Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: #10 Switch

#10 Switch 1 month 2 days ago #76806

• Gen Croix Man
  • Your focus determines your reality
  • Thank you received: 31
Hi everyone,

Didn't know where to post this since is a several parts question. I was looking through the ASP hilt design thread and saw a #10 switch in two tone with the fins in silver.

My questions are

1. Do they still sell this switch with this look?

2. If not, can I ask them to make it like that? Of course I'll pay any extra charges. (Will email customer service this question)

3. Does anyone have one like it that they are willing to sell?

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"Do you hear that? That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

#10 Switch 1 month 2 days ago #76808

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 168
All I can suggest is contact Saberforge, see if they can do this for you, and ask how much.

#10 Switch 1 month 2 days ago #76811

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 532
Some of the builder finish DON'T reflect the actual part

However to get the look you want, maybe order the weathered version, and remove the finish and polish it to your liking.

Good luck with your descion.

#10 Switch 1 month 2 days ago #76812

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 268
The ASP builder was updated about a year ago, so the majority of the designs in that thread are using the old style models from the first version of the builder. Page 43 is where the new builder starts. So a lot of stuff from early posts will be inaccurate.

I have Switch 10 on my ASP "Dark Crusader" and can confirm that it is as pictured on the store page with all black "fins".

#10 Switch 1 month 2 days ago #76818

• Darth Squidious
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 107
I would suggest buying the switch in standard finish and then sand the black finish off the fins.

Mask off the areas you want to stay black with masking tape, start with 100 grit, go up to 220, maybe even 400 grit and you should end up with a good satin finish. The aluminum sands really easily and a half hour of elbow grease will save you some money.

Historically SF won't do partial finishes, at least that has been the answer I have gotten
RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

#10 Switch 1 month 2 days ago #76819

• Gen Croix Man
  • Your focus determines your reality
  • Thank you received: 31
Darth Squidious wrote:
I would suggest buying the switch in standard finish and then sand the black finish off the fins.

That's kind of what I wanted to avoid. I am a maintenance mechanic so I have access at work to a latte, drill press and milling machine. But I'm a mechanic not a machinist, I would prefer to have a professional do it.

If they can't or are not able to I can always take it to the machine shop where my brother had the cylinder heads of his mustang ported, they only charged him $30 per head, so I don't think it would be more than that for milling the fins out.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"Do you hear that? That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."

#10 Switch 1 month 2 days ago #76824

• scifidude79
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 84
Sanding off anodizing is a pain, trust me on this. ;) I'd go with the suggestion of contacting them and seeing if they'll machine it that way for you. They do a lot of custom finish work, so they may be accommodating for that kind of thing.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Grandmasterbation.. (11 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B) He has all the Grandmasters.......
    • Quote: What? Absent? :evil: Quote: You have more? I wanna see! :whistle: B)
    • SCORE!!! My first SaberF... (25 Posts)
    • Quote: I hate that control box on the game model. It's huge and ugly and has to be uncomfortable to grip....
    • Quote: Quote: Those are all so pretty.... but my fav has got to be your Bastila tribute one. Some are absent.. ;) ...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5501
  • Latest Member: Alenacausa
  • Total Posts: 57.9k
  • Total Topics: 4828
  • Total Sections: 23
  • Total Categories: 128
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 55
  • Yesterday Answer: 83