Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Trying to figure out what I need here...

Trying to figure out what I need here... 2 months 3 weeks ago #75752

• shinryu
Long story short, I supported ASP way back when it was on Kickstarter, but I only chose the old $150 tier at the time since I didn't have enough money at the time for a full fledged saber, figuring I could hopefully buy the electronics to put in it later cheaply. So I have the basic saber components (hilt, emitter, etc). Fastforward to now, and I'm browsing the store and half kicking myself because 1. I don't know what I need to get stuff to work, and 2. Prices look a lot higher than what I figured they'd be :(

Basically, what I want for my lightsaber are lights for sure, sound would be nice, rumble I don't care about since I don't plan on beating anyone with it, but at the same time I wouldn't necessarily want to add sound or rumble unless it's cheap (which doesn't look like the case). So in browsing the store, I'm guessing I would need at least these three items to get lights going along with a battery:

https://saberforge.com/collections/plug-play-electronics/products/warsled?variant=34947217290
https://saberforge.com/collections/plug-play-electronics/products/aspled?variant=28545480711
https://saberforge.com/collections/plug-play-electronics/products/aspswitch?variant=34947230282

But that wouldn't give me a led color for my lightsaber though would it? That would just basically make it a glorified flashlight, in which case what would I need instead? I have a blade that I got as a preorder, but it's just a clear one.

If I want lights and sound, I guess I would need - https://saberforge.com/collections/plug-play-electronics/products/champsled?variant=34947221322 - instead of that stunt one along with the switch and led? Which is kinda the whole more than I want to spend tbh.

So yeah lesson learned, next time starve a bit more and get a more complete package I guess. But if anyone has some help or guidance that would be great, I am 100% not an electronics person so that's why I'm looking more at the PnP over the raw parts that I wouldn't have a clue how to get working without probably electrocuting myself somewhere. Thanks for any advice!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Trying to figure out what I need here... 2 months 3 weeks ago #75762

• SaintLucifer
  • Thank you received: 6
Hi Shinryu!

I'm sure this is a painful process, but like you said, if the full package of lights/sound are what you want, hold out and save for it so you'll have no regrets, and not have to spend more money to get it how you want it later. Just my opinion!

You are on the right track in the first three links if lights are all you want. Just select the color for the LED when you add it to your cart.

If you do want lights and sound, and I think the champ kit includes rumble, then the fourth link is the kit you want. BUT, you will need to purchase the PNP Switch and LED separately.

I hope that helps, and good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: shinryu

Trying to figure out what I need here... 2 months 3 weeks ago #75764

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 269
Don't have my ASP copy+paste on the work PC, but... basically this is what you need with the ASP kits:

Warrior tier, just light -
Plug-and-Play Stunt Warrior kit (pre-wired battery sled)
18650 Battery and Charger
Plug-And-Play LED
Plug-and-Play LATCHING Switch (Momentary will NOT work with this tier)

Champion tier, basic sound -
Plug-and-Play Champion Sound Kit V2, either Viridian or Crimson
Plug-And-Play LED
Plug-and-Play Light Up Switch

Hero tier, advanced sound -
Plug-and-Play Hero Sound Kit

Trying to figure out what I need here... 2 months 3 weeks ago #75780

• SadiraOrphesu
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 73
When we describe a stunt saber (warrior tier) as a glorified flashlight we only mean that it functionally is a flashlight (it has a battery and a LED and a button that opens and closes the circuit) this doesn't mean it can only be white LEDs. The plug and play LED can be specified to be whatever color you want it to be and the blade will light up in that color cause it's white. If you are looking for the cheapest way to get light and you aren't attached to getting sound get the warrior set up that others have linked to and just specify the color when you are selecting your LED. You won't be dissapointed.

Trying to figure out what I need here... 2 months 3 weeks ago #75783

• Darth Squidious
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 107
I agree with st Lucy, save up and get what you really want. If you go with a warrior tier/ stunt saber and then decide you'd really like sound and rumble, the warrior components aren't going to do you much good when you go to upgrade, unless you're ready to plunge down the rabbit hole of doing your own electronics, soldering etc.

Save up and get what you want the first time, you'll save money in the long run.
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Trying to figure out what I need here... 2 months 3 weeks ago #75785

• shinryu
Cool, thanks for the advice everyone! I didn't realize it let you pick an LED color at checkout, must've had my noscript not enabling all the menus or something, but I see it now.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• SCORE!!! My first SaberF... (26 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: I hate that control box on the game model. It's huge and ugly and has to be uncomfortable to grip....
    • Grandmasterbation.. (12 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B) He has all the Grandmasters.......
    • Quote: Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B) He has all the Grandmasters.......
    • Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B)
    • SCORE!!! My first SaberF... (26 Posts)
    • Quote: I hate that control box on the game model. It's huge and ugly and has to be uncomfortable to grip....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5501
  • Latest Member: Alenacausa
  • Total Posts: 57.9k
  • Total Topics: 4828
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 57
  • Yesterday Answer: 83