Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Soundboard Sound Skipping and Heating Up

Soundboard Sound Skipping and Heating Up 2 months 1 week ago #64812

• Hollywood1975
Hello, has anyone purchased the plug and play soundboard from ASP site and have the sound suddenly start skipping and have the unit heat up? I connected the parts to test and it says the startup phrase, then starts to skip and eventually starts to generate heat.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Soundboard Sound Skipping and Heating Up 2 months 1 week ago #64906

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 103
I've had a similar issue with mine. I've heard of others too. Hopefully it's just a bad batch and they will get it straightened out.

Soundboard Sound Skipping and Heating Up 2 months 1 week ago #64910

• jbeem
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 45
The sound skipping around thing could be the battery being low.

The heating thing is a bigger problem. My first crimson soundboard heated up the LED in just under a minute. I could smell burning rubber from the wiring just under the LED and it was so hot I would burn my finger if I actually held it for more than a quick second. I had to send it back in for a replacement and the second board is doing the same thing!

I started wondering if it is just supposed to be this hot but then I got my third soundboard (a viridium...if it matters) and it doesn't have the same problem.

So I thought it might be possible that there is just a bad batch of soundboards that are running too hot. Some kind of manufacturing mistake maybe. Stuff like that just happens sometimes. So I have to send my replacement crimson soundboard back in for a third one.

On another weird note, my redeemer switch section came with male/female threading when its supposed to be male/male. Boy that was strange trying to put together! I'll have to get a replacement for that too.

Saberforge has been totally awesome with the customer service through all this though I must say. Melissa and India have been helping me out and being super nice so Its all good.

Soundboard Sound Skipping and Heating Up 2 months 2 days ago #65397

• Hollywood1975
It could very well be a bum batch, I did send it back for replacement. I agree that customer service is pretty good when issues arise.

Soundboard Sound Skipping and Heating Up 2 months 2 days ago #65404

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 83
As far as I can tell, this issue should be fixed now, as measured here:
https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/adaptive-saber-parts/11956-asp-electronics-fixed-sabercore-2-standby-fixed

But if you get any units which still have the issue, ask customer service about it. It's probably worth checking each driver for issues before relying on it much.
This is not the post you're looking for.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4612
  • Latest Member: Richardiubkcer
  • Total Posts: 48.7k
  • Total Topics: 3634
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 0