper thin one between the emitter and switch (at the moment, at least).

It's been reported that the size 2 clocking washers from TCSS would work (they're 1.31" OD and 1.25" ID), but I'd double check those measurements on the hilt piece you need to put them on (don't have my saber in front of me at the moment).

Other people have suggested gun shops (since they are also use for clocking firearm parts), and a several forum members have used black rubber o rings.

Another way to line the parts up (and is probably what SF does with their premade hilts, since even with the best tools it's hard to machine threads on parts to work a specific way with each other), is by lightly sanding the part with the female threading, as shown in this TCSS tutorial:

SF forgot my covertec knob (along with its screw, my belt clip and stand), so when it arrives I'll see if I need to realign the body using the above method, since I don't like the gaps timing shims create. Luckily the one I used between the emitter and switch is thin enough it isn't noticeable.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• UltraSabers|Story so far.... (26 Posts)
    • It's been a while since I've been here with this Part I, thought I'd share a somewhat little...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (202 Posts)
    • When I ordered mine it also showed a 6-8 weeks but reading the forum the waiting time was 10-12...
    • Good Customer service fro... (1 Posts)
    • So recently me and my brother bought an asp sabers each however they sent the wrong emitter which...
    • best way deal with heat f... (2 Posts)
    • I don't know which hilt you're using, but The Custom Saber Shop makes MR/Hasbro FX conversion kits...
    • Guardian SF Custom|Story ... (12 Posts)
    • Quote: Thanks again. Agree with your last sentence entirely. Forgot to ask about the weight of your new...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4397
  • Latest Member: DJBeef
  • Total Posts: 44.4k
  • Total Topics: 3199
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 40