Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Questions before I order.

Questions before I order. 9 months 2 weeks ago #71582

• Taiyouai
Been watching this site slowly grow but still don't know everything that is needed to put a full saber together. I know the clear and obvious ones but the electronics have me questioning.

So I'll cover what I think i need: emitter, switch section, body section, pommel section, blade and/or blade plug, PnP LED, sound card, 18650 battery (PnP), 18650 charger, PnP switch (lights or not), PnP stunt warrior, a kill key.

Also I wanted the in-hilt recharging port, but can only find it in the DIY electronics, is there a spot to plug it in, or do I have to drill a hole to install it in the pommel (or next to the pommel)?

I was thinking of just paying to have them build it, but I don't want each piece to be glued together because if I spend the money to get sound card/RGB LED ext I kinda want to be able to swap a few parts to make fit a few different looks/styles and not void my warranty.

I'm not a fan of a one use item, I like things that are modular and that's what this should be, but the kit makes it no longer modular

Is there anything else that would be needed? I feel like that should be everything but don't want to get it all and find out I forgot one part and have something that is not usable until weeks later after I have to order yet another part.

Also I think it would be a decent idea to pin a thread that has kind of a cross off list, I noticed a lot of people asking this question, and they get varied answers. It would be nice to have an official. "This is what you need by SaberForge for _________" and you could give basically the different levels (Initiate, warrior, champion, hero) with a brief, "use this package, or to do it yourself, get these parts."

Thanks in advance,
Taiyouai.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Questions before I order. 9 months 2 weeks ago #71594

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
I guess I'll get this started then... will describe the PnP setups since there's a bunch of different variations for DIY:

INITIATE TIER ASP

1 ASP Emitter
1 ASP Switch Section
1 ASP Body
1 ASP Pommel
1 Blade Plug

WARRIOR TIER ASP (PnP)

1 ASP Emitter
1 ASP Switch Section
1 ASP Body
1 ASP Pommel
1 Blade Plug, for storage/display purposes
1 Blade, of chosen length and/or color
1 PnP Warrior Kit
1 18650 battery
1 18650 Charger
1+ PnP LED module(s) of chosen color(s)
1 PnP Switch (Latching)

CHAMPION TIER ASP (PnP)

1 ASP Emitter
1 ASP Switch Section
1 ASP Body
1 ASP Pommel
1 PnP Champion Kit
1+ PnP LED module(s) of chosen color(s)
1 PnP Switch (Momentary, Lit or Unlit)

HERO TIER ASP (PnP)

1 ASP Emitter
1 ASP Switch Section
1 ASP Body
1 ASP Pommel
1 PnP Hero (RGBA) Kit
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Snakeeyz99. Reason: Forgot charger
The following user(s) said Thank You: Taiyouai

Questions before I order. 9 months 2 weeks ago #71595

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 373
It seems like you'd rather use the PnP kits than DIY it, but you listed a soundcard in addition to the PnP Warrior kit. Those don't go together. You're mixing levels there.

EDIT: Just beaten by Snakeeyz. His lists look better so I took mine out.

Here's the descriptions of what you get in the kits:

Warrior kit includes battery sled, velcro wrap (for spacing in the hilt and securing battery), and wires with connectors. If you want to add a recharge port to the Warrior kit you will need to do that DIY.

Champion kit includes Sabercore soundcard in your selected font (Crimson or Viridian), battery, battery holder, and hi-bass speaker all together in heatshrink wrap with wires and connectors, plus the recharge port.

Hero kit includes everything you need; SparkColor2 soundboard plus microSD card with 5 fonts, hi-bass speaker, battery and holder (all in heatshrink), recharge port, tactile switch, and RGBA LED module.

If you want something different than what the kits offer, then you're off to DIY-Land and someone other than me should help you with that. :P

To your question of where the recharge port goes: It goes into one of the two switch holes. The only reason to put it elsewhere (unless you just want it elsewhere) is if you're using two momentary switches for the Hero level (which would involve some DIY wiring) instead of the tactile switch (which is two buttons on one switch).
Last Edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by KelbornX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snakeeyz99, Taiyouai
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • Your poll seems to be broken. It's just showing me results. As for the black and chrome Bane, I'd...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Episode IX may indeed end the Skywalker saga. Because, remember, Kylo Ren is a Skywalker. He's...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • So Brax just leaked a sneak peak at his new amazing chromed Bane Mk2, inscribed with the sith creed:...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: It's gotta be Old Republic for Sith and Jedi mass combat. The Skywalker saga is worn out. Maybe even...
    • A Preview (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Oh my, where is my bib when I need it Re: the bane mk2 Is this a custom shop job? How would one...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5120
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 24