Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Jade Fire Emitter

Jade Fire Emitter 1 year 2 weeks ago #68548

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 110
I have a question about the emitter I thought might be able to get answered here. I've been working on a design and like the black hardware of the weathered version. I don't want the hilt to be the standard dark weathering and was curious if anyone here knew if all the additional parts can be removed so the base emitter can be sanded to the desired look. I tried looking around the internet but couldn't find much on the subject. I also asked SFCS what is possible, but expect a reply to take a few days.
Weathered

Dual Tone

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Jade Fire Emitter 1 year 2 weeks ago #68559

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1680
jonnys95s10 wrote:
was curious if anyone here knew if all the additional parts can be removed so the base emitter can be sanded to the desired look.

Green circles: Yes, using a 3/32 size allen key for all.
Green Arrows: Faux box sits atop a curved plate.
Lime Green Arrows: Larger round greeblie is glued as too are the sectional T-grips. Haven't gotten around to applying heat to the glued parts yet for removal. I've got the blue-tinge happening around the emitter, different to the black-stripped for the rest and am thinking of ways to execute the same, sand-down to blend.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jonnys95s10

Jade Fire Emitter 1 year 2 weeks ago #68574

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
[/center]

Thanks OverAHst,

I should of figured in your growing collection you would have what I'm looking for. I noticed in your photos that it has the silver and not black hardware. Did you order it that way or did saberforge just send it that way?

As for sanding the emitter end, if you have a old blade or a dowel rod from the local hardware store you could use that as a spindle. Hold that with a piece of sand paper in one hand and just keep spinning the emitter with the other. That will keep the sanding circular like it is now. From the photo you definitely got a black that was actually deep blue. :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Jade Fire Emitter 1 year 2 weeks ago #68578

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1680
jonnys95s10 wrote:
I should of figured in your growing collection you would have what I'm looking for.
B)
I noticed in your photos that it has the silver and not black hardware. Did you order it that way or did saberforge just send it that way?
My image reference was from a non-ASP Jade in a V2 finish ordered a while back. V1 & Silver from ASP is consistent to image reference from shopsaberparts with the hardware being silver and respectively, V2 & Black being well.. black.
Mine came like that, which is the preferred, as it was known to require sanding and edge/corner softening that would have exposed silver afterwards, so it worked out well (mostly). Still debating painting the hardware a different colour with complimenting the accessories and the rest of the hilts finish. Have benched that hilt for now.
As for sanding the emitter end, if you have a old blade or a dowel rod from the local hardware store you could use that as a spindle. Hold that with a piece of sand paper in one hand and just keep spinning the emitter with the other. That will keep the sanding circular like it is now.
Thanks for this. :) I'm guessing that it will be specific to an isolated emitter born from ASP only though right and notso much as a pre-build? But when you write using an old blade as a spindle (kinda like a holding peg during painting applications?) is that still by hand or do you mean as attachment to a bench grinder? Cos to-date, have just been wrapping various grit sandpaper around the squared/tapered top-end of chopsticks and the pointy ends and just alternating.
From the photo you definitely got a black that was actually deep blue. :(
Yeah the face is pretty frowny. I actually got ASP Jade and Vengeance Emitter's too but have a dialogue with CS about it. The blue-black on my V2 as a prebuild I wouldn't have thought would happen given the explanations and can only conclude an ASP part was used for the build that explains the difference from the emitter to the rest of the hilt.

The dialogue I have is addressing a different matter separate to the blue-black rather that there's two types of black in the received parts. i.e. it has been reasoned that two different Black processes are used, one is anodised black with an anodised clear coat and the other painted black with a semi-gloss top coat. What I then ended up with (when ordering all pieces black) is some parts are high gloss (like enamel) Black and the other parts a matte black.
Not much better than the blue-black vs stripped-black. :angry:

Jade Fire Emitter 1 year 2 weeks ago #68594

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
My image reference was from a non-ASP Jade in a V2 finish ordered a while back.

Typing before my morning coffee and should of realized that was the website V2 as I remember the photos. I'm actually planning to remove the box completely so not worried about the sharp edges there. is the glued on grip section very sharp? Not a deal breaker if I have to weather it some for comfort.
Thanks for this. :) I'm guessing that it will be specific to an isolated emitter born from ASP only though right and notso much as a pre-build? But when you write using an old blade as a spindle (kinda like a holding peg during painting applications?) is that still by hand or do you mean as attachment to a bench grinder? Cos to-date, have just been wrapping various grit sandpaper around the squared/tapered top-end of chopsticks and the pointy ends and just alternating.

You could do this just making sure the led is secure and using it as a stop. You wouldn't want lots of pressure. If you held it with both hands I would think you could get a full circle. You could do it in a bench vise also.

Jade Fire Emitter 1 year 2 weeks ago #68601

• Burns3558
  • Elite Member
  • The force is strong in my family...
  • Thank you received: 57
If you wanna make the anodizing go bye bye the easy way just spray some "easy off" grill cleaner on the parts and wait 10 minutes then wipe it all off. It's that simple. I just took a whole black reliant and made it silver with a couple sprays of that stuff.

Jade Fire Emitter 1 year 2 weeks ago #68659

• jonnys95s10
  • Premium Member
Got a response from SFCS today. I guess you can get all the parts separate when ordering and assemble yourself.
Hello! Most all of the buttons on the Jade can be removed, some may be glued in but you can request that we not glue any of the cosmetic buttons on in your order notes.

May the Forge be with you!
India

---
SaberForge Customer Service
"Perfecting the Art of the Saber"
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by jonnys95s10.

Jade Fire Emitter 1 year 2 weeks ago #68662

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
One thing I heard to get glued parts off is to put them in the freezer. NOT ELECTRONICS or LED!!!! lol
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (7 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • Quote: Hey! Let's not forget Qui-Gon and Mace Windu. Those are a couple great characters. Actually, I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 25