Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Sabercore sound menu manual?

Sabercore sound menu manual? 1 year 3 months ago #63224

• infernouk
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey guys

Im having some confusion navigating the menus on the sabercore sound board in my ASP saber.

I wondered if there is a manual or guide as to how to turn it on/off/settings navigation?

Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabercore sound menu manual? 1 year 3 months ago #63241

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 87
I don't know if there's an actual manual anywhere, but it's pretty straightforward.

To enter config mode:
1. Go into idle standby mode (either connect the battery, or turn the blade off).
2. Hold the button until it beeps.

To configure each option:
1. Press the button for a short time (half a second or less) to change the current value. If you pass the value you want, keep pressing until it comes around again.
2. After reaching the desired value, hold the button until it beeps.

To exit config mode:
Happens automatically after configuring each option. You must set all options every time you enter config mode, and then it will save the changes and exit on its own.

Options include, in this order:
1. Pulse frequency 1-5.
2. Sound volume low / high / muted.
3. Clash sensitivity 1-9.
4. Swing sensitivity 1-9.

Does this help?
This is not the post you're looking for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neesh Kedoo

Sabercore sound menu manual? 1 year 3 months ago #63263

• infernouk
  • Thank you received: 1
ToyKeeper wrote:
I don't know if there's an actual manual anywhere, but it's pretty straightforward.

To enter config mode:
1. Go into idle standby mode (either connect the battery, or turn the blade off).
2. Hold the button until it beeps.

To configure each option:
1. Press the button for a short time (half a second or less) to change the current value. If you pass the value you want, keep pressing until it comes around again.
2. After reaching the desired value, hold the button until it beeps.

To exit config mode:
Happens automatically after configuring each option. You must set all options every time you enter config mode, and then it will save the changes and exit on its own.

Options include, in this order:
1. Pulse frequency 1-5.
2. Sound volume low / high / muted.
3. Clash sensitivity 1-9.
4. Swing sensitivity 1-9.

Does this help?

Cheers i think ive got the hang of it from that!
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by infernouk.

Sabercore sound menu manual? 1 year 3 months ago #63264

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 87
If you have a latching switch instead of a momentary switch, things could get weird. If that were the case, sending a single "press" action would involve clicking the button twice quickly -- once to turn the switch on, another time to turn it off. I don't know what type of latching switch SF uses though, or if it actually clicks. I've just heard that a couple people got one by mistake.

With a momentary switch, short presses should be like a quarter second or less, and long presses should generally be held until the saber reacts. Pressing the on button for too long will load the config menu; it should be just a quick tap and immediately let go to turn the saber on.

... or with a latching switch, short presses may be hard to do fast enough. If you have one of those it's probably a good idea to contact SF to get the switch replaced.
This is not the post you're looking for.

Sabercore sound menu manual? 1 year 3 months ago #64663

• DThrasher
Ah, so that's the problem. I think I have a latching switch under the panel of my Prodigal Son ASP switch section. This was causing all sorts of strange behavior. I kept activating the sound card menu when I meant to turn the blade on.

Now that I know what's going on I can work with it, but it is a bit awkward to use. I'm going to play with it for a few days to see if I get the hang of it. All part of my Jedi training, I suppose. :)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • Your poll seems to be broken. It's just showing me results. As for the black and chrome Bane, I'd...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Episode IX may indeed end the Skywalker saga. Because, remember, Kylo Ren is a Skywalker. He's...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • So Brax just leaked a sneak peak at his new amazing chromed Bane Mk2, inscribed with the sith creed:...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: It's gotta be Old Republic for Sith and Jedi mass combat. The Skywalker saga is worn out. Maybe even...
    • A Preview (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Oh my, where is my bib when I need it Re: the bane mk2 Is this a custom shop job? How would one...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5120
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 24