Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Hero Kit questions

Hero Kit questions 8 months 1 week ago #73239

• DD003
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey guys I am looking into buying a Hero PnP kit for my ASP build, but I really do not like the "low profile" switch they include. has anyone used a momentary switch on it? If so what happened? I would imagine you would lose some features but I don't mind that.

I also am not a fan of being able to switch colors at the flick of the wrist. ( doesn't seem very star wars accurate to be able to do that ) would I be able to swap the RGBA LED with a green 12w+ I have?

What I'm basically going for is a Champion style saber ( activation noise, swing + clash noise and power down) with one color that I can add a custom font to.

Thanks ahead of time for the Knowledge!
1) ASP saber (no name) - Champion 12w+ Green
2) ASP saber (valor) - Warrior 12w+ Light Blue
3) Apprentice Disciple - Champion 12w+ Purple
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hero Kit questions 8 months 1 week ago #73241

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
You'd probably be better off looking at a custom install to achieve your exact desires.

The Hero kit comes with a Spark Color 2, which is a fantastic board IMO, and you can set it up so you press a button and twist to change colorsets, so they don't randomly change on you while you are swinging it around.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD003

Hero Kit questions 8 months 1 week ago #73259

• DD003
Oh ok, that's what I was most concerned about. I didn't want it to just switch on me. Do you happen to know if the color chosen on the RGBA is as bright as a single colored 12w?
Also, do you know anything about this two button switch they have in the kit? I just dont want it to look tacky and out of place.

Thanks for the help!

Hero Kit questions 8 months 1 week ago #73261

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
The single lit dice will not be as bright as the full 4 dice in the 12watt single color. That's part of the trade off with an RGB or RGBA saber. A tri-cree RGB tends to be slightly brighter on a single dice however.

As for the switch, it's a 12mm unit with two small buttons sticking out which are your switches. Some people love them, some people hate them. Personally I prefer a single main switch and a secondary switch installed elsewhere, usually 180 degrees of the main switch on the back side. It's a personal preference thing.

Hero Kit questions 8 months 1 week ago #73263

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 373
Like Jas-Ot said, the RGBA LED will give you less individual dies to mix a color with. The benefit though is that you can use any color you want whenever you want.

Examples being:

12w Red = 4x Red dies
RGBA Red = 1 Red die

12 Purple = 2x Blue 2x Red dies
RGBA Purple = 1 Blue 1 Red die

I've never used the dual tactile switch, but from the looks of it... it seems like it would be uncomfortable and awkward. It made sense for SF to swap to that system to make everything streamlined in the build process since ASP released. Before they would have to drill a third hole for the recharge port, and some of the ASP Switch Sections are too small to accommodate that.
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by KelbornX.

Hero Kit questions 8 months 1 week ago #73264

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
My suggestion is if you are going to spend that kind of cash, don't settle. Spend a little time researching and look into other options as well. SF hilts are very install friendly, we can put just about anything in the majority of them.

Hero Kit questions 8 months 1 week ago #73298

• DD003
Alright thanks you two. I appreciate the advice.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I'd really like to see someone take some black enamel to the inscriptions and engraved lines to make...
    • Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (8 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 13
  • Yesterday Answer: 25