Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Help with LED selection

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63725

• Ishwa
  • Thank you received: 6
So, thanks to you all here, I am certain I have the skills required for a full on DIY electronics install. I plan on ordering a new ASP hilt with SparkColor2 and all the goodies to go along with it. I really have my heart set on color mixing with FoC. My real question, I guess, is that of quality. I'm VERY unfamiliar with saber LED's and just want to make sure I get something nice and bright that functions well. Truthfully, I'm not really looking for a direct answer as much as I'm looking for opinions on the matter. Reading other peoples thoughts seems to help with my own. Thanks for any and all input.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63732

• RichellM
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
There are a few topics on LED in the Saber Electronics DIY section that may help with your questions.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by RichellM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ishwa

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63734

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
If you're using the Spark Color 2, you can't go wrong with an RGBA LED. That way you can have any color you want for the blade, blaster block, and lockup effects.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ishwa

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63744

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Jaden Korr wrote:
If you're using the Spark Color 2, you can't go wrong with an RGBA LED. That way you can have any color you want for the blade, blaster block, and lockup effects.

I second this. I love this feature. Just when you get bored with one color, BOOM, change colors to a new one. Also, shopsaberparts.com has a RGBW option as well as RGBA.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63755

• Ishwa
Thank you guys, very much. And Kouri too. The first time I read that LED's topic, I was new to everything so a lot of it was foreign to me. Having gone back and re-read it today, it was IMMENSELY informative and helpful. I believe I will be ordering star from shopsaberparts.com along with everything else. Finally, my favorite saber color is indigo, that mostly blue purple. Which combo would better achieve such a color? RGBW or RGBA?

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63757

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Either would work, since to achieve that color you'd set one of your 9 color profiles' blade to be blue with enough red to get the shade you want, along with whatever you want your effect colors to be. I'd go with RGBA personally, as the amber would increase the variety of color shades available and a whitish color can still be achieved by turning all the dies on. You'll definitely want to play around with all sorts of color combos, either using the config editor on a computer (which at the moment is only available for PC) or in hilt using one of the menus.

And now that I think about it, is the B in SF's RGBA/W LEDs royal blue, or regular blue? That would affect things. If it is just blue, I'd recommend emailing them about getting one with royal blue (the site says they'll make you die combos not listed in the drop down menu).
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63769

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Naigon also has the Z6 to go with the SC2.

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63773

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 693
If you're really partial to Indigo, I'd recommend asking for a custom Red/Green/RoyalBlue/RoyalBlue for a really bright Indigo while still allowing swapping to other colors.

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63792

• Ishwa
I actually had already reached out to saberforge regarding a RGrBW and was told
Hello! We only have 4 diodes to work with on our LED combinations, RGBW is the only combination we are able to offer that will be close to this configuration.

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63795

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 693
You got a confused tech that thought you were asking for a 5-color Red/Green/red/Blue/White LED. It's best to keep things simple in your emails, since the folks manning support aren't the same folks building the components.

Clarify that you are indeed asking for a 4-diode setup, but that you want to use Royal Blue, not standard Blue.

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63798

• Ishwa
Aaahhhh. Thank you kouri, I will attempt that now. And thanks also for the double royal blue tip. Sounds like a plan.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Ishwa.

Help with LED selection 1 year 3 months ago #63800

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Both options are indeed listed on Saberparts DIY LED section
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (8 Posts)
    • hard to say if it’s Old Republic era... considering they wholesale wipes it all, claiming it’s...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • Your poll seems to be broken. It's just showing me results. As for the black and chrome Bane, I'd...
    • Episode IX may indeed end the Skywalker saga. Because, remember, Kylo Ren is a Skywalker. He's...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • So Brax just leaked a sneak peak at his new amazing chromed Bane Mk2, inscribed with the sith creed:...
    • Quote: It's gotta be Old Republic for Sith and Jedi mass combat. The Skywalker saga is worn out. Maybe even...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5120
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 24