Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: First Saber Help*

First Saber Help* 2 months 1 week ago #74556

• Darth Bryllyg
Hello, I am new to this forum. I recently found this website and now I am totally interested in building my own lightsaber with the ASP System. I even used the virtual creator to get an idea of what I want. I want to assemble it together on my own, but I don't want to bother with soldering or anything ridiculous. So I would get the Plug-N-Play Electronics, right? Could you list what I need? Also, I didn't see any belt hangers listed, but I could probably just use Nylon String from Michael's or something. Will there be Crystal Reveal Chambers soon? It would feel much more complete with one. Dumb Question, will the process of assembling my lightsaber allow me to swap out parts if I purchase more down the line? I understand it is a modular system, I just want to know whether or not things are permanent when finished.

Here is what I know I need so far, what else?
-Pommel
-Body
-Switch
-Emitter
-LED
-Blade Plug
-Blade
-Sound

So, I can just buy all of these parts separately and assemble them with ease?

http://www.saberparts.com/?code=4.134.1.0-3.81.1.22-2.71.1.0-1.12.1.0-7.152.13.0-6.146.4.0-5.143.0.0-8.154.0.0&picture=http%3A%2F%2Fsaberparts-dev.azurewebsites.net%2FMedia%2FShare%2Fa340c5f6-92eb-4da6-a6c5-52486e6b1198_4.134.1.0-3.81.1.22-2.71.1.0-1.12.1.0-7.152.13.0-6.146.4.0-5.143.0.0-8.154.0.0.jpg&color=Mint+Green#/configure?code=4.134.1.0-3.81.1.22-2.71.1.0-1.12.1.0-7.152.13.0-6.146.4.0-5.143.0.0-8.154.0.0
The administrator has disabled public write access.

First Saber Help* 2 months 1 week ago #74635

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 216
I'm not sure that link is giving the correct build... I don't know how you copy+pasted that, but you may wish to try it again. The URL should just be this length:

http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.139.1.0-3.89.1.22-2.62.1.0-1.30.1.0-7.152.17.0-5.143.0.0

That aside.... with the PnP kits, you have 3 options: Warrior tier (just light), Champion tier (light and basic sound), and Hero tier (light and advanced sound). The Hero kit includes everything that you need for a working saber, while you need to add on to the Champion and Warrior (in addition to blade and blade plug).

For a Warrior tier saber you will need:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

For a Champion tier saber you will need:

For a Hero tier saber you will need:

If by "belt hanger" you mean the Covertec belt clip... right now it seems that they are changing over to a new style one, no idea why, but the old listing has been removed to avoid the confusion of thinking that you're ordering one clip but then receiving a different one. I have seen people getting them as the "Free Belt Clip" on promotions, but if you need one before they fix it on the store you could try another vendor (such as The Custom Saber Shop) that still carries them.

The Covertec KNOB, the doodad on the saber that slides into the clip, is included with every SF hilt and ASP body section. By default it will match the finish of your saber or body piece, but you can request in the order comments for a different finish if you'd prefer (such as if you wanted a black knob instead of silver on a dual-tone body, or a brass knob on a weathered saber).

The parts of an ASP saber are only as permanent as you make them. They simply thread together by default. If you want the hilt to be more solid, especially if you intend to duel with it, you may wish to secure the sections somehow. SF uses superglue or threadlocker on their pre-assembled hilts (like the Elite line); you could do the same, or wrap the threads in plumbers/teflon tape. I've used threadlocker on my two ASPs between the emitter and switch section, since that's the section most prone to un-threading while handling. Depending what you use, you could break the seal by hand if needed, or you'd need to apply heat to loosen the adhesive.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by KelbornX.

First Saber Help* 2 months 1 week ago #74644

• Darth Bryllyg
I'm confused, the ASP Assembly Services don't have plug-n-play kits, and they don't disassemble according to the website, but you're saying the exact opposite.

Also, I wanted to preview the Acid Weathering finish on the parts I chose in the digital builder, but it only lists the one other kind of weathering.

http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.134.1.0-3.81.1.22-2.71.1.0-1.12.1.0-7.152.13.0-6.146.4.0-5.143.0.0-8.154.0.0

First Saber Help* 1 month 3 weeks ago #74966

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 216
Sorry, didn't see your reply pop up. Since you need Mod approval until 5 posts, they can get buried if there's enough new stuff before a Mod comes on to do so...

Anywho...

There's two ways to order an ASP Saber: the Assembly Service where SF puts it together for you like they would an Elite hilt, or you order the base parts, plus the PnP Kits, and put it together yourself.

It will only be modular if you put it together yourself, since SF will glue the hilt parts together and hard-wire the electronics instead of using the quick connectors. Think of the Assembly Service as ordering a "Custom Elite hilt".

The Acid Weathering finish was added after the ASP builder was implemented, so unless someone goes in and updates it... you're unfortunately only going to be able to preview it through the photos on the Custom Finishes page. Same with the Deep Red and Medium Red LED colors.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5258
  • Latest Member: Albertospani
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4686
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0