Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anyone get their parts from the official site yet?

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #63925

• jbeem
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Hey guys I was just wondering what the general time frame on ASP parts delivery was. I just put in my big order yesterday 7/29/16 and was wondering about how long to expect for delivery. So for any of you guys that ordered stuff on day 1 of the official site, have you gotten your parts yet? Or at least any word on tracking numbers etc?

I'm super excited! I ordered the parts to make a redeemer and a graflex! I took several hours playing around with different configurations before I got my shopping cart perfect and ready to order. When I went to pay I was notified that the graflex switch section I picked became sold out while it was sitting in my cart! What a bummer! Well instead of the default "brushed silver" I had to swap it out for a "matte silver" option. I hope it doesn't look too weird or out of place with the rest of the graflex being default brushed silver. I ordered my redeemer switch section as "matte silver" on purpose though because I just through it would be a neat difference to have on that saber.

Anyway sorry I rambled off in excitement. If anyone has any info on the shipping times for the new official site i'd appreciate it. Thanks guys!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #63927

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
I ordered a batch of parts a couple of days ago. My understanding is that it's supposed to be a 5-10 day period for shipping.

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #63930

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 637
My shipping label was "printed" after four days but no actual shipping according to USPS tracking as of right now.
"I am the Senate"

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64151

• wolfn92
  • Thank you received: 7
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and they have just been shipped.

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64152

• golgo13
  • Thank you received: 21
Ordered the champion PnP electronic, a blood red LED, and a red Day Blade.
Order placed 7/25
Confirmed 7/26
Preshipment 7/29
Shipped 8/1
schedueled for delivery on 8/3

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64156

• jbeem
  • Elite Member
Thanks for the info so far guys. I ordered my parts on 7/29 and got the order "confirmed" email on 7/30. Thats the last thing i've heard as of today 8/2

I'm getting an order through Etsy pretty quick though. Its a champion Oracle for my wife. Ordered on 7/29 went into preshipment today 8/2

Please let me know here any updates when you guys get your stuff. Thanks all!

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64161

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
I'm looking to order parts for my custom Katana, so I am interested in how long it's taking, as well.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64162

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
I think it depends on the size of your order. I had a switch ship in 3 business days and a whole hilt ship after 8 business days.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64167

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
I've got my ASP order (a crippling $281.87 worth!) all ready. Will the order come with a dummy switch for a Warrior tier version?

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64168

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
I've got my ASP order (a crippling $281.87 worth!) all ready. Will the order come with a dummy switch for a Warrior tier version?
All the ASP switches I've seen have the dummy switches.

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64169

• jbeem
  • Elite Member
You call that crippling? I ordered parts to make a redeemer and a graflex with a viridium sound board and it was $715 !! and thats after the 15% founder's discount!

Graflex pieces and thin neck emitter+mandatory adapter prices...Ugg.

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64196

• BZArcher
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 92
I ordered parts to build a full saber on the 24th, got them today on the 3rd. The switch section did come with a dummy switch.

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64216

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
jbeem wrote:
You call that crippling? I ordered parts to make a redeemer and a graflex with a viridium sound board and it was $715 !! and thats after the 15% founder's discount!

Graflex pieces and thin neck emitter+mandatory adapter prices...Ugg.

Hey bro, I do my best to avoid spending over $150 at any given time, and the computer I made last year was a solid $750-$800. That's a life-time investment, and personally, spending almost $300 on a hobby like sabering is unheard of for me.

In afterthought, though, I wonder how much money I and my parents have spent on Legos...

The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64218

• Roger Redux
  • Premium Member
  • There is no Ignorance - There is Knowledge, There is no Fear - There is Power, I am the Heart of The Force, I am the revealing fire of Light, I am the Mystery of Darkness, *
  • Thank you received: 44
Eddlyss64 wrote:
In afterthought, though, I wonder how much money I and my parents have spent on Legos...
Probably thousands, Legos add up real quick (especially the big sets). :P :whistle:
* In Balance with Chaos and Harmony, Immortal in The Force

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64221

• jbeem
  • Elite Member
Oh man legos are probably the most ridiculously overpriced thing in existence. I remember when I was a kid they were bad then but years ago when my daughters were younger and played with them the prices were just outrageous. The company must make a massive profit from legos.

I understand where you're comin from Eddlyss. 700 bucks or more is truly ridiculous to spend for toy lightsabers I know. Plus...these two ASP sabers will bring my collection to seven sabers. Well one of them is for my wife, a champion tier Oracle from Etsy that is due for delivery this friday. I got bit by the saber bug bad. After I got my first saber I just couldn't stop. I love them so much. My wife and my younger daughter went all out and bought full on Jedi outfits too and we rock the conventions every year.

Speaking of which- this saturday i'm attending a comic con and I'm going to meet Emperor Palpatine himself!! How awesome is that? I just got my ASP saber back from Saberforge (it needed repairs, it arrived with a broken soundboard) and i'm so glad. Its a big beefy sith style saber that I'm going to lay at the Emperor's feet and have him sign it for me. I'm not sure I can imagine anything more awesome. I'm just having trouble deciding where to have him sign the saber. There isn't much space on it. The parts are:

Jade Fire emitter
Exile switch section
Resilient Body
Avenger Pommel

I'll probably get him to sign the exile switch as its the only part that has a little bit of blank space. I just have to make sure its in a place I'll never touch so that it won't rub off.

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64223

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
Hey man, no hard feelings. I spent hundreds on Legos (and still do), am currently spending a lot on Nerf gun mods, and will likely spend hundreds on lightsabers. And they say women are expensive!

No seriously, the secret is a woman that's low-maintenance. :P

I've got at least two more sabers in the pipeline besides the one I'm planning now, not counting the cheaper ones I'll buy, the self-installs or the extra accessories.

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64231

• Sith570
  • Thank you received: 5
I'd hate to think how much I've spent over the years on Lego, Swords, Lightsabers and more sabers I'm thinking about...Plan to get a whole bunch of parts so I can have a few empty hilts but make any number of designs when I want

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64233

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
On top of the sabers I've bought and build this past year, I've spent triple digits on action figures. Yeah, I'm one of THOSE guys...

Plus I've got one bass guitar that needs its bridge re-chrome plated, and another that I want to replace all the hardware on (it's that cosmo black finish that seemed to be on every guitar in the mid 2000's but didn't wear well). Not including the upgrades I want to do to my SF saber (which is why I'm currently selling its old innards).
jbeem wrote:
Oh man legos are probably the most ridiculously overpriced thing in existence. I remember when I was a kid they were bad then but years ago when my daughters were younger and played with them the prices were just outrageous. The company must make a massive profit from legos.

Probably doesn't help that most of the sets they sell nowadays are from licensed properties (I'm not privy to what the licensing deals are, but I'm sure they aren't cheap). Though the build standards and quaIlty control LEGO pieces go through are pretty stringent. You can pretty much take any two of the same piece from completely different eras and they'll fit without a problem. Meanwhile other "building brick" brands can have problems within the same set. Definitely expensive nowadays, but I wouldn't call them overpriced. The last set I bought was the Milano from GotG for a whopping $70.

I do envy those who manage to afford to have thousands upon thousands of bricks, so that they can not only build whatever comes to mind, they have the right colors for it!
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Jaden Korr.

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64234

• Darth Khlōros
  • Thank you received: 27
my emitter came in 4 days. I ordered july 24, and it arrived july 27. so really 3 days considering saberforge is closed on sunday. crazy fast. I just placed my order for the switch, body and pommel (all in stock) . well see how fast that shows up.
I looked, and behold, an ashen horse; and he who sat on it had the name Death; and Hades was following with him.

Anyone get their parts from the official site yet? 1 year 3 months ago #64239

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
For shims, parts, and LEDs, I've been averaging about a week. For a saber hilt...about 2 weeks.
Jaden Korr wrote:
On top of the sabers I've bought and build this past year, I've spent triple digits on action figures. Yeah, I'm one of THOSE guys...

Plus I've got one bass guitar that needs its bridge re-chrome plated, and another that I want to replace all the hardware on (it's that cosmo black finish that seemed to be on every guitar in the mid 2000's but didn't wear well). Not including the upgrades I want to do to my SF saber (which is why I'm currently selling its old innards).
jbeem wrote:

Probably doesn't help that most of the sets they sell nowadays are from licensed properties (I'm not privy to what the licensing deals are, but I'm sure they aren't cheap). Though the build standards and quaIlty control LEGO pieces go through are pretty stringent. You can pretty much take any two of the same piece from completely different eras and they'll fit without a problem. Meanwhile other "building brick" brands can have problems within the same set. Definitely expensive nowadays, but I wouldn't call them overpriced. The last set I bought was the Milano from GotG for a whopping $70.

I do envy those who manage to afford to have thousands upon thousands of bricks, so that they can not only build whatever comes to mind, they have the right colors for it!

What blows my mind is if you go on eBay and look up retired sets. They get into the 1000's! I still have an unopened 7191 UCS X-Wing...I'm not sure what it is worth, but that was a fun kit...back in 1999!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I'd really like to see someone take some black enamel to the inscriptions and engraved lines to make...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 25