Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber?

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 3 months ago #64058

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
The ASP blade plugs (not the Lazerforge ones) that have the machined caps look awesome. Just curious if anyone has gotten one yet and how they look/perform in a saber?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 3 months ago #64064

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
I got 2 with my ASP as the one I requested wouldn't work with my emitter. The #1 and #4 in black and then sanded them down to weather them.
Jaden Korr did the same thing to his plug in his ASP review. I think the look great compared to the flat LazerForge ones.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, Borommakot

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 3 months ago #64071

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 637
Very nice work!
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonnys95s10

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 3 months ago #64075

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 338
Awesome plugs! They look great!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: jonnys95s10

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 3 months ago #64097

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
Sigh... now I need to buy one of those too.....

:P

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 3 months ago #64204

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 54
I got a #4 for my Bastion. I had hoped the 2" would fit inside the emitter without sticking out, but it's just a little too long. That being said, I'm not entirely sure I don't prefer it sticking out now that I've seen it. I've got a second one on order and requested that it be trimmed to fit all the way into the emitter, so if I don't like the shorter one, I'll still have the longer one.

Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: image(s) orientation correction

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 3 months ago #64205

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
Sorry for the inverted photos. Not sure why it happened...

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 3 months ago #64206

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
Rennek wrote:
I got a #4 for my Bastion. I had hoped the 2" would fit inside the emitter without sticking out, but it's just a little too long. That being said, I'm not entirely sure I don't prefer it sticking out now that I've seen it. I've got a second one on order and requested that it be trimmed to fit all the way into the emitter, so if I don't like the shorter one, I'll still have the longer one.

That does look pretty wicked. I'm considering doing a conversion on my MR Anakin hilt as was planning on getting an ASP plug for it, I may need to order one for my Bastion as well.

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 3 months ago #64241

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Rennek wrote:

I had this same experience. I have 2 of these same blade plugs and they seem to be a little long. I'm sure longer is better than shorter since you can cut something that is too long but do nothing that is something that is too short. I'm guessing we can't request lengths (that would probably be a real headache for Saberforge).

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: Post Quote correction from OPs image orientation correction

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 3 months ago #64268

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
I've read on here that back when you could only order blade plugs from the main site, you could tell them which saber you had in the order comments, and they would send you the right length. I'm not sure if they can do the same with the ASP plugs, but in the order comments on the second one I have on order, I requested to have it trimmed to fit inside a Bastion emitter if possible. If not, I can still trim one of them myself, and still have the longer one if I prefer.

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 3 months ago #64274

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Rennek wrote:
I've read on here that back when you could only order blade plugs from the main site, you could tell them which saber you had in the order comments, and they would send you the right length. I'm not sure if they can do the same with the ASP plugs, but in the order comments on the second one I have on order, I requested to have it trimmed to fit inside a Bastion emitter if possible. If not, I can still trim one of them myself, and still have the longer one if I prefer.

On the main site, you can pick from 1.5" and 3.25" plugs, and if you are unsure of which you need you can put in the order comments which saber it will be for and they'll make sure you get the right one.

On the ASP and LF sites, there are 6 different sizes for plugs, starting at 1" and moving up to 3.25" by .5" increments. I don't see why you couldn't put in the order comments to select whatever size would work best for your emitter.

Though honestly unless you have a windowed emitter (like the Arbiter/Sentinel, Bastion, Epoch, SP, Viper, Venom, VF, and ASP emitters 1 and 7) 1.5" should fit the bill for any emitter; it doesn't have to be long enough to touch the LED.

Another thing to keep in mind is that all the ASP plugs except for #4 are 1.1" OD on a 1" OD piece of blade stock, meaning they won't go all the way into the emitter (like the regular main site Elite ones). #4 is 1" OD all around.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

ASP Blade plugs - Anyone use one in a saber? 1 year 2 months ago #66172

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
In case anyone was curious, I received the second ASP blade plug that I requested to be trimmed to fit my Bastion, and sure enough, it fits completely inside the emitter, just below the rim. The metal piece of the plug partly covers the top emitter window, but with it turned off, it's not noticeable, and with it on, the LEDs are so bright that you can't tell. I just wanted to take a second to brag on Saberforge and how accommodating they are to their customers. They really take the time to make sure you are 100% satisfied with your saber.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I'd really like to see someone take some black enamel to the inscriptions and engraved lines to make...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 25