Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Hero Tier Sound and Color Help

ASP Hero Tier Sound and Color Help 9 months 1 week ago #71899

• RAM52692
I had just purchased my custom saber this month (January 2017) and I immediately went online to purchase some fonts from Saber Fonts as Saber Forge had advertised. I had copied the files over and I thought it was as simple as that. Apparently, I was wrong. I had taken a copy and saved it but whenever I put the SD card back into the hilt, I get a solid blue blade with no sound or no way of turning it off without putting the Kill Key back in. I tried to use the Spark Color 2 Editor from Naigon and it was crashing whenever I tried to open the config files. I'm not very computer savvy, but I can follow instructions (YouTube Tutorials) fairly well. I can't seem to get it back to how Saber Forge sent it to me, which is what I'd ultimately like to do. If that's not possible, I'm just looking for a way to place my purchased sound files successfully to my SD card. I'm not opposed to buying a completely new SD card and starting completely fresh if that's possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!!
Help, I'm stupid!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP Hero Tier Sound and Color Help 9 months 1 week ago #71904

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 373
Sounds like you either used fonts that weren't NEC compatible, you rushed it and didn't put them on the correct way, or you added more than the board can handle (max 6). There's probably a YouTube vid out there showing it, but simply reading the manual was enough for me.

Here's a link to the Spark Color 2 page on the NEC website, you can find the Default Files (which should be how SF sent it to you), the Config Editor, and the user manual in PDF. Page 15 of the manual starts how to edit the files.

To simply put it back to default, FORMAT your SD card (which will wipe it clean) to File System: FAT32 and Allocation Unit Size: 16 kilobytes, then drag each folder over from the Default Files individually (so they write in the correct order).

ASP Hero Tier Sound and Color Help 9 months 1 week ago #71927

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
Once you get it back to default. MAKE A COPY!!!!!!!!!!!

After you've got your copy, then you can start playing around.

I find the best way to add the fonts is to copy out the font folder to a spot on your hard drive.
Delete all the sound files in the sub folders.
Copy in the sound files from each folder in the font you purchased. You should now have a workable copy of the font folder off your memory card with the new sound files.
Next remove the sound files from the folders in the font file ON THE MEMORY card.
Copy over the individual sound folders and overwrite.
Open up the config editor and load the config file for that font. The config editor should now process the sound files. Now you can set up your blade effects, colors, etc. then save.

ASP Hero Tier Sound and Color Help 9 months 6 days ago #72073

• RAM52692
UPDATE:

You have been extremely helpful, thank you. I've got my saber making all of the right noises, the sensitivity, the color etc. all set to what I'd like.

My main issue now is for some reason I cannot seem to mix the sound to not sound extremely muffled without being too quiet. The previous files I've had from the original fonts sent to me from Saber Forge sounded perfect in quality. Do you have any advice on how to mix them properly?

Thanks again!
Help, I'm stupid!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • Your poll seems to be broken. It's just showing me results. As for the black and chrome Bane, I'd...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Episode IX may indeed end the Skywalker saga. Because, remember, Kylo Ren is a Skywalker. He's...
    • Chrome Bane Mk2 (2 Posts)
    • So Brax just leaked a sneak peak at his new amazing chromed Bane Mk2, inscribed with the sith creed:...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: It's gotta be Old Republic for Sith and Jedi mass combat. The Skywalker saga is worn out. Maybe even...
    • A Preview (6 Posts)
    • Quote: Oh my, where is my bib when I need it Re: the bane mk2 Is this a custom shop job? How would one...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5950
  • Latest Member: Jessedaync
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5120
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 24