Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: List of Electronics Parts needed for DIY

List of Electronics Parts needed for DIY 1 year 2 months ago #66523

• hugmeister
Cant see this posted or on the saberrforge parts shop - is there a list of all the parts needed?

I would have thought a diagram would be pretty useful?

also on the plug and play -

https://www.shopsaberparts.com/collections/plug-and-play-electronics/products/champsled

are these compatable with in hilt recharge?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

List of Electronics Parts needed for DIY 1 year 2 months ago #66558

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
Hey Hugmeister, Welcome to Saberforge! You picked a great time to get into the hobby.

For the plug and play sets, you'll need a battery (PCB protected 18650 cell), a plug-and-play LED module, some type of battery charger (the ones on shopsaberparts aren't the highest quality), and one the following sets:

-The plug-and-play stunt kit and a plug-and-play latching switch

-The plug-and-play champion kit and a plug-and-play momentary switch

Hot glue may also be useful in holding the switch in, but in my ASP hilt the switch fits fairly snugly and doesn't really require any.

The stunt kit and champion kits have two pairs of wires you'll need to use. One connects to the switch contacts on the board and the other to the LED contacts on the board. Since neither sets of leads is actually involved in wiring the recharge port, both kits would require modification in the assembly to allow an in-hilt recharge port to be used. For the champion kit the main issue is that neither of the leads are connected directly to the battery- the LED leads connect to the LED pads and the switch leads connect to the switch pads of the soundboard. To work properly the recharge port would need to be wired as shown:

This means you would need to:

1. Remove the liquid electrical tape and velcro near the power contacts on the board and the battery holder. Make sure the battery is removed from the holder at this point.
2. Desolder the connection between the battery negative and the board negative.
3. Solder a lead between the middle port contact and the board negative.
4. Solder the outermost port contact and the battery holder negative.
5. Solder the positive port contact to either the board or battery holder positive.
6. Reapply some liquid electrical tape as insulation and stick some velcro on there to hold the battery in and provide friction to hold the assembly still in the hilt.

Needless to say, you need some experience with electronics and need to be willing to risk busting the soundboard. This would also void your warranty. The final result would also have a deal more soldered connections than you'd expect in a plug-and-play kit. If you decide to do this, also make sure your battery is protected! Shorting the ends of the battery together (due to messy connections) without that would end very, very badly.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Snakeeyz99. Reason: S&G
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I'd really like to see someone take some black enamel to the inscriptions and engraved lines to make...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 25