Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP parts coming loose

ASP parts coming loose 5 months 4 days ago #69036

• jhandsaker
  • Thank you received: 5
I have a few questions for all you who've had your ASP sabers for a while. Have any of you had your saber components start to unscrew after some duelling use? If so how have you fixed it? Eg, using thread tape or something similar.

I've had sabers where the pommel started to unscrew due to the percussion of being hit against something and thought it may be a viable concern for a saber that's whole premise is that it's threaded together.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP parts coming loose 5 months 4 days ago #69041

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 209
You can glue the part together with Loctite on the threads which is mostly permanent, super glue which is a little easier to force apart.

I prefer using the heavy duty plumbers tape, you can get it in gray and it works great for a non permanent solution that also can blend in well with the hilt. It also takes ink well, so you could color it with a permanenmt marker for black in case you need to cover up some exposed threads.

ASP parts coming loose 5 months 4 days ago #69042

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 445
Loctite is excellent, so long as the parts are not exposed to high heat because the Loctite will loosen. Otherwise use Epoxy.
"I am the Senate"

ASP parts coming loose 5 months 4 days ago #69046

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 513
ASP saber, what parts are coming loose? Emitter, switch and body could be thread locked, but some Teflon tape could be used to help secure the pommel. Since it has to be removed to charge your battery right?
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Securing PnP kit (10 Posts)
    • You'll likely find that the PnP Kit will be snug enough already (Kit OD against the Hilts ID). If...
    • Finally received some ASP... (2 Posts)
    • Today I received my Venom body and Jade Fire pommel, both in standard finish. I was afraid that the...
    • Hi OOBram, The difference with Heat Shrink and Bubble Wrap is that Heat Shrink is in close contact...
    • Is static electricity an issue, when the pnp kit is shrinkwrapped already?

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4815
  • Latest Member: StephenIsota
  • Total Posts: 54.2k
  • Total Topics: 4396
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 35