Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: In-hilt recharge/Illuminated switch kits for ASP?

In-hilt recharge/Illuminated switch kits for ASP? 2 months 3 days ago #65900

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 43
With the announcement of ASP Professional Assembly packages, I wonder if in-hilt recharge kits, as well as illuminated av switch kits, would become available, especially for those with existing ASP sabers. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in wanting this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

In-hilt recharge/Illuminated switch kits for ASP? 2 months 2 days ago #65925

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 200
That would be really handy.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

In-hilt recharge/Illuminated switch kits for ASP? 2 months 2 days ago #65956

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 330
Good question. It will depend on how complicated the wiring becomes given the existing ASP Plug & Play without recharge port. The existing is pretty simple as you well know; one shorter blue wire from the battery holder/soundboard connects the switch and the other longer wire connects to the LED. If it is as simple as inserting a recharge port with three soldered wires; one to the battery holder/soundboard, one to the switch and one to the LED, then it's all good. My only concern, a theoretical one, is that space inside the hilt could get pretty tight with the extra wires depending on which hilt body you picked.
"I am the Senate"

In-hilt recharge/Illuminated switch kits for ASP? 2 months 1 day ago #65981

• Jas-Ot
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 70
I really think that depends entirely on what direction Phil wants to take SF and the ASP line in particular. I have no doubt that could be accomplished, but does it makes sense from a business and product sense? It all depends on what the long term goals and strategy are of the business and the product lines.

With the right investment and R&D into ASP I think SF is poised to render much of the "custom" saber competition obsolete or at least push them into an outlier category that wouldn't be a direct competition to SF.
2005 MR Anakin
2007 MR Joe Jedi
2016 SF Champion Bastion 12w+ purple
2016 Darth Revan custom built (ASP hilt)

In-hilt recharge/Illuminated switch kits for ASP? 2 months 1 day ago #66013

• Khang
  • Thank you received: 16
I am sure that a plug-n-play kit will be introduced for lit switches and recharge ports, since Phil has mentioned SF has managed to source some 3 and 4-pin connectors.

I see no way that they would be compatible with the existing plug-n-play kits. It would require a complete rewiring of your existing kit to accept the new connectors.

In-hilt recharge/Illuminated switch kits for ASP? 2 months 1 day ago #66044

• SFGrandMaster-Phil
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 220
That is correct, you would not be able to buy the connectors and send back your electronics and have us rewire it, it would be more work to do that than to just build a fresh electronics kit.

In-hilt recharge/Illuminated switch kits for ASP? 2 months 18 hours ago #66067

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 15
Would you be able to send back just the metal parts and buy the Pro install after the fact? I just recently bought an empty hilt that I would love to get the pro install treatment. I would have waited an bought it if I had known this was coming.

This is also something I could see someday doing with my Kickstarter ASP and would be willing to gut the electronics out of it and just send the metal parts if this were an option.

Edit: Found the answer to my own question on the Kickstarter Update comments:
Phillip Isherwood Creator 2 days ago
Yes you can send in an empty ASP hilt and purchase a professional assembly package on the site and have our team finish your build.

Can you confirm if quick connects are an option with pro install for if you want to do LED switching?
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. 1 ASP single blade[Ordered]
  3. Venom standard(Wife's)
Last Edit: 2 months 18 hours ago by Broll.

In-hilt recharge/Illuminated switch kits for ASP? 1 month 4 weeks ago #66154

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 43
@phil, I'd be willing to buy a new set of asp electronics that includes sound, an illuminated av switch, and a recharge port if it's available.

In-hilt recharge/Illuminated switch kits for ASP? 1 month 4 weeks ago #66225

• Davin
  • Thank you received: 11
Gnost-Dural wrote:
@phil, I'd be willing to buy a new set of asp electronics that includes sound, an illuminated av switch, and a recharge port if it's available.

Seconded, I'd be all over a new plug and play kit with recharge port capabilities.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4643
  • Latest Member: Judsonkar
  • Total Posts: 49k
  • Total Topics: 3667
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 0