Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Switch section

Switch section 1 year 1 month ago #67980

• Dav Yeager
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 129
Might of been asked before but here I go
When you order a switch section does it come with a filler plug for the extra button hole?
The light shall burn away the darkness
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Switch section 1 year 1 month ago #67993

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1680
Dav Yeager wrote:
Might of been asked before but here I go
When you order a switch section does it come with a filler plug for the extra button hole?
The Filler-plug (or faux switch) is a standard inclusion, if they remember, so Yes. If they forget, then No. :dry:

Switch section 1 year 1 month ago #68002

• Dav Yeager
  • Platinum Member
lol I'll be sure to ask then

Switch section 1 year 1 month ago #68138

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Wow, I didn't know that. I've never gotten the little filler, but I didn't ask either. :whistle:

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Switch section 1 year 1 month ago #68151

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1680
HotRod wrote:
Wow, I didn't know that. I've never gotten the little filler, but I didn't ask either. :whistle:

Just by example. The one on the left seats perfectly recessed in a switch hole where (the holes) are primarily drilled into the curves of a Hilt (where switch plates/guards/boxes are N/A).
The one on the right (whilst arrived chipped) is completely flat and IMO is as effective as having an arsehole on your elbow. Unnecessary as the QC'd switch part is checklist'd with no guard/plate/box.

Not phased really as I treat them like the spare buttons that are sewn onto business shirt tags.

There was a time (maybe it's still current IDK) that some (or all) switch parts came with either two pre-drilled holes and three. This was maybe pre-PnP V2 or maybe that Hero setups are going the dual mini-tactiles instead, IDK, but when a V2 PnP Kit is purchased simultaneous to the Hilt (with a QC'd switch part with two holes) and said V2 PnP comes with charge Port as default requiring the additional LED and Switch, the two buttons thrown in are like the decorative plastic parsley garnish on top of a meat pie. Now if V1 PnP Kit was purchased (Warrior/Champion) where there did result in a surplus empty hole, I can see the reason for their inclusion.

Maybe it's a: if you need them, you might get them and if you don't need them, you definitely get them? :huh: :lol:

Or maybe (my current head-space is influenced by a crazy work day), I should strike all of above and celebrate that I received a BONUS pair of buttons? :woohoo:
One of the other voices is now saying that it's there in case the internals are removed from this Hilt and either stored separate to the Hilt or for transplanting into another empty Hilt. :)
Another voice then reasons: But if that's the case, when the switch and charge port require to be glued-down and both don't have locking nuts, a transplant won't be easy? :dry:
:silly: I'm nuts. Just reference the attached image. :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: HotRod

Switch section 1 year 1 month ago #68160

• Dav Yeager
  • Platinum Member
I just asked just incase
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I'd really like to see someone take some black enamel to the inscriptions and engraved lines to make...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 25