Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Dimensions of electronic bits

Dimensions of electronic bits 10 months 16 hours ago #70967

• Dioggi
  • Thank you received: 1
Let's get this out of the way: I fully understand that cutting open and disassembling the parts in the shrink wrap chassis voids the warranty. Do not attempt to modify or disassemble your shrink wrapped parts unless you know what you're doing.

Now then, I'm planning to do a proper chassis build for my ASP. The Champion wiring is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long for my hilt (body 6 with Vigilant switch) and coils up something awful, putting unnecessary stress on the soldering joints on the switches. Before I cut into my shrink wrapped stuff, id love to know if anyone has the dimensions for the soundboard, vibration motor, and battery. It'd be good info for other future builders to have too, so let's get that info out there!

I'm not particularly patient, so I'll update this post with dimensions should I cut into it before anyone replies. Thanks gang!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dimensions of electronic bits 9 months 4 weeks ago #71022

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
I don't have any dimensions for you, but here's what to expect if you open it up.

This is a hero tier, so expect a slightly different soundboard, but it should be pretty similar. The champion tier may not have diodes between the rumble and LED power since it doesn't need to account for color mixing.

The battery should be ~69.35mm long with a ~18.73mm diameter. The motor has a smaller diameter than the battery and is fairly thin. The Sabercore should be smaller than the Spark Color 2, but I don't have the dimensions to verify.

Dimensions of electronic bits 9 months 4 weeks ago #71024

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
I can't seem to find the dimensions of the Sabercore 2.0 board on the SF site anymore, BUT, I want to say it's .83" wide. Which is your main concern with the board. Its just slightly over shoot the sides of an 18650 battery holder which is about .82"

I make a chassis for these using the 18650 battery holder and basically attaching the board to back and it works nicely. if you use some thin Velcro strips to warp the whoel thing once, and I usually run another strip down the side and make a "pull tab" so you can remove it.

You could also use some blade stock and cut it up to make your own chassis.

Dimensions of electronic bits 9 months 4 weeks ago #71029

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
Here's a picture of how the board fits on the battery holder:

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (14 Posts)
    • Quote: Maybe Drommund Kaas, and Korriban will be next on the list of planets to be "legitimized"? One can...
    • Maybe Drommund Kaas, and Korriban will be next on the list of planets to be "legitimized"? One can...
    • Thrawn was alive and in the Imperial military during those eras, so it's not like a massive...
    • Saberforge Talon help (4 Posts)
    • The closest thing I've experienced to the sound but no light issue and a saber flat out not wanting...
    • Another aspect of all this (with regards to the Legends topic), is that in this new era, LucasFilm...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5121
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 21
  • Yesterday Answer: 24