Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Broken ASP Saber, Design oversight issue

Broken ASP Saber, Design oversight issue 1 year 2 months ago #64974

• infernouk
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi guys

I have emailed support but never seem to get a response so wanted to drop this here in hope someone sees it.

I ordered an ASP saber and the hilt uses studs that protrude into the battery bay, this causes the battery/board component to be grated on by the studs when inserted, seemingly this has caused major damage to my electronics and rendered the saber useless.

I have included pics on the link below, essentially the stud design has grated on the circuit board and removed a component, I can't see anyone who has ordered this hilt and has these electronics being able to avoid this issue, its a major design oversight.

gallery of images here

Im hoping to hear from saberforge regarding this, I'm happy to file down the interior studs to allow for accommodation of the battery if new electronics can be provided, but they should be fixing this going forward for anyone else!
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by infernouk.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToyKeeper

Broken ASP Saber, Design oversight issue 1 year 2 months ago #64983

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Yikes. That does look like a big problem. How long have you waited to hear from support? In my experience, they usually respond within a week.

Broken ASP Saber, Design oversight issue 1 year 2 months ago #64986

• Elim Vos
  • Thank you received: 17
It would be easier to take them out and cut or sand them down yourself, given the time and money it would take to send it back to SF.
But with the board damage, I would send it back in.
"You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things you've created. The day will come when you can't hide from the things you have done anymore."
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Elim Vos.

Broken ASP Saber, Design oversight issue 1 year 2 months ago #64988

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1355
I would definitely send it in for any damage repair, and mention the protrusions in your notes. If it is indeed something that needs attention, this is how it happens.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Broken ASP Saber, Design oversight issue 1 year 2 months ago #64991

• infernouk
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah i can sand down the studs myself no problem.

Issue is its already damaged the electronics.

Im in the UK and import duty to send it backward and forward to saber forge is insanely expensive, I already had to pay £70 in customs duties just to be allowed to have it from customs.

Im not going to ship the whole thing over and pay customs a second time round on the return unless they will cover that cost as its associated with their design fault

Broken ASP Saber, Design oversight issue 1 year 2 months ago #64992

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1355
These are questions worth asking. Worse they can say is no, in which case you already have a plan. If they say yes, then you have another plan, and it is just a matter of choosing which way to go.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Broken ASP Saber, Design oversight issue 1 year 2 months ago #64993

• Elim Vos
  • Thank you received: 17
Okay, it looks like it can simply be resodered back in to place, if you know how to.
Or, and this might be a shot in the dark, contact JQsabers (there in the UK) and ask if they can help.
"You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things you've created. The day will come when you can't hide from the things you have done anymore."
The following user(s) said Thank You: ToyKeeper
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (13 Posts)
    • Maybe Drommund Kaas, and Korriban will be next on the list of planets to be "legitimized"? One can...
    • Thrawn was alive and in the Imperial military during those eras, so it's not like a massive...
    • Saberforge Talon help (4 Posts)
    • The closest thing I've experienced to the sound but no light issue and a saber flat out not wanting...
    • Another aspect of all this (with regards to the Legends topic), is that in this new era, LucasFilm...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (3 Posts)
    • Personally, I'd just go straight to the source and e-mail them. Nobody here is likely to know. It...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5121
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 20
  • Yesterday Answer: 24