Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 3 weeks ago #68364

• afterburner
:( :angry:
After a shipping delay my PnP Hero kit arrived 'sans' SD card and will not come on.
Does anyone have a copy of the configuration file which should have been on the Micro SD card which should have been in the board?
Also, can anyone direct me to configuration instructions or reference material of any kind for using this board?
I was seriously disappointed in the lack of quality control which allowed this board to be shipped without the SD card.
Also, are you supposed to just hot glue the switch in the housing? The construction of the switch is a little cheap and there appears to be no other way to attach it into the switch housing.

I would appreciate any help or feedback from Forum members, thanks guys!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 3 weeks ago #68371

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1362
Here is the link to the NEC page for the Hero Tier board (which is a Spark Color 2).

Hero Board Link

As for the SD card, you can contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. about the omission, and I am sure they will help you make it right.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 3 weeks ago #68374

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
Here the manual link for SP2. http://www.saberigniter.com/downloads/Spark%20Color%20SC2-R2.pdf
It's easier to just watch a you tube video than trying to figure the manual out.
Also contact SF there are always super helpful and take good care of there customers. We all make mistakes being human and all.

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 3 weeks ago #68375

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
afterburner wrote:
After a shipping delay my PnP Hero kit arrived 'sans' SD card and will not come on.
Does anyone have a copy of the configuration file which should have been on the Micro SD card which should have been in the board?
Also, can anyone direct me to configuration instructions or reference material of any kind for using this board?
I was seriously disappointed in the lack of quality control which allowed this board to be shipped without the SD card.
Also, are you supposed to just hot glue the switch in the housing? The construction of the switch is a little cheap and there appears to be no other way to attach it into the switch housing.

The config editor is actually pretty easy to use - play around with it for 5-10 minutes and you'll get the hang of it.

As far the switch, the holes drilled are not tapped, so there's only a couple ways to "attach" the switch. There should be a thin hex nut that will tighten down on the threads on the switch to help hold it in place (Inside the hilt). From there you have a couple options, Glue, or solder the hex nut/switch to the inside of the hilt. Glue is the far easier option. I don't know that SF includes the hex nut on their installs. Depending on how much wiring there is on the switch, it may be impossible to fit it over the resistor and any connectors.

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 3 weeks ago #68379

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
I just received my ASP hero kit today, also no SD card. I have a spare so I can get by in the meantime. Let me know what the CSRs say, afterburner!

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 3 weeks ago #68383

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 183
No SD card either in mine, but I have all these files already set up for different Sabers, so I just made one myself. Everything works fine otherwise.

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 3 weeks ago #68472

• herooftheday95
afterburner wrote:

I just received mine today, and I have the exact same issues. My order was delayed due to a "quality control issue" but it appears it has not been resolved. Did you have any luck getting it to boot and getting the proper files loaded onto a card? Also, did you contact saberforge? If so what did they say? I sent and email today and am still waiting to hear back. :(

Update: In addition to that, I did get the saber half working. It appears the controls are upside down. I'm not sure if its the hardware, or the software, but when right-side-up, it thinks it is upside down. The hero electronics are installed with the speaker down towards the pommel since it makes sense with the switches and that's the only way they will fit. Am I crazy here? What am I doing wrong? Is it the software or hardware?
Last Edit: 1 year 3 weeks ago by herooftheday95.

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 3 weeks ago #68497

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
There's a setting for this if you plug the SD card into a computer to use the Spark Configuration Editor. I believe it's called orientation, and it should be set to "SD Card Facing Emitter" due to the orientation of the board in the new electronics (the old setup was "SD Card Facing Pommel").
The following user(s) said Thank You: herooftheday95

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 3 weeks ago #68501

• herooftheday95
Thanks! I did figure that out today after playing with the software. I'm still learning, but seems I have a better grasp now after just messing with it. Still waiting to hear back on the SD card.

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 2 weeks ago #68544

• jedi case
  • Thank you received: 2
Mine didn't come with a SD card either. Rather disappointed because it's just sitting here and won't even turn on.

I went and bought a sd card today and even down loaded some fonts from saberfont. I can't get anything to work! I read the manual, watched videos, etc. under editor I goto open and it doesn't recognize a single thing. What gives! I'm so frustrated right now...

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 2 weeks ago #68546

• jedi case
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks to Scott, he walked me through getting it all to work! Loaded the TFA sound font to my Graflex and bam, it's working! Actually I came on accidenlty and scared the crap outa me and my wife. This card and speaker is so LOUD compared to all the other sabers I own!

I'm stoked and this has become my facorite saber.

As for everything else, Saberforge should at least, at the minimum tell the customer what to expect and provide the sd card it came with the pre loaded files to alleviate any confusion of disappointment.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iivan

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 2 weeks ago #68710

• Iivan
In kind of the same boat as everyone else in this thread v.v can imagine the look on my face when I tore into the packaging and hooked all the electronics up to see..
Nothing...
No SD card so no light and sound..
Oh well.. Am I right in thinking I can get away with a small sized SD card (like.. 4 gig or something?) or would I need a decent amount of storage?

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 2 weeks ago #68719

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 693
4GB is the standaard for Spark and Spark Color, so no worries there. If you're not using giant 99-sound fonts, you won't eat up the space anywho.

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 2 weeks ago #68721

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
Yeah, I have a 32 GB card in mine because I had it on hand. Now there's 31.9GB of free space on it :P Time to load it with SaberTracks I guess?

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 1 week ago #68867

• Khaalis
  • Thank you received: 5
Have any of you gotten any Fix from SF about all the missing SD cards? Or has it become SOP to ship without and make people get their own?

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 1 week ago #68868

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
It must be some sort of collective community "brain fart" when it comes to shipping soundboards lately, because recently TCSS was accidentally sending out PRIZM boards with blank SD cards. :lol:

And on the topic on SD cards, Scott (aka Naigon) has said that future Igniter 2 boards will be shipping with 8GB class 10 cards, and which would also be available for Spark 2 and Spark Color 2 orders for $1.50 extra.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 1 week ago #68869

• Khaalis
Really? They're charging extra for the SD card thats supposed to be on the board? Not sure how I feel about that.

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 1 week ago #68870

• Khaalis
Side Question: Any news on when the Plug-and-Play Hero Sound Kits will be back in stock?

I think I'm holding off an considering an order until:
1) The Crystal Chambers announced in Feb become reality
2) The Hero PNP are available again

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 1 week ago #68872

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Khaalis wrote:
Really? They're charging extra for the SD card thats supposed to be on the board? Not sure how I feel about that.

An extra $1.50 to upgrade from a 4GB card to an 8GB, if buying the Spark 2 or Spark Color 2 soundboards direct from Naigon. 8GB is now standard for the Igniter 2 (having 16 fonts and the different apps was filling 4GBs really quick).

Though unless you are plan on having 99 files for each sound type in every font bank, and each sound being like 30+ seconds, I don't see Spark 2s really needing that big of a card.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

SD Card Configuration for Hero PnP Kit 1 year 1 week ago #68873

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
Jaden Korr wrote:
Khaalis wrote:

An extra $1.50 to upgrade from a 4GB card to an 8GB, if buying the Spark 2 or Spark Color 2 soundboards direct from Naigon. 8GB is now standard for the Igniter 2 (having 16 fonts and the different apps was filling 4GBs really quick).

Though unless you are plan on having 99 files for each sound type in every font bank, and each sound being like 30+ seconds, I don't see Spark 2s really needing that big of a card.

Maybe someone wants to use their saber as an MP3 player... 99 full length SaberTracks files might do it :p
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I'd really like to see someone take some black enamel to the inscriptions and engraved lines to make...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 25