Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP vs Champion Acolyte

ASP vs Champion Acolyte 1 year 1 week ago #14454

• sithplague
  • Thank you received: 1
So I'm debating on getting either a 12w champion edition acolyte or pledging $350 the ASP kickstarter. I need help deciding wich would be an overall better deal. Also I'm afraid that the ASP (because it's screwed together) might be a little less quality and might be damaged easier.
The topic has been locked.

ASP vs Champion Acolyte 1 year 1 week ago #14464

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Well, every saber on the market is made of pieces screwed together. :) I don't think that should even be a determining factor in your decision, personally.

Technically speaking right now the ASP pledge is definitely going to give you the most bang for your buck. With the rewards and stretch goal rewards met, there's no denying the value with all the goodies you get with your pledge. You're also getting a saber which is you're to completely customize and build, with foolproof electronics plug and play kits. Of course... the wait time is prolly going to be a touch longer than if you were to just order the acolyte off of etsy.... but you'll also now have the new added in bonus of being one of the first with the new 12w+ LEDs SF is releasing...

So, all in all its a matter of what do you really want. Something your own, or a basic apprentice saber? (Not to insult the apprentice sabers, I have a couple and love them, they're amazing sabers.)

ASP vs Champion Acolyte 1 year 1 week ago #14468

• sithplague
  • Thank you received: 1
Ok thanks I didn know how these sabers were built cuz I'm kinda new here.

ASP vs Champion Acolyte 1 year 1 week ago #14476

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
It's no problem. :) The apprentice sabers are kind of an exception to that rule, as they're one solid machined piece with just the pommel threaded on, which is why they're cheaper. Most other sabers (with a few exceptions, as per every rule... ever) are made up multiple modular pieces that thread together to create the saber body, as in the ASP system.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sithplague

ASP vs Champion Acolyte 1 year 1 week ago #14489

• Ramaloke
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
I was kind of in the same situation as sithplague about being new and deciding on a single saber. I really liked the idea of the ASP because you get to design it yourself and if there is a portion of it that you want to improve on, then you have a lot of options.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sithplague
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4378
  • Latest Member: KMGittins
  • Total Posts: 43.2k
  • Total Topics: 3150
  • Total Sections: 22