Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion tier Sound & motion for ASP

Champion tier Sound & motion for ASP 2 years 4 months ago #14442

• Darth Oculus
  • Thank you received: 1
My question is How much for stand alone Champion sound & motion board.? Also do saber staffs require 2 sound boards? I pledged 350 on Kickstarter and would love to up my pledge to 450 for a saber staff. The downside no sound or motion board. The 450 pledge comes with hilt charger, charger, kill key, so does Champion tier on Saberforge website which is priced at 205.00 so you wouldn't pay twice for same thing. The tiers are still priced at pre ASP. So will there be new pricing?
The topic has been locked.

Champion tier Sound & motion for ASP 2 years 4 months ago #14443

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Until ASP launches SF doesnt sell the sabercore boards as stand alone, and even then, they'll be in pre-wired ASP kits. Pricing has not been set in stone for them yet as far as I am aware, but you can ballpark it by looking at the difference in price between initiate and champion tier sabers.

No, you don't need two, but it is more convenient to have two.. if only for the dual in hilt recharge ports so you don't need to disassemble the staff to charge one side.

Champion tier Sound & motion for ASP 2 years 4 months ago #14445

• Darth Oculus
  • Thank you received: 1
Ty for quick reply, I guess I'll have to wait for the new reprice to be posted. I've seen boards on other sites and they usually range 60-100 depending on what your looking for. I'd rather buy the Saberforge because it will be manufactured for. My ASP saber. Now just waiting game I guess.

Champion tier Sound & motion for ASP 2 years 2 months ago #17829

• PanCain
  • "No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." ―Corran Horn, to Iella Wessiri
I have a question about the set up on the Saber Forge sound bored are you locked in to the sound fount that has been loaded or can you download other founts via something like a rice port on the peclector labs boards or an SD card.
R. Cole Henington
"Overwhelming odds tough target scant chance of survival—business as usual for Rogue Squadron."
―Corran Horn, to Wedge Antille

Champion tier Sound & motion for ASP 2 years 2 months ago #17830

• Knytiri
  • Banned
As copied directly from the FAQ:
Champion - Saber with sound. SF offers two soundboard selections for their Champion level sabers: Viridium and Crimson. Viridium is commonly referred to as the "Lightside option" and Crimson as the "Darkside font." These boards come with the fonts permanently flashed on, and cannot be changed. The boards do offer an on-board menu that can be accessed directly on the saber to adjust various settings.

So no, you can't change the fonts on the current sabercore 2.0 boards. SF currently has a 3.0 board in development (anticipated release time of this winter) that will offer at least one soundbank that you will be able to upload/change fonts on via a mini-usb port.

Champion tier Sound & motion for ASP 2 years 2 months ago #17837

• Darth Floyd
  • Premium Member
  • Let the Wookie win
  • Thank you received: 20
Yeah, nothing set in stone, but I believe it was mentioned that the champion kits to upgrade the kickstarter reward Bane hilts would be $160, so it should be about the same.

Champion tier Sound & motion for ASP 2 years 2 months ago #17841

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 22
Darth Floyd wrote:
Yeah, nothing set in stone, but I believe it was mentioned that the champion kits to upgrade the kickstarter reward Bane hilts would be $160, so it should be about the same.

I thought they said that it wouldn't be that expensive once 12w+ was standard.
Sabers owned:
  1. Non-SF Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. Kickstarter ASP (Champion)
  3. Venom (Champion) [Wife's]
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)

Champion tier Sound & motion for ASP 2 years 2 months ago #17844

• Knytiri
  • Banned
12W+ isn't blanket replacing the 12W, it'll still have a $5 price increase over the 12W.

Prices haven't been set out at all yet, everything said here is pure speculation; that being said, they'll probably still be comparable to what buying a champion tier saber. Warrior tier = 230ish, Champion = 280ish. So, about 150...ish... for a champion tier electronics kit is the ballpark we can start expecting them to land in.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Member Introduction T... (2596 Posts)
    • So Brax, was reading tbrough some of your replies & could not help but chuckle @ the obsession one....
    • Anyone got a COLORED V4 i... (10 Posts)
    • You can cut down any polycarbonate blade using a PVC pipe cutter. So, you could cut down a day...
    • Anyone got a COLORED V4 i... (10 Posts)
    • Odd question ....could a long day blade say a 36 "" be cut to say 32" and the 4" section be used in...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I'd really like to see someone take some black enamel to the inscriptions and engraved lines to make...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5953
  • Latest Member: DavidTweve
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 15