Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: LED Switch mod? Or just replace

LED Switch mod? Or just replace 2 months 3 weeks ago #70500

• HyperBluPanda
Hey all I'm new to this saber business, unfortunately I made a small error when purchasing my Adaptive saber parts. I purchased an LED switch and not the normal one, I assumed that the LED switch was purely cosmetic. Anyways I was curious if it would be possible to remove the plug on the switch and solder a micro dean connector to it and still get the LED working. I know its a very silly mistake, and I wanted to consult with others before I purchase another switch. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

LED Switch mod? Or just replace 2 months 3 weeks ago #70507

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 173
You should be able to use the lighted switch with a bit of handiwork. The switch should have 4 wires and a just connector, and I'm guessing your kit turned out to be a V1 kit that used micro deans. You'll just need to remove the connector from the switch and wire the two switch (not switch LED) leads to an additional micro deans to allow it to be connected/ disconnected.

Later on if you want to light the LED up you can add some more leads, a Dyna-Ohm resistor (unless you plan on calculating a resistor), and some micro deans between the switch LED leads and the soundboard. Using the LED contacts would turn the switch light on when the blade is illuminated and wiring to the power contacts would keep the switch lit whenever the battery is inserted.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Dismantling Gladiator emi... (1 Posts)
    • Hello! I would like to do some basic sanding of some areas of my Gladiator emitter. I don't want to...
    • Saberforge New Apprentice... (24 Posts)
    • Black Prodigy on order for me to tailor the weathering to my own taste. Seems I'll have to paint the...
    • First ASP designs (433 Posts)
    • Hi themetalstickman, Congrats on your first two designs. I say first two designs because I'm sure...
    • Custom Guardian 12W+ (43 Posts)
    • Wow, can't believe I missed this one :woohoo: Is that Black Chrome or another finish? Looks...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4746
  • Latest Member: posylka-iz-kitayahasisseoriede
  • Total Posts: 53.9k
  • Total Topics: 4351
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 27