Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Custom Saber Question

Custom Saber Question 2 months 4 weeks ago #75596

• iMoose
Curious, do you know if it's possible to build a sabre staff with only one body?

Example
Blade - Emitter - Switch - Body - Switch - Emitter - Blade

Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: insert image
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Custom Saber Question 2 months 4 weeks ago #75597

• iMoose
I'm wanting to get make a sabre staff for ordering.
Has anyone done this? Curious if there is a way to do it without doubling the body portion. Can you use a single body, two switches and two emitters?
Using sabreparts.com, I assembled this and I love it, but I'm curious if it will work?
Love to get some thoughts.

Here's my part list
ASP . Blade 26'' . null
ASP . Led 12W+ . Deep Blue
ASP . Epoch Emitter . Black
ASP . Epoch Switch . Black
ASP . Epoch Body . Black
ASP . Epoch Switch . Black
ASP . Epoch Emitter . Black
ASP . Led 12W+ . Deep Blue
ASP . Blade 26'' . null
ASP . Sound Viridian . null

Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.

Custom Saber Question 2 months 3 weeks ago #75602

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 646
Not with plug-and-play electronics, no, but it's entirely possible if you can custom-wire the electronics.

Sticking with SF electronics, you can have two different LEDs hooked to the same SaberCore. If you want to optionally go single-blade, you can wire the second LED to a latching switch that runs parallel with the premanently-wired main LED. You'll need a momentary switch to activate the board.

Using two switch sections, that leaves you at least one open switch hole for the recharge port, and 1-3 open switch holes to vent sound, depending on switch section.

Alternatively, you can bump up to a Hero board, wire each LED to its own channel, use two momentary switches to control the board, and then configure each font to ignite either or both blades - my eventual plan for the Fire & Ice Jedi Killer above.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iMoose

Custom Saber Question 2 months 3 weeks ago #75639

• Darth Squidious
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 99
I've played around with the idea of a dual saber with only one switch section wiring both LEDs to a single board but there are a few problems that I would need to solve that might apply to you. First, and the one that would also effect your single body dualsaber: sound. How will you vent for sound? If you're confident in being able to drill out your own holes for sound you can do that. Second, balance: This is more a concern for me than for you as you would presumably hae the battery and board in the center. Third, and this also applies to you, space: you will have room for everything sure, but the issue I run into is how to get the leads to the second LED past the speaker.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Custom Saber Question 2 months 3 weeks ago #75640

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 646
If you only want one switch section, go for a Dissident - you'll get three switch holes for the two switches and a charge port.

You'll also need a male/male adapter to fit the second emitter to the body, and a vented staff coupler will do just fine while letting sound vent.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New Member Introduction T... (2490 Posts)
    • Welcome Ticeetal, I see I'm not the only one with a little sith apprentice.
    • Tell Us What You Got! (2 Posts)
    • Do we know when they are going to start going out? I ordered in first set of 100.
    • SF Renegade - Spark2 Cust... (4 Posts)
    • Nice! Of all the new Apprentice sabers, this one and the Talon grabbed my attention right off the...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2490 Posts)
    • Welcome ticeetal!
    • Saber Forge Mystery Box S... (69 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: I thought I posted it here, but it was in the other thread. I went full random with only the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5480
  • Latest Member: Ravyen
  • Total Posts: 57.6k
  • Total Topics: 4812
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 45