Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Electronics In Initiate Apprentice Sabers

ASP Electronics In Initiate Apprentice Sabers 1 year 1 week ago #68860

• Thereisnotrike
I found some other topics mentioning this idea, but no anecdotal evidence. Has anyone bought an empty Apprentice saber and put a Warrior or Champion ASP light/sound kit in it? If so, was it difficult to do since Apprentice sabers are one solid piece?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP Electronics In Initiate Apprentice Sabers 8 months 3 weeks ago #72574

• DD003
  • Thank you received: 1
I just finished installing a Warrior tier PnP kit into what was a Warrior tier Disciple. Reason I made the switch is because I bought it in 6W (non-PnP) and it just wasn't bright enough compared to my ASP 12W+, now the troubles I had were mainly drilling out the old switch (because Saberforge glues them in) and trying to fit all of the wires into such a small hilt. Once the old stuff was out and I basically had an empty hilt everything slid in like a glove, except for the fact that the latching switch was almost too big for the hilt. you probably cant fit a piece of paper between the back of the hilt and the end of the switch and you'll have to glue the switch back in because the nut they give you would be a nightmare to try and get on. SO, once you get the switch glued in and everything snug now comes the fun part of trying to jam pack all of those wires that connect to the LED inside that tiny (and in the Disciples case, thin) space between the switch and where the LED needs to sit in order for the screw to hold the LED tight. It will take a good amount of time and headache but it will all fit. (I used a sharpie to push the LED down and tighten the screw at the same time.) All in all it took me a little over an hour to completely gut the saber and give it new parts. Hope this helps.

P.S. I have the champion PnP in my ASP, personally I am not a fan of it. the power up is fine but the clash is either too sensitive or not sensitive enough and the movement sound loops often. not anywhere near a real saber. not to mention when powering down you have to hold the switch for around five seconds before it starts to shut off. may not sound like a long time but trust me it is.

Good Luck with your install. Any questions feel free to message me
1) ASP saber (no name) - Champion 12w+ Green
2) ASP saber (valor) - Warrior 12w+ Light Blue
3) Apprentice Disciple - Champion 12w+ Purple
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Chrome Bane Mk2 (1 Posts)
    • So Brax just leaked a sneak peak at his new amazing chromed Bane Mk2, inscribed with the sith creed:...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (6 Posts)
    • Quote: It's gotta be Old Republic for Sith and Jedi mass combat. The Skywalker saga is worn out. Maybe even...
    • A Preview (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Oh my, where is my bib when I need it Re: the bane mk2 Is this a custom shop job? How would one...
    • A Preview (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Awesome sabers Brax! That is one shiny Bane and the etching looks cool. Tell me, did you specially...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (6 Posts)
    • It's gotta be Old Republic for Sith and Jedi mass combat. The Skywalker saga is worn out. Maybe even...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5120
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 24