Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: recharge port in the ASP graflex switch?

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67760

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 43
I got an ASP graflex for my wife's Rey costume for halloween, and unfortunately had some issues with the original soundboard I received. I sent it back in (along with the switch section in case that might have been part of the problem), and they sent me back a soundboard that included a recharge port, and has a shrink wrap around the battery. This was a bit of an issue because the ASP graflex switch doesn't have the hole for the recharge port, so I had no way to set it up where this recharge port was accessible. When I brought this up to CS, they advised me to send back in for them to set the switch up, and that they're going with these new setups for the soundcard due to multiple issues with the old setup. I suppose I'm curious if any1 has setup a graflex switch with a recharge port, and where they drilled the hole? I don't know if I like going even further from the screen accurate version than this already is (actually already bought an aftermarket glass eye and bubble card to move it closer to screen accurate), and think a recharge port and kill key around the switch section could really hurt the overall aesthetics of the saber. Not sure what to do here, or what their plans for making this work are...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67764

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 637
Good question. I am guessing that based on where the recharge ports are in the Prodigal Son and the Redeemer, perhaps the recharge port might be drilled in with the Graflex switch section, i.e. below the bubble card. The Prodigal and Redeemer switch boxes house both the recharge port and the switch itself.
"I am the Senate"

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67777

• golgo13
  • Thank you received: 21
A switch that has a control box will have two 12mm holes drilled under the card. one for the switch, one for the port. see
https://saberforgeforum.com/forum/open-topics/12045-crystal-redeemer-tiny-kill-key-replacements#65912 for example
the card will come made to slide aside to reveal the charge port. The problem is the kill key may be difficult to remove due to tight space. Do a search on the forum for kill key and control box you will find several discussions about this.

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67781

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
I ended up getting keys 3d printed from Shapeway, and did my own custom deal on the switch covers on my prodigal son and redeemer, I'll take some pictures later when I have time, it works pretty well...and I didn't have to use the latching switch with cut in half o-rings.

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67787

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
This how did my switch on my redeemer and PS, with the charge port looks, Also threw in a picture of my custom blade plug. but on your subject, these set up uses the 2 holes that come with the Redeemer/PS's one for the recharge and other for the 12mm momentary, but what you can't see it the flat tactile switch I put under the cardboard at the front section for the 3rd aux for the igniter 2. I drilled a small hole down by the screw for the box and ran the wires for it, and just made sure the tactile switch was insulated so it doesn't short. you could do it this way, use the hole for the recharge and drill a small hold for the switch and get a small flat tactile switch.

Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Vechaljian.

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67790

• Salacious B Crumb
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 43
Unfortunately the ASP graflex switch is a much different design than the activation box on the redeemer and prodigal son. I don't think there's any way to get the recharge port under the bubble card from what I can see underneath it.

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67791

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
Salacious B Crumb wrote:
Unfortunately the ASP graflex switch is a much different design than the activation box on the redeemer and prodigal son. I don't think there's any way to get the recharge port under the bubble card from what I can see underneath it.
Does the bubble card slide? I guess I assumed it was kind of like the redeemers/PS, I guess could order one and see what I could invent, but id never get it done before Halloween. take a picture of where the switch goes I could get a idea. Maybe stuff a 1.3mm port somewhere, its smaller and square.

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67792

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
No recharge hole? I was able to install a recharge port on mine: ASP Graflex Review I go into what mods I made in the review.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by h2soy.

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67914

• Merentha
  • Thank you received: 1
Here's what I ended up doing for my graflex switch. The bubble card comes glued to the switch, but mine popped off really easily, revealing the spare hole that I installed the recharge port in. I also replaced the latching switch with a momentary one while I was at it. I glued a couple of 1/16" thick neodymium magnets to the switch and card so it can be removed for charging and snaps back into place nicely.

Video of it in action

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67935

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
That's good work, I was happy with my work but now.. do you by chance have a link for where I can get those magnets?

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67938

• Merentha
  • Thank you received: 1
https://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=D41

That thickness aligns the card really nicely - cheap too. I think I'll be trying the custom kill key like you did since the one it comes with is slightly too high to fit under the card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vechaljian

recharge port in the ASP graflex switch? 1 year 1 month ago #67944

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
Thanks I ordered some, I have lots of other uses for them, gonna try a magnetic effect switch for aux using one of these.

also here is the link for the kill keys I use.
http://www.shapeways.com/product/TTXEEY3S8/kill-key-x-4-with-on-off-slot?optionId=59027350
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I'd really like to see someone take some black enamel to the inscriptions and engraved lines to make...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 25