Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP assembly problems

ASP assembly problems 1 year 3 months ago #64326

• chaoticneutral
  • Thank you received: 3
I have received my exquisite asp hilt, but i for the lif of me cannot install the electronics. I really wish it came with a instruction guide with the saber. The switch is a pain because it doesnt tighten fully, the quick connect to the switch keeps disconnecting when im trying to twist all the hilt parts and finish it, the wires feel all twisted and shoved in there, and when i turn it on, the light flashes for a second, goes away, then turns back on for good. I have watched many of the tutorials on youtube and still can't seem to get it. It is amazing product I just need help with the electronics. If I could get any suggestions to help, or people I could possibly send it too so they could do the install that would be great.

p.s while charging the battery the charger light has been flashing red, what does that mean?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP assembly problems 1 year 3 months ago #64332

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 637
There is a sticky thread with photos and youtube on assembly on the ASP sub-forum.

There should not need to twist any of the wires when assembling the hilts, as that will risk breaking the wire.

In the video, I show a section on how to glue the switch with Loctite superglue.

It may take several hours for the battery charger to turn green from red.
"I am the Senate"

ASP assembly problems 1 year 3 months ago #64361

• RichellM
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Agree with Execute66...here's the link to the thread, just in case. It's an awesome video tutorial!

Also for the switch, if you do not want to glue it, you can slip on a rubber O-ring before you screw on the nut. I used this O-ring from amazon.com. It worked great!

ASP assembly problems 1 year 3 months ago #64384

• chaoticneutral
  • Thank you received: 3
thanks guys, i have it working, the problem was the quick connect to the switch is a little bit faulty. Before I glue the switch and the other little circular thing that goes above or below the switch could you tell me whether or not that voids the warranty? thanks. Also it has been over fourteen hours and the battery charger is still flashing red. My other charger which is older version was a steady red so I was wondering if the red is suppose to flash when charging or not

ASP assembly problems 1 year 3 months ago #64398

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 637
It does not matter where the dummy switch goes. There are two usually holes in the Switch Section (depending on which you bought). You can decide whether the momentary switch gets fixed closer to the emitter ("top" hole) or below.
"I am the Senate"

ASP assembly problems 1 year 3 months ago #64405

• RichellM
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
chaoticneutral wrote:
thanks guys, i have it working, the problem was the quick connect to the switch is a little bit faulty. Before I glue the switch and the other little circular thing that goes above or below the switch could you tell me whether or not that voids the warranty? thanks. Also it has been over fourteen hours and the battery charger is still flashing red. My other charger which is older version was a steady red so I was wondering if the red is suppose to flash when charging or not

Gluing the switch should not void the warranty on the saber nor the electronics. Altering the connections/electronics like desoldering, soldering cutting wires, etc. does. Major alterations to the saber also voids the warranty on the saber. i.e. drilling holes, etc.

It can take up to 36 hrs to fully charge the battery depending on how much the battery is discharged. A flashing red is normal. When fully charged, it will turn green.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (9 Posts)
    • The fact that there is no canon storyline from the Old Republic era, does not negate the era. I am...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (9 Posts)
    • hard to say if it’s Old Republic era... considering they wholesale wipes it all, claiming it’s...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (2 Posts)
    • i second this.
    • Saberforge Talon help (1 Posts)
    • Hi, I bought a Talon (Champion Tier) around 6 months ago and I've been very happy with it. However,...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • Your poll seems to be broken. It's just showing me results. As for the black and chrome Bane, I'd...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5121
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 24