Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP restock!?

ASP restock!? 8 months 1 day ago #73499

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 535
Last month I emailed CS to inquire about parts for the ASP. I'm concerned that some of the more popular parts haven't been restocked in months now. Also the grenade adapter for thin necks is no longer on the website.The Kickstarter program afforded SF to purchase many assets to increase production, or so it seemed.What's the story behind the delay? I feel like I might be putting my head on the block here, but for the sake of all future SaberForge ASP consumers, this reply doesn't seem valid.

Hello! Typically when an item is out of stock it will be restocked in 1-4 weeks, most of our pre-built sabers can be purchased on pre-order which are subject to a 6 week lead time.

May the Forge be with you!
India
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ASP restock!? 8 months 1 day ago #73504

• DK44
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 165
Yeah i got the same reply.....I've got a saber still in the box waiting for a sold out "body" since before xmas. Any other body just doesn't look right to me so I guess I'm stuck waiting......thought about going in a different direction and selling the other parts I have bought, but I really like this saber I designed--would like to see it complete.

ASP restock!? 8 months 1 day ago #73508

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1362
I believe in the interim since ASP went live, there was a move towards more in-house machining, and less reliance on outside providers to do it for them. That process has probably been a contributing factor, but on the other side, availability should improve measurably.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

ASP restock!? 8 months 2 hours ago #73568

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 109
Have to agree on the reply not seeming valid; I don't want to use this topic as a means of complaining, but it is getting a bit sour to be left in the dark like this.
I already send a mail towards CS asking about whether the TNA 02 had just been taken from the Adapter tab in the ASP section on the main site because it has been out of stock for so long and there's no point in keeping it on the site if there's no chance of it coming up for sale anytime soon - or whether or not this was a conscious decision to let customers know that the TNA 02 is maybe disbanded and won't be coming back for sale period.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten a reply to that mail yet, but then again, it has only been a few days.
Cause I just want to reiterate that CS is doing a wonderful job with support - especially a big shout-out to Melissa who even went to extra lengths to make sure my points from the Loyalty Program over at ShopSaberParts site where transferred neatly to the new main site without me even asking about this to begin with, which shows CS is really doing everything in their power to go the extra mile and be as helpful and friendly as possible.

Still, I do have to agree to that it's unfortunate that they have to stick to the standard reply they gave you as well; the entire 'typically when an item is out of stock it will be restocked in 1-4 weeks' I've gotten about 3-4 times now.
I try not to be too annoying, but about once every 3-4 weeks (ever since November when the TNA 02 went out of stock) I'll send a new mail asking about whether the TNA 02 is back in stock - seeing as the standard reply says it should be restocked in max. a month I sort of feel that it's allowed to ask again - and so far every time I've just gotten this same standard reply.

I get that CS has to stick to company policy of not revealing anything they shouldn't or promise anything in case it would turn out to be delayed again, but I would appreciate it if otherwise SF could give us a broader ETA on the entire thing.
After all, I'd be happier knowing that it for instance isn't going to be restocked until 6 months from now, which would stop me from sending a mail every month.

As Brax says, the move towards in-house machining I totally understand and see how that would contribute to the delays and waiting times, but it would perhaps be better for SF to tell CS that instead of sending out the standard reply, customers be told that there isn't an ETA on it and that it won't be restocked until further notice - now we're just getting our hopes up every 3-4 weeks, thinking this time around it might be up for sale again, only to be let down again.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
Last Edit: 8 months 2 hours ago by CrimsonJax88.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Black and Chrome Bane Mk2... (7 Posts)
    • I want one. Initially, I wanted a weathered one, but not anymore. Must have a chrome one. Thanks...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • George Lucas is an awesome visionary and he created a great franchise. The original film is pure...
    • SaberCore 3 spare parts (4 Posts)
    • From my own experience, to charge yes it seems like any usb cord will work but to use the editor...
    • New Star Wars Trilogy Com... (22 Posts)
    • Quote: Hey! Let's not forget Qui-Gon and Mace Windu. Those are a couple great characters. Actually, I...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5951
  • Latest Member: Hetsin
  • Total Posts: 61.4k
  • Total Topics: 5122
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 25