Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Auto shutoff

Auto shutoff 3 months 2 weeks ago #69084

• berjite
Awhile ago, I contacted SaberForge to ask if their sabers had an auto shutoff, because I wanted to get a couple and leave them plugged in as part of a display. I was told they did not. So great, I got my first one a few weeks ago, but just got everything set up recently. The saber turns off about every four minutes, and if I plug it in, the plug acts as a kill-key, and the saber won't turn on at all.
Am I doing something wrong here, or is there something wrong with the saber? It's an ASP with a Champion sound card, if that helps.
Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Auto shutoff 3 months 2 weeks ago #69085

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1526
berjite wrote:
Awhile ago, I contacted SaberForge to ask if their sabers had an auto shutoff, because I wanted to get a couple and leave them plugged in as part of a display. I was told they did not. So great, I got my first one a few weeks ago, but just got everything set up recently. The saber turns off about every four minutes, and if I plug it in, the plug acts as a kill-key, and the saber won't turn on at all.
Am I doing something wrong here, or is there something wrong with the saber? It's an ASP with a Champion sound card, if that helps.
Thanks.
I could be mistaken but it sounds like you received the default charge-port setup. I'd suggest you revisit your email correspondence with Customer Service (however long ago the 'awhile' is defined) and compare it against your Order Notes (from Confirmation Email) to check if the 'nightlite' specific instruction was requested. The default setup will have all power killed when the port is closed. What (I believe) you were wanting is the opposite. Send an email to CS and resume a dialogue with them. :)

Nightlite, as referenced in FAQs..

Auto shutoff 3 months 2 weeks ago #69240

• berjite
I contacted Customer Care and asked about a different kind of recharge port. They had no idea what I was talking about, and said with the hilt plugged in, the saber will shut off.

Auto shutoff 3 months 2 weeks ago #69242

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1526
berjite wrote:
I contacted Customer Care and asked about a different kind of recharge port. They had no idea what I was talking about, and said with the hilt plugged in, the saber will shut off.
:blink: Sounds strange. I would understand if you were advised that it's no longer done because of policy change but they didn't? :huh: Still, even with your earlier enquiries about the auto-shut off, you were advised no when in fact it is yes so I can only imagine some confusion has occurred somewhere along the way. The copied image reference from the Forum FAQs was compiled by a former Admin and it stands as accurate. I don't know if it'll assist with clarification, but perhaps reference the image text with CS to determine specifically what is requested and if it can be supplied.

Auto shutoff 3 months 2 weeks ago #69244

• berjite
Now I'm pretty sure I don't even want the Nightlite port. I've gone to the FAQ and read other posts about it, and having the Nightlite completely negates the purpose of having the in-hilt port. I could leave it plugged in as a display, but it wouldn't be charged. Mine is an ASP, so to charge it, I'd have to open it up and take all the electronics out to get at the battery. Seems like there could be a menu option for charging/Nightlite.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• 2.0 Thumbscrews (1 Posts)
    • Prior to getting a 2.0, I was convinced that the metal glass eye would make no difference to me,...
    • Saberforge ASP Rebel Reli... (5 Posts)
    • Black Series Kana Jarrus 6" figure review posted yesterday above to show his Rebel lightsaber. :)...
    • Reward points (4 Posts)
    • No just 1 at a time but if you save enough points it's like getting stuff free
    • 12w White LED Resistor Qu... (2 Posts)
    • I'm 90% sure that they don't need resistors. My Frost module doesn't have them either and it works...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4626
  • Latest Member: BespokeHero
  • Total Posts: 52.9k
  • Total Topics: 4212
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 113
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 19
  • Yesterday Answer: 22