Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Vengeance Track Bar socket screw size???

Vengeance Track Bar socket screw size??? 2 months 3 weeks ago #75679

• SaintLucifer
  • Thank you received: 6
Does anyone happen to know what the size is of the socket screws that hold the track bar in place on the Vengeance body/emitter?

I tried 6-32 and 4-40, neither of those were correct.

Thanks in advance for any help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Vengeance Track Bar socket screw size??? 2 months 3 weeks ago #75682

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 269
That is a good question...

All I've found out from mine is that the socket head is metric (2mm), and the width of the shaft is 11/128". So I'm assuming it would be a metric screw type as well. Probably a question to shoot to CS in an email.

Vengeance Track Bar socket screw size??? 2 months 3 weeks ago #75683

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1616
Unknown about the actual socket head screw size used but the allen key to remove them = 8-32, same for the setscrews for LED and blade retention.

Vengeance Track Bar socket screw size??? 2 months 3 weeks ago #75685

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
OvrcAHst wrote:
Unknown about the actual socket head screw size used but the allen key to remove them = 8-32, same for the setscrews for LED and blade retention.

Weird. I need a 5/64" allen wrench for all of the 8-32 set screws, but to take these socket head screws out of the Vengeance grips I needed to use a 2mm one. It's also most definitely not an 8-32 thread... I'm guessing its something metric since it's about the size of 4-40, but that size didn't work for the OP.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, SaintLucifer

Vengeance Track Bar socket screw size??? 2 months 3 weeks ago #75687

• OvrcAHst
KelbornX wrote:
OvrcAHst wrote:

Weird. I need a 5/64" allen wrench for all of the 8-32 set screws, but to take these socket head screws out of the Vengeance grips I needed to use a 2mm one. It's also most definitely not an 8-32 thread... I'm guessing its something metric since it's about the size of 4-40, but that size didn't work for the OP.

Thanks Kel :P :lol: :oops:
The socket head screws = 2/56 and for my Vengeance, the allen key used = 5/64. The same 5/64 allen key for the 8/32 LED and blade retention setscrews that SF supplies. Removed all grips from mine and had them replaced with 3d printed low profile ones after recessed channels were milled. Eliminates a raised uncomfortable grip from the T-tracks to a more streamlined one.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SaintLucifer

Vengeance Track Bar socket screw size??? 2 months 3 weeks ago #75688

• SaintLucifer
OvrcAHst wrote:
KelbornX wrote:
OvrcAHst wrote:

Thanks Kel :P :lol: :oops:
The socket head screws = 2/56 and for my Vengeance, the allen key used = 5/64. The same 5/64 allen key for the 8/32 LED and blade retention setscrews that SF supplies. Removed all grips from mine and had them replaced with 3d printed low profile ones after recessed channels were milled. Eliminates a raised uncomfortable grip from the T-tracks to a more streamlined one.

A million thanks to both of you! Now I can search for brass screws in this size.

OvrcAHst, would you be able to provide a link to your source on those printed tracks? That is slick looking!

Vengeance Track Bar socket screw size??? 2 months 3 weeks ago #75689

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
Hopefully that works for you. :)

It seems like they may have switched sizes between production runs. For what it's worth, mine was the last empty on Etsy. Older models or even the ASP version could be using different hardware for all I know.

Vengeance Track Bar socket screw size??? 2 months 3 weeks ago #75709

• OvrcAHst
SaintLucifer wrote:
would you be able to provide a link to your source on those printed tracks? That is slick looking!
Thanks. PM me when you're online next. ;)

Vengeance Track Bar socket screw size??? 2 months 3 weeks ago #75718

• SaintLucifer
Thanks Man! I decided that what you did was too cool to steal! I really like it a lot, but I would rather let yours be the only one like that! I'll come up with something.

It reminds of the trackbars on the Mace hilt. And it looks amazing on your emitter!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Vengeance Track Bar socket screw size??? 2 months 3 weeks ago #75759

• OvrcAHst
SaintLucifer wrote:
Thanks Man! I decided that what you did was too cool to steal! I really like it a lot, but I would rather let yours be the only one like that! I'll come up with something.

It reminds of the trackbars on the Mace hilt. And it looks amazing on your emitter!
All good mate. The offers there if you want to replicate it. I'd just put you in direct contact with whom I had it done by. ;)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• SCORE!!! My first SaberF... (26 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: I hate that control box on the game model. It's huge and ugly and has to be uncomfortable to grip....
    • Grandmasterbation.. (12 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B) He has all the Grandmasters.......
    • Quote: Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B) He has all the Grandmasters.......
    • Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B)
    • SCORE!!! My first SaberF... (26 Posts)
    • Quote: I hate that control box on the game model. It's huge and ugly and has to be uncomfortable to grip....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5501
  • Latest Member: Alenacausa
  • Total Posts: 57.9k
  • Total Topics: 4828
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 57
  • Yesterday Answer: 83