Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Convert Saberforge Bastion Warrior to Champion

Convert Saberforge Bastion Warrior to Champion 11 months 1 day ago #69982

• tyrgandr
Hello folks, I hop you all can help me with this project for my son's Christmas present.

He already has a SF Bastion Warrior edition, and has been wanting sound for some time. For Christmas I want to get him the parts needed to do this but I know nothing about these things.

It looks like I will need just the "PnP Champion Sound Kit V2" and the "PnP Light Up Switch". Is this all we need to get?

Also I am confused about the sound font. There are two choices, Crimson and Veridium. What are the differences between them, and which would you suggest? His blade is blue and the hilt is standard silver finish.

Thank you all for any help, and Merry Christmas!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Convert Saberforge Bastion Warrior to Champion 11 months 1 day ago #69985

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
I haven't used the PnP kits, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's all you will need. You may need to solder the LED to the LED leads. The kit has the quick connects on it, and your warrior LED may not. That's not a hard thing to do, but if you don't have solder, or an iron then you might as well just buy a PnP LED too. Youd end up spending almost as much on the stuff you'd need to do a good solder job.

As for the board differences, the viridian font is more of a "light side" font. It sounds a little closer to the classic saber sounds from the movies and features a blaster block effect when you hit the switch (sounds like an AT-AT firing). The crimson is more the "dark side" font. It's has a little deeper growl to it and the button effect is force lightning.

I have a bastion with the viridian font in it and it sounds fantastic in that hilt.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tyrgandr

Convert Saberforge Bastion Warrior to Champion 11 months 22 hours ago #70008

• tyrgandr
OK, I will go ahead and order the PnP LED as well, and choose the Veridium. This was a huge help, Jas-Ot thank you.

Convert Saberforge Bastion Warrior to Champion 11 months 13 hours ago #70012

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
tyrgandr wrote:
OK, I will go ahead and order the PnP LED as well, and choose the Veridium. This was a huge help, Jas-Ot thank you.

You are very welcome
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (7 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • Quote: Hey! Let's not forget Qui-Gon and Mace Windu. Those are a couple great characters. Actually, I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 25