Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Slightly damaged saber on delivery and part order

Slightly damaged saber on delivery and part order 2 weeks 2 hours ago #63001

• GuillaumeD
  • Thank you received: 1
I've been asking myself if I could get a replacement for a part? When I received it there was a small dent. It's not big but it's at a pretty bad place to have a dent it. It messes the look badly. So I think it would be normal to get a replacement. the part I'm talking about is the black tube for the emitter in the photo. You can see the pointy ends aren't both well made. of of them was hit somehow even though the box wasn't damaged and it was protected inside properly.

Other thing: I'd like to know if I can order a specific part they make that I myself messed up by adjusting my saber's parts orientation (derpy me.. I was careless. well, it was a bit hard to see where the screen was screwing.. I should've put a piece of plastic in something in the hole to avoid damaging the metal.) I don't even need to whole part. I just need a part of a part haha

so, the parts are sinister prophecy pommel and dissident emmiter.

Here's a weird ass onedrive link to share the photos

Other than that.. when are we getting the discount we we're supposed to get that they mentioned?? I haven't heard anything about it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Slightly damaged saber on delivery and part order 2 weeks 2 hours ago #63003

• GuillaumeD
I noticed though the photo showing the damage/defect isn't really efficient and doesn't look like it's really bad but it's worse than it looks.

Slightly damaged saber on delivery and part order 2 weeks 1 hour ago #63006

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1018
I've been asking myself if I could get a replacement for a part? So I think it would be normal to get a replacement. I'd like to know if I can order a specific part. when are we getting the discount we we're supposed to get that they mentioned?? I haven't heard anything about it.
Great questions. Rather than asking yourself and now to the Forum, the only ones that can provide you with answers is by email to SaberForge Customer Service.

Slightly damaged saber on delivery and part order 2 weeks 1 hour ago #63007

• GuillaumeD
It would be nice if they actually provided help here to be honest. But I'll contact them and send them the link.

Other than this honestly I'm delighted with my ASP not so saber (still missing so many things....) I liked taking it out on a bus trip with it on my belt hahaha

but wow now that I've checked the lazer forge more expensive stand.. wow I want it. But it's not for free that's for sure XD
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Slightly damaged saber on delivery and part order 2 weeks 52 minutes ago #63008

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1018
Once upon a time SF CSR's and Forum Moderators were employed by and or had affiliation with SaberForge. These days though, it is purely Fan-based.

Open Carry is a great thing. No doubt some time passed waiting for your Hilt to be delivered much like every other Owner, New and repeat. When you're proud of your possession you want everyone to see and know about it. There may just be a day independent of Cosplay or Cons that Saber Owners will carry their Sabers as an accepted extension from their belts and those that are passed and aren't carrying one will be with appreciation and awe.
but wow now that I've checked the lazer forge more expensive stand.. wow I want it. But it's not for free that's for sure XD
It only becomes Free after you've paid $200USD plus Shipping. ;)

Good luck with your enquiries with Customer Service. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GuillaumeD

Slightly damaged saber on delivery and part order 1 week 6 days ago #63013

• GuillaumeD
Thanks! A bunch of my friends thought it was great. I think it looks badass on me :lol: I was surprised people weren't looking at me funny at all actually. That belt clip sure is great. I love it.

Since I'm broke and crafty I'll think of making my own stand. It won't be as cool as Lazer Forge's stand but it'll be mine and unique? If I can use someone's 3D printer it could be nice.

I will definitely WILL go watch Rogue One with my saber, that is for sure.

I understand they might not want to pay moderators or service on the forum but they could not ignore it completely haha. It doesn't even feel like it's part of their website but somehow it's on their domain? That's the feel it gives to me. Do they even bother pinning info in official news threads? Not sure I remember seeing any of those.

Anyway, I'm not trying to rant but .. discussing really.

and thanks for the good luck wishes and info!

Slightly damaged saber on delivery and part order 1 week 6 days ago #63017

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 69
GuillaumeD wrote:
Thanks! A bunch of my friends thought it was great. I think it looks badass on me :lol: I was surprised people weren't looking at me funny at all actually. That belt clip sure is great. I love it.

Since I'm broke and crafty I'll think of making my own stand. It won't be as cool as Lazer Forge's stand but it'll be mine and unique? If I can use someone's 3D printer it could be nice.

I understand they might not want to pay moderators or service on the forum but they could not ignore it completely haha. It doesn't even feel like it's part of their website but somehow it's on their domain? That's the feel it gives to me. Do they even bother pinning info in official news threads? Not sure I remember seeing any of those.

Anyway, I'm not trying to rant but .. discussing really.

and thanks for the good luck wishes and info!

A unique anything is always something to be proud of, whether it is a home made saber, costume, stand or anything else. Look forward to seeing what you get done with it.

In terms of your saber damage, our sympathies are with you, I know that it must suck, but as has been said, your best (and only) way to get it sorted is with customer service. In terms of getting the forum more associated with SF, I believe Brax, our admin, has been attempting to build bridges between himself and the SFCS, and SF itself, but of course, that takes time, patience and trust.

In terms of news and stuff, anyone offical from SF doesn't come here often, occasionally we do get news posts from Phil, or second hand stuff from the facebook group, but really, this is totally fan based, and while we can offer help on many things, there are just some things that only CS can help with.

If you do want to keep up with saberforge news (as well as see a lot of saber sale posts, where you can sometimes pick some real good stuff up) I would reccommend also going to the Custom Lightsaber owners Facebook group. Very good place to keep up on updates, usually posted by Phil himself, as well as find more saber enthusiasts such as ourselves, wheras the forum here is usually the place we discuss such things in longer posts, as well as hopefully offer help and welcome to people who come along.

Slightly damaged saber on delivery and part order 1 week 6 days ago #63020

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 89
I think your odds of getting the parts replaced by SFCS are very good. As always it's good information for the forum to know potential issues with parts but the only ones that have the ability to help are CS. I have seen in some other post SF is completely standing behind their products and replacing parts. It's just going to mean more patience for the wait on a reply then the wait for replacement parts.

Slightly damaged saber on delivery and part order 1 week 6 days ago #63021

• GuillaumeD
jonnys95s10 wrote:
I think your odds of getting the parts replaced by SFCS are very good. As always it's good information for the forum to know potential issues with parts but the only ones that have the ability to help are CS. I have seen in some other post SF is completely standing behind their products and replacing parts. It's just going to mean more patience for the wait on a reply then the wait for replacement parts.

Hell, I've been waiting over a year for my saber and I'll have to wait (as in.. find money >.>) to complete it because I haven't got the full thing sadly. But what's nice is I can get cool kill switches from lazer forge and other new goodies and whatever comes out before I actually have the money for this. So anyway. I can wait a little but longer for replacement parts.

I'd be curious to know why it's fan based though? I mean, maybe they're not popular but I think forums are a great way to be part of a community and get info at the same time.

Slightly damaged saber on delivery and part order 1 week 6 days ago #63022

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 69
Well, its fan based simply because it is. There isn't much reason to it, but if I had to come up with one, its probably because these days forums take the back burner to more modern social media. (ie why more news is posted on facebook than here)

SF's current customer service employees are likely answering emails every moment they work, and anyone else working there is probably busy too. We still get most of the news here, forum members and moderators who keep their eyes on the facebook groups (may be possible Brax gets passed messages too, but he would have to answer on that matter) and so we still get information just fine, perhaps slightly delayed from those at other places.

As Ovrc said, its just how this forum has evolved, SF used to keep customer service or specific forum employees, but they're happy to let us mostly run ourselves, and it works for us just fine, so theres no real need for them to do anything else here. As I say, the forum works fine for a decent community and an information dispensery currently too, so theres nothing that really requires SF interaction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToyKeeper
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• UltraSabers|Story so far.... (26 Posts)
    • It's been a while since I've been here with this Part I, thought I'd share a somewhat little...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (202 Posts)
    • When I ordered mine it also showed a 6-8 weeks but reading the forum the waiting time was 10-12...
    • Good Customer service fro... (1 Posts)
    • So recently me and my brother bought an asp sabers each however they sent the wrong emitter which...
    • best way deal with heat f... (2 Posts)
    • I don't know which hilt you're using, but The Custom Saber Shop makes MR/Hasbro FX conversion kits...
    • Guardian SF Custom|Story ... (12 Posts)
    • Quote: Thanks again. Agree with your last sentence entirely. Forgot to ask about the weight of your new...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4397
  • Latest Member: DJBeef
  • Total Posts: 44.4k
  • Total Topics: 3199
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 11
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 40