Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: LED Question

LED Question 1 year 1 month ago #67407

• Cirdale
Hey!

I were wondering, the Saberforge LED Quick Connects they sell on the website, is it the same as the ASP LED in the modular website? Cause the heatsink looks different, chromed compared to black.

Reason I'm wondering is, I got a Disciple coming in champion tier with quick connects, and I plan on placing an order this Monday for a Sentinel champion tier with quick connects.

Further down the line, I want to add more colors to the sabers, and I want to do a ASP build. So I figured, if they are the same, I can place an order for all the colors I want for my already owned sabers.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LED Question 1 year 1 month ago #67437

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
They have 2 types of Led modules, the black one and the silver one, The silver one is threaded as the front side of the lens for attaching to thin neck emitters, the black ones are not. I'm sure you could ask for a black style during check out. They sell the black one in the DIY electronics section of ASP( you would have to buy a Lens and Led and solder yourself) and the Accessories SF. if your using a none thin neck emitter the silver will still work fine. I usually just order the silver ones, cause I have a fondness of thin neck emitters, making my modules more versatile.
The quick connects of the older SF were different than the ASP are now, I don't know if the newer SF changed or not since all my SF sabers are older versions.

LED Question 1 year 1 month ago #67465

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
The LED modules you'll find on the main site and Etsy should be interchangeable, if not equal. I think the main site heat sinks used to be bigger (my old QC modules don't fit in some ASP emitters), but I think there was an across-the-board size reduction at the release . Mine have arrived as either black or silver... I'm not sure if there is a pattern to this, since I haven't really thought about it before.

There should be no difference electrically, so you may just notice the LED size difference which may affect the location of the module in the emitter slightly. Everything else should be okay though.

LED Question 1 year 1 month ago #67571

• Cirdale
Ooh, excellent :)

Thanks!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I'd really like to see someone take some black enamel to the inscriptions and engraved lines to make...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 25