Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Gladius Pommel Threads

ASP Gladius Pommel Threads 1 month 3 weeks ago #74956

• Urbanjedi
  • Thank you received: 3
Hey Saber Forge Fans!

My question, the Gladius Pommel ASP part, the image on the site shows it with male threads, the saberparts.com Virtual saber builder shows all Pommels have male threads including the Gladius, however the item description on Saber Forge states that it has female threads... I also purchased the Katana (short) body and now I'm worried that I won't be able to use the 2 together if they both have female threads, I live in the UK, so a $60 shipping fee is a bit much to buy a replacement $15.99 Pommel, I'm praying it's a typo. Any one have any ideas on what the threads are? I can't understand it having female threads as is sticks out of the bottom of the body anyways but I'm concerned I'll now have a bottomless saber when my order arrives!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

ASP Gladius Pommel Threads 1 month 3 weeks ago #74958

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 818
Hello Urbanjedi,

Welcome to the forum from another Brit (I'm from the Outer Rim of the UK!).

As far as I know all pommels have male threads which screw into the female threaded body section. The Saberforge websites have a few possible typos and examples of "Cut and Paste" editing so it may be a typo.

To put your mind at ease you may want to email Customer Service to check before ordering anything, bearing in mind your location and shipping ect. The email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

Be aware it takes 2-3 days to get a reply but they will respond.

Hope this helps,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Urbanjedi

ASP Gladius Pommel Threads 1 month 3 weeks ago #74967

• Urbanjedi
Hi For Tyeth

Thanks for your reply, I have sent an email to the sales team, waiting eagerly on a reply, I think excitement got the better of me when I placed my order! It was only when I was double checking all the plug and play Electronics that I decided to also check the threads... silly I know!

I have a feeling it is a typo, seeing as every other Pommel states that it has male threads, however for anyone else experiencing the same, I shall update this post when I get a reply from my email!

Now the waiting game to receive my order... I feel like a child on Christmas Eve!!! Haha

May the Forge be with you, always!

Urbanjedi

ASP Gladius Pommel Threads 1 month 3 weeks ago #74973

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 216
That is definitely one of the more comical typos, considering that the photos clearly show the male threads.

Since I own 3 of them (one in a Gladius, two from my Resilient staff)... I can confirm that they are indeed male threaded. :)
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, Urbanjedi

ASP Gladius Pommel Threads 1 month 3 weeks ago #74977

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Urbanjedi,

You're most welcome! Funny you should mention Christmas Eve, my saber was actually delivered on that very day but then again the Force is strong with me!

Yeah Typos and Cut and Paste...the best ones are the quotes like "This elegant weapon is an instrument of sublime destruction, suited for the hands of a worthy master." There are others but when I read them I started laughing so hard I had tears running all the way down my leg!

You have now entered what is known as the "Saber Fever" period where your finger will be hovering over the refresh button on your email and order tracking pages! Luckily there are thing to keep you occupied here on the forum.

Looking forward to seeing where you progress from here,

For Tyeth

@KelbornX, Thanks for the confirmation and may I say your Pit Viper looks good in it's new home ;)

ASP Gladius Pommel Threads 1 month 3 weeks ago #75017

• Urbanjedi
Okay, so I've had official confirmation....

And I quote...

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting Saber Forge! This has male threads, we will get that error corrected in the item description. 

May the Forge be with you,

India"

Crisis avoided! Phew!

ASP Gladius Pommel Threads 1 month 3 weeks ago #75030

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hoooray! Victory for the people!

Glad you now have some peace of mind. I was 99.98% certain I had informed you correctly, and other members did back me up (thanks guys) but now you have it from the horse's mouth as it were!

Saberforge will eventually get their act together and update and correct all the typos and incorrect photos etc, probably the next time they revamp the site. There's nothing like doing a bit of Proofreading before publishing pages guys - I do it all the time!

Hope to chat again soon,

For Tyeth

ASP Gladius Pommel Threads 1 month 3 weeks ago #75083

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
There's nothing like doing a bit of Proofreading before publishing pages guys - I do it all the time!
;) :P :lol: :whistle: :silly:

ASP Gladius Pommel Threads 1 month 3 weeks ago #75088

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hello OvrcAHst,

Now you don't have to go stealing other member's cards! You only have to be polite and ask for one of your own.

I just wasn't sure you still had an eligible saber after your stock clearance sale. However you did have one once so here is your card...

And these cards are all one of a kind.....just like me B)

kind regards,

For Tyeth

Now I return this thread back to the OP's topic.

ASP Gladius Pommel Threads 1 month 2 weeks ago #75119

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
one of your own
:lol: Thanks but..
No Thanks.. :dry:
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Is Blade Retention Wrench... (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Hi just posting to find out if the blade retention allen wrench is included in all new orders? Yes...
    • Blue of the Old Republic (3 Posts)
    • either a medium (Royal Blue and Blue mix) or Light blue (regular Blue). It can be hard to nail...
    • Han Solo Movie Loses Dire... (19 Posts)
    • Gotta agree with Brax, I'm not that keen on the ideas of this movie to begin with (but of course...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5255
  • Latest Member: Darth Bael
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4686
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 24
  • Yesterday Answer: 18